Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3256 3257 [3258] 3259 3260 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606185 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #48855 on: August 30, 2020, 06:06:19 PM »

FEMA has been late paying contractors as well

They dillydally as long as they can with the bills, like businesses.

Not late.

NOT PAYING. Not saying "sorry, we'll pay you later."

And most businesses don't pay late, Kid.

Or refuse to pay at all until forced to, like Trump has through the last 3 decades.

You make excuses for the dumbest things.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48856 on: August 30, 2020, 06:11:29 PM »

Extra fees are built into contracts - different percentages for differing times of payment.  Gives options.  Just regular business practice.

And yes - often lawsuits occur for non payment - not just with Trump's entities.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48857 on: August 30, 2020, 06:15:37 PM »

Extra fees are built into contracts - different percentages for differing times of payment.  Gives options.  Just regular business practice.

And yes - often lawsuits occur for non payment - not just with Trump's entities.

God, you are just so full of shit.

Trump's a bully who uses his wealth to reduce payments or eliminate them. He does it with contractors, with lawyers, etc.

And you think it's fine.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48858 on: August 30, 2020, 06:26:41 PM »

Doubt very much it is legal to charge people for police presence at a political protest/rally.  Unless the group specifically hired the police.  Absent that, the gov't can't charge you to assemble in public.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #48859 on: August 30, 2020, 06:35:57 PM »

Speaking of looting...

In an unusual move, even in times of disaster, the White House stepped into the federal purchasing process, ordering the Federal Emergency Management Agency to award a contract to AirBoss of America. The Trump administration has rushed through hundreds of deals to address the pandemic without the usual oversight, more than $760 million reported as of this week, but the AirBoss transaction is the single largest no-bid purchase, a ProPublica analysis of federal purchasing data found.

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-white-house-pushed-fema-to-give-its-biggest-coronavirus-contract-to-a-company-that-never-had-to-bid
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48861 on: August 30, 2020, 06:49:23 PM »

Doubt very much it is legal to charge people for police presence at a political protest/rally. 
[
Unless the group specifically hired the police.  Absent that, the gov't can't charge you to assemble in public.
Did you even read the article you linked?

“I was shocked when I read that I had to pay to exercise my First Amendment right,” said Gil, who thinks she was being targeted for her take on affordable housing in the community.

The mayor said he is the first in decades to combat the housing issue and had no problem with the protest.

“And we made sure that we fulfilled and satisfied our obligation to make sure that they can exercise their freedom of speech and to peaceably assemble,” said Mayor Kranjac.

Kranjac said the borough has an ordinance in place that allows it to bill for any expenses incurred for police services at private events. The bill sent to Gil was standard protocol, he said.

Apparently you did not.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48862 on: August 30, 2020, 06:55:43 PM »

Klacik, made the comment after host Maria Bartiromo pointed to the results of a new Hill-HarrisX poll, which found that President Trump’s support among Black voters increased nine percentage points in the Aug. 22-25 survey, which included the first two days of the Republican National Convention.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/baltimore-gop-house-candidate-kimberly-klacik-on-gop-outreach-to-minority-voters

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48863 on: August 30, 2020, 07:07:19 PM »

barton

« Reply #48864 on: August 30, 2020, 07:28:59 PM »

Doubt very much it is legal to charge people for police presence at a political protest/rally. 

Unless the group specifically hired the police.  Absent that, the gov't can't charge you to assemble in public.

“I was shocked when I read that I had to pay to exercise my First Amendment right,” said Gil, who thinks she was being targeted for her take on affordable housing in the community.

The mayor said he is the first in decades to combat the housing issue and had no problem with the protest.

“And we made sure that we fulfilled and satisfied our obligation to make sure that they can exercise their freedom of speech and to peaceably assemble,” said Mayor Kranjac.

Kranjac said the borough has an ordinance in place that allows it to bill for any expenses incurred for police services at private events. The bill sent to Gil was standard protocol, he said.

Apparently you did not.

"Private event" ?   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48865 on: August 30, 2020, 07:46:21 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/politics/mandela-barnes-trump-kenosha-wisconsin-visit/index.html

They would rather that Trump not go to Kenosha.

Trump, as ever, does not care what anybody else thinks.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48866 on: August 30, 2020, 07:48:32 PM »

[

Apparently you did not.

Apparently you believe everything a public official declares without thinking before typing.

And you still have no answer to Trump's not paying the costs his campaign incurs, while supporting this billing.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48867 on: August 30, 2020, 07:52:18 PM »

Why?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/29/us/los-angeles-teacher-i-cant-breathe-shirt/index.html

Why flee her house? Because she feared for her life.

Why threaten her for wearing a tee shirt? Because your part of society has made it clear that that is okay behavior.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48868 on: August 30, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »

[

Apparently you did not.

Apparently you believe everything a public official declares without thinking before typing.

Bo and I were discussing the fact that free speech does not automatically  include freedom from expenses  to assemble at private events.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 08:24:08 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48869 on: August 30, 2020, 08:27:25 PM »

Apparently you did not.

"Private event" ?
Well, yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 3256 3257 [3258] 3259 3260 ... 4288