Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3186 3187 [3188] 3189 3190 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007325 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47805 on: August 20, 2020, 02:29:15 PM »

I'm not into labels, but the only way Joe Biden is a "Moderate Republican" is by re-defining by what the Democratic and Republican Parties are.

Biden is an old-fashioned FDR coalition type of Democrat.  You can like it or not and want the Democratic Party to be different these days but in any event he's no Republican even with a tortured re-definition. 

It's also my view that if enough people actually view Biden as a "Moderate Republican" Trump is going to win again...
I am in favor of leaving ideological purity "XINO" tests to the Tea Party types. If Biden is a.moderate Republican, so, essentially,  am I.

Biden is a Centerist Democrat with the support of moderate republicans, principled Conservatives, and sincere religious voters, and anyone with a stake in a strong future for the United States.

Biden is going to be called every name under the sun, but we’ll be glad when he’s President even if it’s over trump, pence, and Mitch’s dead bodies.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47806 on: August 20, 2020, 02:33:05 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/20/1970881/-Is-the-entire-American-conservative-movement-just-one-big-scam

Suckers!

But Trump hasn't always been so sour on the project. The New York Times reported last summer that the president gave the group his "blessing," according to former Kansas gubernatorial candidate Kris Kobach, who sits on the board of "We Build the Wall."

Trump's son, Donald Trump, Jr., praised the private border wall effort last summer, saying the group "is what capitalism is all about."

"This is private enterprise at its finest," he said in 2019, according to the El Paso Times.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/20/donald-trump-steve-bannon-arrest-399313

Be best, America.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47807 on: August 20, 2020, 02:49:22 PM »

Former ambassador to Iraq, John Negroponte endorsed Biden.

Bernie and Negroponte are actively backing the same candidate for president.

There is much less ideological divide in this country than an infection of a pyramid scheme that parades as trump’s republican party.

There’s gonna be one hell of a purge after trump is deposed.

barton

« Reply #47808 on: August 20, 2020, 02:53:50 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/20/1970881/-Is-the-entire-American-conservative-movement-just-one-big-scam

Suckers!

Great essay.

The truth is that there is no secret knowledge. Knowledge is available to anyone. It’s just that becoming a real expert on anything requires years of study and experience. It doesn’t come in a weekend seminar, or in a ring-binder priced higher than a Midwestern home. The truth is also that things change. Places change. Institutions change. Countries change. No one can promise that they won’t. Pretending otherwise is no more than selling snake oil. And of course, Republicans are at that, too. Isn’t that right, My Pillow guy?

barton

« Reply #47809 on: August 20, 2020, 03:03:14 PM »

I agree XINO labels are pointless and probably silly,  but I do regret that the label wasn't used on some Whigs.   Then WINO would have been an acronym. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47810 on: August 20, 2020, 03:32:06 PM »

I agree XINO labels are pointless and probably silly,  but I do regret that the label wasn't used on some Whigs.   Then WINO would have been an acronym.

Acronym   Definition
WINO   Wife in Name Only
WINO   Wine Investigation for Novices and Oenophiles (California)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47811 on: August 20, 2020, 03:35:04 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47812 on: August 20, 2020, 03:38:02 PM »

I appreciate the discussion and clarification of where Biden falls on the Dem political spectrum.

I had him as old-school mostly bleeding heart liberal.

But perhaps you guys can clear uo where Trump would like to fall on the SUPREME LEADER dictator wannabe scale

Mussoilini Moderate

Pinochet Populist

Castro Convertible Conservative

Franco Fascist

Duvalier Despot

Putin Progressive

or rather as an

Idid Amin for all season all purpose psychopath dictator

thanks in advance

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47813 on: August 20, 2020, 03:46:38 PM »

The cruelty is the point.

This Administration will be prosecuted for crimes against humanity...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-cabinet-officials-voted-2018-white-house-meeting-separate-migrant-n1237416
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #47814 on: August 20, 2020, 04:19:02 PM »

Banks,

I was calling him Moose O'Leany for a while here,  because of some stylistic similarities I had noticed watching old footage of Benito.   But I see a pinch of Amin psychopathy in there,  too.  In terms of policies, ideology,  and resulting crises,  he seems more like a Pinochet.   But a reeaallllly stupid version.   Which may prove fortunate.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47815 on: August 20, 2020, 04:25:17 PM »

I appreciate the discussion and clarification of where Biden falls on the Dem political spectrum.

I had him as old-school mostly bleeding heart liberal.

But perhaps you guys can clear uo where Trump would like to fall on the SUPREME LEADER dictator wannabe scale

Mussoilini Moderate

Pinochet Populist

Castro Convertible Conservative

Franco Fascist

Duvalier Despot

Putin Progressive

or rather as an

Idid Amin for all season all purpose psychopath dictator

thanks in advance

Red Queen

and you are very welcome

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47816 on: August 20, 2020, 04:25:33 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47818 on: August 20, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »

Banks,

I was calling him Moose O'Leany for a while here,  because of some stylistic similarities I had noticed watching old footage of Benito.   But I see a pinch of Amin psychopathy in there,  too.  In terms of policies, ideology,  and resulting crises,  he seems more like a Pinochet.   But a reeaallllly stupid version.   Which may prove fortunate.

He reminds me of the Mussolini clips Lena Wertmuller used in the opening montage of ‘Seven Beauties.’
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3186 3187 [3188] 3189 3190 ... 4288