Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3170 3171 [3172] 3173 3174 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007581 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47565 on: August 18, 2020, 10:56:20 AM »

The Trump campaign chairman’s contacts with Kremlin-linked officials posed a “grave counterintelligence threat,” according to the final volume of the Senate Intelligence Committee’s report into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, which also found that some of the campaign’s other Russian contacts had closer ties to Moscow’s government and intelligence services than previously reported.

The volume, released Tuesday, states that former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort worked with a Russian intelligence officer “on narratives that sought to undermine evidence that Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. election,” including the idea that Ukrainian election interference was of greater concern.

The report also states that Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya, who met with Manafort, the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., and his son-in-law Jared Kushner at Trump Tower in 2016, had “significant connections” to the Kremlin. The information she offered to them was also “part of a broader influence operation targeting the United States that was coordinated, at least in part with elements of the Russian government,” the report states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/senate-intelligence-trump-russia-report/2020/08/18/62a7573e-e093-11ea-b69b-64f7b0477ed4_story.html?tidr=a_breakingnews

In other words, no, the whole "Russia Thing" was not a hoax.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #47566 on: August 18, 2020, 11:05:17 AM »

4. The Haunting of Ohio House

When I was a wee punk, there was a creepy TV film poorly titled Bad Ronald.

I remember that movie. It was from the hit or miss ABC Movie of the Week series.
Are you sure it wasn't the ex-housekeeper's husband?

"Parasite" sucked.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47567 on: August 18, 2020, 11:07:13 AM »

4. The Haunting of Ohio House

When I was a wee punk, there was a creepy TV film poorly titled Bad Ronald.

I remember that movie. It was from the hit or miss ABC Movie of the Week series.
Are you sure it wasn't the ex-housekeeper's husband?

"Parasite" sucked.
[rim shot]
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47568 on: August 18, 2020, 11:13:28 AM »

This underscores the conflict of interest of Dejoy in that position.   Unethical and corrupt. 
Unfortunate that appointment of the PMG doesn't get congressional review,  but is done by the board of governors.   They are appointed,  and AFAICT all by the current "president. "   The USPS site says no more than five of the nine governors can be of the same political party.   And are appointed with advise and consent of... the Senate.   
 The other two members of the board are the PMG and the deputy PMG.  Hmm.
I see you did a hasty google search on the structure of the USPS.
Spend some more time and review the credentials of DeJoy and tell us why his appointment is “ unethical and corrupt.”

Trump pushed forward a megadonor to his campaign.
Ah!  I must have missed your objections to Billionaire Penny Pritzker 
]   Already addressed DeJ's actions and conflicts of interest, as did Larry,
There is no conflict of interest
The post was in regard to the situation described in the Guardian report.  DeJoy, who made a fortune in shipping and logistics and whose former company was a contractor of the Postal Service for many years, as the new postmaster general.

I see. So being successful in the shipping business while a contractor with the Postal Service makes it unethical to head the USPS after one retires?

Can’t wait for your response on that one.

You falsely cut/paste an incomplete quote from the Guardian as if it's part of my post.   And the snippet doesn't include the key facts i and others pointed you to.   This is so dishonest that... well,  we're done.
The Guardian article was cited by you   So, of course, you will be held to its contents.
And you made charges the new PMG’s appointment was unethical and corrupt.
I can see why you want to bow out of the conversation.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47569 on: August 18, 2020, 11:17:14 AM »

This underscores the conflict of interest of Dejoy in that position.   Unethical and corrupt. 
Unfortunate that appointment of the PMG doesn't get congressional review,  but is done by the board of governors.   They are appointed,  and AFAICT all by the current "president. "   The USPS site says no more than five of the nine governors can be of the same political party.   And are appointed with advise and consent of... the Senate.   
 The other two members of the board are the PMG and the deputy PMG.  Hmm.
I see you did a hasty google search on the structure of the USPS.
Spend some more time and review the credentials of DeJoy and tell us why his appointment is “ unethical and corrupt.”

Trump pushed forward a megadonor to his campaign.
Ah!  I must have missed your objections to Billionaire Penny Pritzker 
]   Already addressed DeJ's actions and conflicts of interest, as did Larry,
There is no conflict of interest
The post was in regard to the situation described in the Guardian report.  DeJoy, who made a fortune in shipping and logistics and whose former company was a contractor of the Postal Service for many years, as the new postmaster general.

I see. So being successful in the shipping business while a contractor with the Postal Service makes it unethical to head the USPS after one retires?

Can’t wait for your response on that one.

