Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3192 3193 [3194] 3195 3196 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007298 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47895 on: August 21, 2020, 12:51:15 AM »

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/08/20/biden-sets-out-the-case-for-america-to-choose-light-over-dark/

Nice, Larry.

Trump will be plagiarizing Shaggy next week, off beat and off key with none of the warmth or charm.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47896 on: August 21, 2020, 01:17:06 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/08/20/us-postal-service-louis-dejoy/

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has mapped out far more sweeping changes to the U.S. Postal Service than previously disclosed, considering actions that could lead to slower mail delivery in parts of the country and higher prices for some mail services, according to several people familiar with the plans.

The plans under consideration, described by four people familiar with Postal Service discussions, would come after the election and touch on all corners of the agency’s work. They include raising package rates, particularly when delivering the last mile on behalf of big retailers; setting higher prices for service in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico; curbing discounts for nonprofits; requiring election ballots to use first-class postage; and leasing space in Postal Service facilities to other government agencies and companies.

I see they read some of the business plan we discussed here a few days ago to rationalie the business and reprice some routes and services. Some people may not be happy with the new all-in cost reflected pricing model.  People in Bum Fuck might not be pleased. I don't know where Bum Fuck is but Bart does. But higher prices and slowe delivery is not a great marketing plan. I was screwing around, De Joy isn't he wants to break the USPS.

But they seem to have backed off the plan to pull the plugs on effiecient mail sorting equipment. That was just fucking dumb if you want to do the job in a cost-efficient manner. Sorting billions of ppieces og mail by hand might really slow things down. Doesn't seem efficient at all. Although it seems to appeal to Red.

Perhaps under congressional oversight and scrutiny or the lawsuits threatened by the 20-something states, the USPS and DeJoy will decide to plug-in the sorting machines in time to guarantee the timely delivery of mail-in ballots and to help guarantee that Americans can efficiently and fairly exercise the most sacred of our democratic actvities, voting. 

i'm sure most of us want a fair election, unhampered by Russians or a hack crony of a inept and corrupt wannabe dictator.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 01:19:36 AM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47897 on: August 21, 2020, 01:34:18 AM »

It would be better if DeJoy left the hearings in cuffs and headed directly to his cell. Deputies that predate his raid or tenure or what ever you want to call it can plug the machines back in.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47898 on: August 21, 2020, 08:22:56 AM »

Old piece... Banks, yes everything I post is my original work and is signed and dated.
Check gradycartoons.com for more.  It is free and no,paywall, as yet! 😷👌✌️😇

That's good stuff Deej-you're an artiste!

The only thing I can draw is a conclusion and sometimes I have a hard time staying insides the lines.   :)

thanks for posting the link

I can't see any of Deej's posts.
Maybe he uses disappearing ink?
He has long had a practice of deleting his account.
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47899 on: August 21, 2020, 09:36:45 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pence-economy-law-and-order-on-ballot

Yep

About all they can do today

Decent week for DNC

Picture changes Sunday

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47900 on: August 21, 2020, 10:45:34 AM »

Should be hilarious watching leftists praise the electoral college voting system if Biden wins.

We opposed it when Obama won. I see no reason we would suddenly embrace it if Biden wins.

We?

I didn't post any of that nor can i fathom why the post was attributed to me.   MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE.   OR FIX.
Apparently the post in question was made by Josh.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47901 on: August 21, 2020, 11:24:51 AM »

So as I understand it, the automated highly efficient mail sorting machines are synced to meet the transporation schedule as decided upon by the PMG, and there is more than adequate capacity by those machines, and no need to re-install the dismatled machines, as the output is getting to the riders and ponies on time.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47902 on: August 21, 2020, 11:26:36 AM »

Slighly less TIC,

To borrow and slightly bend a phrase that seems sadly appropriate, "At least the trucks run on time"

So what if they're empty?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47903 on: August 21, 2020, 11:46:19 AM »

Should be hilarious watching leftists praise the electoral college voting system if Biden wins.

We opposed it when Obama won. I see no reason we would suddenly embrace it if Biden wins.

Your uninformed, heavily biased bullshit opinions are stupid.
We?

I didn't post any of that nor can i fathom why the post was attributed to me.   MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE.   OR FIX.

But heaven forfend that you should go back to fix your original mistake.

That's fine.

As the saying goes, FIFY.

Regardless, Ward, you need to be more careful when posting.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47904 on: August 21, 2020, 11:51:38 AM »

Sounds like a threat from JoshNN.

heh

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47905 on: August 21, 2020, 12:06:43 PM »

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/wsj-admin-reverses-says-cdc-will-regain-control-of-covid-data

Now the claim is that the current HHS system is only temporary (and why it doesn't work well), but they are building a new, bigger, better system, which the CDC will control.

Of course, if that had been the plan, it would have been part of the explanation at the time, but whatever.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47906 on: August 21, 2020, 12:07:52 PM »

Sounds like a threat from JoshNN.

heh

heh </sarcasm>

It's a complaint.

It's not a surprise that you cannot tell them apart.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47907 on: August 21, 2020, 12:10:26 PM »

We?

That's fine.

Huh?
The question I raised has still not been answered.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47908 on: August 21, 2020, 12:37:22 PM »

We?

That's fine.

Huh?
The question I raised has still not been answered.

Yes, it has. By more than one person.

And what I was pointing out was that YOU need to be more careful when you post, so that you don't totally screw up who posted what, as you did in this instance.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47909 on: August 21, 2020, 12:43:29 PM »

Mike Pence was asked what he expected the pandemic's death toll in the US to be by the end of the year.

He refused to even touch that question, but instead sprang to the defense of Trump and Trump's handling of the problem in this country.

The inability to be honest about their mistakes is a hallmark of this administration and especially of this president.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/08/21/mike-pence-joe-biden-coronavirus-berman-newday-intv-vpx.cnn
Pages: 1 ... 3192 3193 [3194] 3195 3196 ... 4288