Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3238 3239 [3240] 3241 3242 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1698173 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #48585 on: August 28, 2020, 12:54:32 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/08/27/trump-swiped-44-billion-from-fema-as-he-undermined-unemployment-negotiations-before-hurricane-laura/

We now enter the trumpiest season of death, displacement, infection, strife, decay, and collapse.

In 2 months, Americans will be nearly unanimous in wanting to burn trump, his spawn, and his cronies all alive in the bunker so no one ever has to see or hear from any of them again.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48586 on: August 28, 2020, 01:07:30 AM »

Huh.

I found OPERATE FIREARM WHILE INTOXICATED far more damning.

In 2016 he was 13.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48587 on: August 28, 2020, 01:10:19 AM »

Trump vows to stop the protests, slams the NBA, and continues to fail to address the Jacob Blake shooting.

It's being investigated.  Why would he comment?

When has that ever stopped him unless the stoppage was self-serving?

That was Obama - jumped in with no facts and looked the fool.

Obama begot Trump - remember that til your dying day.

Yeah, white people couldn’t take having a black president do they found the worst white guy they could find.

Probably the greatest self own in modern history.

White people elected the Black president.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48588 on: August 28, 2020, 01:32:33 AM »

And Russians “elected” the first orange one.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-aug-26-2020-republican-convention-declines

America moves further on from the GOP since it sacrificed itself to trump, the Nixon virus finally and irrevocably killing the host.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48589 on: August 28, 2020, 01:47:49 AM »

The tzarist shot show was not very popular with the locals in DC tonight.

Why oh why aren’t republicans more beloved?

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48590 on: August 28, 2020, 02:03:30 AM »

http://youtu.be/Y7FvR8hkr6w

Is this an official trump campaign ad or not?

I can’t tell.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48591 on: August 28, 2020, 02:12:00 AM »

bambu is the "PMA...positive mental attitude guru

Hilarious ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48592 on: August 28, 2020, 03:12:34 AM »

bambu is the "PMA...positive mental attitude guru

Hilarious ...

Like that?

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, so today do whatever makes you happy, even if that is 'nothing'.

×××

I've lent my friend who is struggling my copy of
SUCCESS
through
a
POSITIVE MENTAL
ATTITUDE.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 03:25:25 AM by bambu. »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48593 on: August 28, 2020, 03:29:17 AM »

Huh.

In 2016 he was 13.

Or maybe 12. And already in trouble with booze and a gun. A kid who should never have been given that gun and dropped off in the middle of conflict.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48594 on: August 28, 2020, 03:35:20 AM »

Wow,  the basketball thread makes this one look like a Quaker meeting. 

I try to stick to rational argumentation.  State a position and lay out my reasons.  Of course, I can be wrong, but at least I make a cogent argument.  Some people when they disagree with you go on the attack and belittle and make a mockery of intelligent discourse.  Those folks are not worth my time. 

Ordinarily I try to be reasonably polite, but when faced with internet jerkiness and bluster and irrationality, I find it's best to just call it out, and then drop the matter.  You don't/won't see me get into protracted arguments with Redward or bankshot or les.  Not useful in any sense.  But the Ignore function is useful and while a little hidden, easier to find and use than I first thought, after you discover the correct pathway.

Personally if I were moderating a site and someone used the term junglebunnies in almost any context, I'd probably put them on a week hiatus with a stern warning.  Which possibly means I shouldn't be policing any internet message board.  Then again, I also wouldn't tolerate the many times folks here call people pieces of shit or worse.  I'd prefer more adult discourse.  I don't mind freewheeling discussion, but I can decide how to deal with those who cross certain boundaries.  Rule #1: don't get sucked into an idiot pissing contest.

Overall, I try to be a better person on the internet, because I'm putting my views and thoughts out in public, and in a written format you have time to consider your and organize your thoughts.  No need to be impulsive or a hothead.  And the drunk posting some do is awfully sad if you ask me.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48595 on: August 28, 2020, 03:36:40 AM »

I love the headlines about the ratings of the two National Conventions. Everybody talks about overall ratings but the two conservative media voices, the NY Post and Fox, both of which sing out the great numbers the RNC did on specific channels.

It's hilarious!

Hollywood Reporter
TV Ratings: Republican Convention Declines on Night 3

New York Daily News
RNC ratings fall in Night 3 despite Mike Pence speech: report

Fox News
Fox News attracts 7.1 million viewers on third night of RNC, dominating competition

The New York Times
G.O.P. TV Ratings Fall Below Democrats, Despite Fox News’s Big Night

New York Post
RNC 2020 opening night ratings on C-SPAN blow away DNC viewership

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48596 on: August 28, 2020, 03:38:11 AM »

Huh.

In 2016 he was 13.

Or maybe 12. And already in trouble with booze and a gun. A kid who should never have been given that gun and dropped off in the middle of conflict.
Huh.

In 2016 he was 13.

Exactly.
Total madness.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48597 on: August 28, 2020, 03:38:56 AM »

Wow,  the basketball thread makes this one look like a Quaker meeting. 

I try to stick to rational argumentation.  State a position and lay out my reasons.  Of course, I can be wrong, but at least I make a cogent argument.  Some people when they disagree with you go on the attack and belittle and make a mockery of intelligent discourse.  Those folks are not worth my time. 

Ordinarily I try to be reasonably polite, but when faced with internet jerkiness and bluster and irrationality, I find it's best to just call it out, and then drop the matter.  You don't/won't see me get into protracted arguments with Redward or bankshot or les.  Not useful in any sense.  But the Ignore function is useful and while a little hidden, easier to find and use than I first thought, after you discover the correct pathway.

Personally if I were moderating a site and someone used the term junglebunnies in almost any context, I'd probably put them on a week hiatus with a stern warning.  Which possibly means I shouldn't be policing any internet message board.  Then again, I also wouldn't tolerate the many times folks here call people pieces of shit or worse.  I'd prefer more adult discourse.  I don't mind freewheeling discussion, but I can decide how to deal with those who cross certain boundaries.  Rule #1: don't get sucked into an idiot pissing contest.

Overall, I try to be a better person on the internet, because I'm putting my views and thoughts out in public, and in a written format you have time to consider your and organize your thoughts.  No need to be impulsive or a hothead.  And the drunk posting some do is awfully sad if you ask me.

OMG, Bo just used the term junglebunnies!

More seriously, I don't read every post (and global me no global), which means that what nobody tells me about I am likely not to see.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48598 on: August 28, 2020, 03:56:53 AM »

"NBA players are very fortunate that they have the financial position where they're able to take a night off from work without having to have the consequences to themselves financially," Kushner said on CNBC.

Kushner said that he planned to reach out to Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James, an outspoken advocate for policing changes.

In a separate conversation, Kushner said, "Look, I do think that peaceful protest has a place and it has importance. But I do think that what we need to do right now is make sure that we take the anger that people have and we have to move from slogans to constructive solutions."

Not that he offered any of those. And he explained that he would reach out to LeBron when the protests are over.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48599 on: August 28, 2020, 04:25:29 AM »

I'd probably ban half the posters within a week.  And there aren't that many folks here to begin with.

Freewheeling and a light mod touch are fine.  Just means sometimes I have to opt out of engaging with some folks who enjoy an extended pig-pile-on.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 3238 3239 [3240] 3241 3242 ... 4288