Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3227 3228 [3229] 3230 3231 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882161 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #48420 on: August 26, 2020, 05:55:14 PM »

This suburban wife put on her jacket to show her distaste for the fairy tales spun by the Slovenian Stepford Wife.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48421 on: August 26, 2020, 06:06:47 PM »

If you ever wonder why Red is so high, look up his dealers,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_%26_Environmental_Policy_Project
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #48422 on: August 26, 2020, 06:07:52 PM »

When wind and solar come up  short in delivering reliable and needed energy the media and political classes start pointing fingers.
But,  of course, the fingers never point at them.
Like Shaggy sang
It wasn’t me”!
But this time the scientists who contribute to Science and Environmental Policy Project’s weekly newsletter: are quick to explain that it is.

To protect the energy system which provides electric power for most of the state, the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) was forced to create rolling blackouts during unusually hot days this past week. Immediately the chief executive of the state, Governor Gavin Newsom began blaming others for these needed actions, sending a letter to CAISO and the Public Utility Commission . . .

For years, CAISO has been warning anyone who will listen of the dangers of relying too heavily on unreliable renewables, particularly solar power, which requires rapid increases in reliable power in the late afternoon of sunny days when the sun goes down. These power outages are a result of legislative and executive errors from failure to recognize the serious damage that relying on untrustworthy power will do . . .
Blackouts in California have provided a stark example of how green ideology has so blinded some government officials that they ignore stark warnings that their policies are leading to economic disasters. There is no magic technology or pixie dust that can make unreliable solar and wind reliable. Government officials who claim the problems have been solved are irresponsible.

"Science and Environmental Policy Project".
Established in 1990 by S. Fred Singer to challenge government environmental policies based on poor science, The Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP) stands for objective science, based on hard evidence.

SEPP examines questionable governmental policies, no matter how popular, to determine if policies are based on the rigorous application of the scientific method and not just a passing fad. SEPP’s mission is to educate politicians, the media, and the public on the importance of scientific rigor in establishing environmental and related policies, such as energy.

SEPP examines the integrity of databases used to establish policies to determine if they have been manipulated without compelling reasons, to assess if the databases address the issues claimed, and to determine if databases used are comprehensive with no substantial data missing.

SEPP questions the use of models for public policy unless the models have been appropriately verified and validated. No matter how elaborate, results from numerical models that are not thoroughly tested against hard evidence are speculative and cannot be relied upon. Testing the results of a model by using parts of the model against the results from the entire model is a ruse, used all too frequently. Comparing a model with similar models is not model validation. They may have similar errors.

Logic can carry models only so far. If they fail any tests against relevant data, the models must be changed or discarded. Omitting critical data violates the scientific method.

In 2007, SEPP established the Non-governmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC) to respond to the false claims of the UN-IPCC, and its followers, who claim, without hard evidence, that the use of fossil fuels, and consequent CO2 emissions, will lead to climate disasters. The Heartland Institute is an outstanding contributor and publisher of these reports.

From the WaPo piece on Singer's death: Warning of the dangers of overpopulation in 1971, Dr. Singer noted, “Environmental quality is not a luxury; it is an absolute necessity of life.”

At that time, he advocated the “conservation of resources” and “above all . . . choosing life styles which permit ‘growth’ of a type that makes a minimum impact on the ecology of the earth’s biosphere.”

As some of his predictions came into focus and others faded from view over the next half-century, Dr. Singer came to occupy a different place in the scientific world. Somewhere along the line, Dr. Singer’s views of science became entwined with a libertarian, anti-communist political viewpoint that made him increasingly outspoken and contrarian.

He found a new purpose as a scourge who sought to denigrate other scientists who warned the public about secondhand smoke, greenhouse gas emissions, acid rain and the dangers of a steadily warming climate...“Stop worrying, don’t worry,” he told a gathering at Colorado State University in 2011. “Nothing you do will have any effect on the carbon dioxide level in the atmosphere. Even if it did have an effect, it won’t affect the planet.”

In 1990, Dr. Singer founded the Virginia-based Science and Environmental Policy Project “to challenge government environmental policies based on poor science.” The group’s mission statement notes that “omitting critical data violates the scientific method” — precisely what Dr. Singer’s critics accused him of doing.

In 2007, he helped launch the Non-governmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC) — a climate-skeptical counterpart to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

From climate change to tobacco to air pollution, Dr. Singer held firm to the belief that government regulations were wrong in principle and too costly in practice. Over time, he focused his attention mostly on climate change, becoming perhaps the most prominent scientist speaking out in opposition to a growing body of evidence that rising global temperatures could have a catastrophic effect on the planet.

The Chairman of the SEPP takes pride in the following, and has it on the Heartland Institute Website.

DECEMBER 18, 2017
Heartland Institute Experts React to Climate Change Being Removed from Trump's National Security Strategy
By Tim Huelskamp, Ph.D., Jay Lehr, H. Sterling Burnett, Frederick D. Palmer, Bette Grande, John Coleman (1934-2018), Tom Harris, Tom Sheahen, Kenneth Haapala, Timothy Ball, James H. Rust, Walter Starck
“The elimination of climate change from the nation’s list of security threats is one of the most important of the many actions the president has taken to strength the United States.” - Jay Lehr

Redstate Science. Rooted in politics, not science.

