Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3295 3296 [3297] 3298 3299 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1878034 times)

Echo2

• View Profile

Echo2

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #49441 on: September 04, 2020, 11:45:50 PM »

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/03/barr-repeatedly-claims-he-doesnt-know-whether-its-illegal-vote-twice-following-trump

Another man with "stones" for Kid to admire:
"I don't know what the law in the particular state says," Barr said in a CNN appearance when host Wolf Blitzer told the attorney general that it is, in fact, illegal to vote twice.

"Well, I don't know what the law in the particular state says," Barr repeated.

Echo2

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49443 on: September 05, 2020, 02:03:49 AM »

The biggest sucker and loser in this military is the dilapidated toddler who usurped the role of commander and chief under entirely false pretenses.

I’m sure each and every moral and courageous senator in the republican caucus is looking forward to getting on camera and answering questions about the loser-sucker in chief and his novel opinions about public service.

They look forward to it about as much as they like talking about trump morgue trucks and the imploding republican economy, dismantling Social Security completely by 2023 and doing in the post office even sooner. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 02:06:07 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49444 on: September 05, 2020, 02:42:08 AM »

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49445 on: September 05, 2020, 03:17:39 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #49446 on: September 05, 2020, 03:57:31 AM »

As for Bill Gates, I haven't really been following but he's the largest back of charter schools in the US, teaming up with the Walton family, and likely working with DeVos (I haven't checked). 

Charter schools could be useful if limited and handled well, but usually they are just used as a means of making a profit, harming public schools, undermining teacher unions and skimming off the best and most motivated students (and thus harming public schools).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #49447 on: September 05, 2020, 06:30:08 AM »

two loony  fringes battling it out.

TheHill.com
GOP candidate Marjorie Taylor Greene posts image of herself with gun next to members of 'Squad'

In reply rep. Omar plays the race card, transforming into a woman of color from a woman of Mo.

Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN

US House candidate, MN-5
Posting a photo with an assault rifle next to the faces of three women of color is not advertising. It’s incitement.

There are already death threats in response to this post.

Facebook should remove this violent provocation.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #49448 on: September 05, 2020, 07:55:07 AM »

Disparaging the military will hurt Trump.  And, with two months to go, waste a week or two of his time denying it before it fades.  While early voting is starting.

This is somewhat reminiscent of the Access Hollywood molestation quotes from last election.  Which was a major crisis for Trump but somehow he survived.

Biden needs to talk up his son serving in Iraq and Trump getting phony doctor notes to avoid Vietnam.

Hopefully as president Bidn will defund the Penatgon and cut out a lot of bloat and waste and fraud.  Though I won't hold my breath ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #49449 on: September 05, 2020, 09:29:00 AM »

Neither Edison nor Latimer invented a light bulb.   Most likely Warren de la Rue,  around 1840, made the first light that was a glowing filament inside an evacuated bulb.   

Both Edison and Latimer later advanced the concept towards something commercially viable.   It was Latimer whose modifications to a carbon filament made a light that was practical to mass produce and was affordable. 

Joseph Swan is who I would see as doing the lion's share of the groundwork,  from 1850 - 1878, on developing the filament based bulb.
Revisionist Fact-based history based on misinterpreting a google search years of studying the history of technology.   

FIFY

I can't help noticing you don't actually provide evidence to contest my facts.   

Trolls gotta troll.

barton

« Reply #49450 on: September 05, 2020, 09:38:32 AM »

TheHill.com
GOP candidate Marjorie Taylor Greene posts image of herself with gun next to members of 'Squad'

In reply rep. Omar plays the race card, transforming into a woman of color from a woman of Mo.

Omar is Somali-American.  Somalia is in Africa.   So,  no,  "transforming" not really the case here.   

The lunatic fringe is all Greene's. 

Omar's response was accurate.   And in no way equivalent to Greene's inflammatory tweet.   
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 09:42:18 AM by barton »

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49451 on: September 05, 2020, 10:02:35 AM »

TheHill.com

Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN

US House candidate, MN-5
Posting a photo with an assault rifle next to the faces of three women of color is not advertising. It’s incitement.

There are already death threats in response to this post.

Facebook should remove this violent provocation.

Do you disagree with Rep. Omar?

Is this any different than the complaint that was made following Palin's image of a target on Gabby Giffords and others, which appeared before the Giffords shooting?

Or the NRA's more recent "target" image with Pelosi and, amazingly enough, Giffords, next to the headline?

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49452 on: September 05, 2020, 10:20:23 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/politics/trump-administration-memo-race-training-ban/index.html

President Donald Trump on Friday night banned federal agencies from conducting workplace training sessions on race that constitute "divisive, anti-American propaganda..."

That is to say, presumably, any that addresses the topic honestly.

But with a guideline as vague as that, how does one enforce it?!

By claiming that "critical race theory" and "white privilege" are forbidden topics as is anything that suggests that the US has systemic racism.

Mind you, the specific guidelines for acting to block these programs is still forthcoming, but it sure sounds like it's intended to be inflammatory - it is not as if these programs are new. But Trump seems to think this is the way to win the election.

It's disgusting, but unsurprising, from the Racist-in-Chief.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #49453 on: September 05, 2020, 10:42:50 AM »

Neither Edison nor Latimer invented a light bulb.   Most likely Warren de la Rue,  around 1840, made the first light that was a glowing filament inside an evacuated bulb.   

Both Edison and Latimer later advanced the concept towards something commercially viable.   It was Latimer whose modifications to a carbon filament made a light that was practical to mass produce and was affordable. 

Joseph Swan is who I would see as doing the lion's share of the groundwork,  from 1850 - 1878, on developing the filament based bulb.
Revisionist Fact-based history based on misinterpreting a google search years of studying the history of technology.   

FIFY

Trolls gotta troll.
That would be you. The history of the light bulb is easily researched. You and Biden distort it   I guess, for political gotchas.
Laughable,  but wholly predictable.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49454 on: September 05, 2020, 11:06:48 AM »

FIFY

Trolls gotta troll.
That would be you. The history of the light bulb is easily researched. You and Biden distort it   I guess, for political gotchas.
Laughable,  but wholly predictable.

And yet, as always, you provide nothing to support your position, Ward.

I'm not even disagreeing with you - I am pointing out that if it were that easy, you would provide EVIDENCE. You don't. Support your argument or shut up. (My evidence is in the post to which I am responding in which you talk but have no references.)
Pages: 1 ... 3295 3296 [3297] 3298 3299 ... 4288