You falsely cut/paste an incomplete quote from the Guardian as if it's part of my post.   And the snippet doesn't include the key facts i and others pointed you to.   This is so dishonest that... well,  we're done.
The Guardian article was cited by you   So, of course, you will be held to its contents.
And you made charges the new PMG’s appointment was unethical and corrupt.
I can see why you want to bow out of the conversation.
Because he has fed the sea lion enough sardines, is my guess.
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47570 on: August 18, 2020, 11:28:24 AM »

About those postal sorting machine removals:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/politics/usps-documents-sorting-machine-removal-order/index.html

Sounds like most of them had been scheduled to be removed by the end of last month.

But not all.
LOL!
Never pass up an opportunity to foster a conspiracy theory.

I think it's open to question as to how much effect that measure has.
It comes as a shock to you that a business with a huge decrease in demands for its services decides to cut costs by eliminating high cost machines?
Your biggest problem is you don’t understand our 50 state election process. It is the job of election officials to educate themselves on common sense. Asking the USPS to process absentee ballot requests on the Friday before a Tuesday election  and expecting the voter to get their ballot back to be counted within five days(one of which is Sunday) is begging for trouble.
The post office doesn’t need tons of extra help nor more machines it needs more TIME to process the ballots 

Red is giving kid a hard run for Elba's village idiot.

And kid is a 12-time defending champ.

The bolded statement might be the singularly dumbest and misinformed thought on business strategy ever posted in Elba, and there has been tons of it. .

Now companies may delay capex to reduce expenses and conserve capital, but they do not shit-can highly automated machines presumably paid for and most likely fully depreciated (that means no depreciation charge against income Red) that perform functions at a fraction of the cost and multiples of the speed that human labor will presumably perform the same task.

Red machines generally are more efficient than people at most repetitive tasks, like sorting billions of pieces of mail in a timely manner.

Congrasts Red you are truly a fucking idiot.

I look forward to future Red talks on the 50 state election laws with which he no doubt is an expert on.

Just more 3-card Donnie from Red.

Banks, As small as Elba is you would think it would be impossible to have three genuine village idiots here. But three they are.

Deej-I'm at a loss for words. Kid has earned the title for over a decade, but Red's stunnning combination of ignorance, arrogance and dishonesty makes him a triple-threat favorite to knock the fool from the stool and claim Elba's dunce cap.

Banks,  I certainly would not underestimate The Wonder from DownUnder!  The Kid is good, real good at being stupid, but as long as Jim is around, Kiid will always be second-best. iMHO
I draw pretty pictures for them since reading is like a third language to them.  But they don't seem
to be visual learners either.  LOL!!!  That was a good one. heh! "Nobody knows, certainly not me!"

Deej-Bambu is a strong contender and clear leader in the clueless clubhouse in Elba's Australian Division (a subject which still stumps kid) but I give him a little slack given the time and cultural distance he labors from.

Kid and Red are scratch clueless, IMO Bambu plays to a 3 or 4 handicap. 

As an aside, and speaking of clueless, is that your artwork that you attach to some of your posts?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #47571 on: August 18, 2020, 12:00:51 PM »

Although the report stops short of suggesting that Trump or his campaign “colluded” with Russia, it echoes special counsel Robert Mueller’s findings that the campaign sought and welcomed Russian interference in the 2016 election, amplifying the results of its hacking operation despite the knowledge of its likely foreign provenance and seeking advanced knowledge of the hacked materials.

Like Mueller’s two-year investigation, the Senate panel said the evidence was insufficient to prove that Trump or any advisers coordinated or conspired with the massive Russian election interference effort. But the panel also found that multiple witnesses were untruthful and hid or destroyed evidence that might have shed more light on the allegations.

Trump's campaign manager, Manafort had a very close ally/partner who was very likely a Russian agent.  Part of the problem/inconclusiveness is they don't know what was said between the two of them, though inferences can be made.

Imo, the most scandalous thing Russian during the election was Trump lying that he had no business and contact with Russia at the very same time he was indeed negotiating to construct the largest building in Moscow, a mega-project which would require Putin and his cronies approval and involvement and garner Trump a lot of profit.

However encouraging Russia to hack his opponents and using that info comes close.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47572 on: August 18, 2020, 12:06:45 PM »

Imo, the most scandalous thing Russian during the election was Trump lying that he had no business and contact with Russia at the very same time he was indeed negotiating to construct the largest building in Moscow, a mega-project which would require Putin and his cronies approval and involvement and garner Trump a lot of profit.

However encouraging Russia to hack his opponents and using that info comes close.

The most scandalous thing was that the Trump Campaign did not go to the FBI immediately when they had information that Russia was intending to interfere in the elections.  They knew who was committing the hacks and they not only kept it secret, but lied publicly about their knowledge.