The End.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #48423 on: August 26, 2020, 06:11:42 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/26/why-hurricane-lauras-storm-surge-could-devastate-texas-and-louisiana.html

Hurricane Laura, which is barreling towards the coasts of Louisiana and Texas, is expected to bring “unsurvivable” storm surge that could reach as high as 15 to 20 feet in some areas and travel as far as 30 miles inland.

The topography of south Louisiana is especially vulnerable to a strong storm surge because much of the land between the coast and the city of Lake Charles is marshland and rivers that run into the Gulf of Mexico.

“To think that there would be a wall of water over two stories high coming on shore is very difficult for most to conceive, but that is what is going to happen,” said National Weather Service meteorologist Benjamin Schott at a news conference.[/li][/list]

Trump is going to need to bring a lot of paper towels down south.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #48424 on: August 26, 2020, 06:14:23 PM »

Doc Rivers was most impressive last night.

Who wouldn't be moved by what he had to say?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48425 on: August 26, 2020, 06:45:48 PM »

Maybe the playoff-free day in the NBA will give its players led by its Chief Crime Investigator
LeBron James time to get some more reliable information from Kenosha.
Jason Whitlock, a Black Journalist, feels LeBron needs to be better informed.

Monday morning, less than 24 hours after Kenosha police shot Blake seven times, James filed his initial report on the incident, tweeting:
“And y’all wonder why we say what we say about the police! Someone please tell me WTF is this?! Exactly another black man being targeted. This shit is so wrong and so sad! Feel so sorry for him, his family and our people! We want justice.”
Monday night, after acquiring additional information while moonlighting as a small forward in a playoff game against the Portland Trail Blazers, Officer James held a press conference to discuss the shooting.
“I know people get tired of hearing me say it, but we are scared as black people in America,” James said. “Black men, black women, black kids, we are terrified.”
James later accused the police of lying.
“If you’re sitting here and telling me that there was no way to ‘saydue’ (subdue) that gentleman or detain him or just before firing guns, then you’re sitting here lying to not only me, but you’re lying to every African American, every black person in the community,” James said.
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1298119092033945600
I’m black. I’m not scared. I’m not terrified. Neither is LeBron James. He’s lying. He and the political activists controlling him want black people to immerse themselves in fear. Fear is a tool used to control people. If you comply with police instructions, there is virtually no chance of an American citizen being harmed by police.
“If you watch the video, there were multiple moments where if they wanted to, they could’ve tackled (Blake),” Officer James said. “They could’ve grabbed him. You know? They could’ve done that. And why, why does it always have to get to a point where we see guns firing?”
It’s very difficult to investigate police shootings and play NBA playoff games. Officer James is clearly unaware of a second video that shows police on the opposite side of Blake’s car wrestling with Blake on the ground. Blake escapes the police, gets to his feet and walks to the driver’s side of his vehicle.

Whitlock concludes.

Black Lives Matter is a clever Twitter hashtag designed to spread racial division. Twitter baits and rewards racial demagoguery. James is addicted to social media. His bigotry is no surprise.

https://www.outkick.com/whitlock-lebron-james-is-a-bigot/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:49:59 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48426 on: August 26, 2020, 07:04:12 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48427 on: August 26, 2020, 07:04:43 PM »

Seeing there was no market for his scientist, Red trots out a journalist with equal appeal.

No sports for a country that can’t get its police to stop shooting Black people.

Significant gun control measures must accompany comprehensive policing reforms.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48428 on: August 26, 2020, 07:04:50 PM »

The testing of the children has increased because the number of children showing symptoms has increased.

lol

I'm going to start deleting this bullshit.

barton

« Reply #48429 on: August 26, 2020, 07:06:52 PM »

"Heartland Institute" is kind of a giveaway that fossil fuel industry funded antiscience is being peddled.  Exxon and Philip Morris have been longtime donors.  Not surprising they went all out on "secondhand smoke is harmless" back in the nineties,  before they settled on climate change denialism.    One of their favorite scams is to pretend that there is no hard empirical evidence for a certain atmospheric effect,  that it's all just "computer models. "  This false assertion has been debunked many times.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48431 on: August 26, 2020, 07:12:47 PM »

The testing of the children has increased because the number of children showing symptoms has increased.

lol

Josh is tired of other opinions. Only his count.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48432 on: August 26, 2020, 07:15:12 PM »

lol

LOL
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48433 on: August 26, 2020, 07:15:37 PM »

lol

"LOL" is not an opinion.

And whether kids are getting sick or not is also not an opinion.

Your opinion that I am tired of opinions is an opinion.

Your ineptitude with language is a fact as is your inability to admit the truth.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #48434 on: August 26, 2020, 07:16:43 PM »

lol

Post somewhere where there's a moderator more sensitive to your needs.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 3227 3228 [3229] 3230 3231 ... 4288