Which is still not as scandalous as the fact that even now Trump will not acknowledge or rebuke Russian interference because he wants them to do it again this year.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47573 on: August 18, 2020, 12:29:03 PM »

The most scandalous thing was that the Trump Campaign did not go to the FBI immediately when they had information that Russia was intending to interfere in the elections.  They knew who was committing the hacks and they not only kept it secret, but lied publicly about their knowledge.

Which is still not as scandalous as the fact that even now Trump will not acknowledge or rebuke Russian interference because he wants them to do it again this year.
You and Bo doing some  🍒 picking this morning?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47574 on: August 18, 2020, 12:38:33 PM »

Faith.  Family.  Freedom.  Hope.  Opportunity.

Trump and the Republican Party.

Welcome, independents.  The choice is obvious for this year.  Last night was Exhibit A.

You do good drugs.

Faith: Go ahead and gas the minister of the church I want to stage my photo op in front of.

Family: Go ahead and separate the children from their parents, then make sure that they can't be reunited. And send the children back to school or else! Also, we want your college kids back on campus playing football. And who cares about the old folks?

Freedom: Lock up those pot users! Don't let the low level drug users out. Make protests illegal!

Hope: Hope that North Korea will not develop nukes. Hope that the climate problem goes away. Hope that the vaccine comes in time to save the election.

Opportunity: Russia, here are our Afghanistan bases. Let us remove our troops from Germany. Can we remove our sanctions on you? Oh, also, we're going to do nothing to stop your adventures in our election system.

The choice is obvious this year.

Any doubt? Look at the lack of leadership on COVID-19 and the ongoing death toll.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

oilcan

« Reply #47575 on: August 18, 2020, 12:54:15 PM »

The Trump campaign chairman’s contacts with Kremlin-linked officials posed a “grave counterintelligence threat,” according to the final volume of the Senate Intelligence Committee’s report into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, which also found that some of the campaign’s other Russian contacts had closer ties to Moscow’s government and intelligence services than previously reported.

The volume, released Tuesday, states that former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort worked with a Russian intelligence officer “on narratives that sought to undermine evidence that Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. election,” including the idea that Ukrainian election interference was of greater concern.

The report also states that Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya, who met with Manafort, the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., and his son-in-law Jared Kushner at Trump Tower in 2016, had “significant connections” to the Kremlin. The information she offered to them was also “part of a broader influence operation targeting the United States that was coordinated, at least in part with elements of the Russian government,” the report states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/senate-intelligence-trump-russia-report/2020/08/18/62a7573e-e093-11ea-b69b-64f7b0477ed4_story.html?tidr=a_breakingnews

In other words, no, the whole "Russia Thing" was not a hoax.

Paywall-free Reuters coverage:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-senate/u-s-senate-committee-concludes-russia-used-manafort-wikileaks-to-boost-trump-in-2016-idUSKCN25E1US

oilcan

« Reply #47576 on: August 18, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »

I do not think that term means what you think it means.  Cherry-picking is a narrow and misleading statistical slice.  These finding are not statistical, nor are they narrow, nor do they mislead.  The Trumpistos lied, they acted unethically in failure to report, they endorsed and encouraged election cheating.  They solicited assistance from a foreign power and adversarial state.  That's not a few cherries, that's the whole damn tree. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47577 on: August 18, 2020, 01:12:15 PM »

I do not think that term means what you think it means.
Oh but it does as confirmed by your post. Let us know when you have digested the complete report.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47578 on: August 18, 2020, 01:13:47 PM »

I do not think that term means what you think it means.
Oh but it does as confirmed by your post. Let us know when you have digested the complete report.

You let us know when you have found something in the report that contradicts anything bodiddley or I said.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47579 on: August 18, 2020, 01:19:55 PM »

At least 20 states plan to file lawsuits this week against the U.S. Postal Service and its new postmaster, Louis DeJoy, seeking to reverse service changes that have prompted widespread reports of delays and accusations of an intentional effort to thwart voters from mailing their ballots this fall.

The suits, expected to be filed in federal court imminently, will argue that the Postal Service broke the law by making operational changes without first seeking approval from the Postal Regulatory Commission. They will also argue that the changes will impede states’ ability to run free and fair elections, officials from several state attorney general offices told The Washington Post. The Constitution gives states and Congress, not the executive branch, the power to regulate elections.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/at-least-20-states-plan-to-sue-the-us-postal-service-over-service-delays-threat-to-election/2020/08/18/c6ca2dc6-e166-11ea-b69b-64f7b0477ed4_story.html

REDSTATEWARD:  States are free to decide how to run their elections as they see fit.  Except when trying to game the system to elect a Republican.  Then its ok.  According to the Constitution.

And oh yeah, the United States Postal Service is a business!

LOL.
Pages: 1 ... 3170 3171 [3172] 3173 3174 ... 4288