Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3512 3513 [3514] 3515 3516 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996574 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52695 on: October 07, 2020, 11:00:23 PM »

"This was Mike Pence's night"

- Frank Luntz, with panel of 15 undecideds

"Harris was abrasive and condescending

"Pence went overlong but Harris ticked of the panel more with her facial smirking."

Thanks, FOX - for coverage that means something.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #52696 on: October 07, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »

Furthermore it would leave SCOTUS at 4-4 at a time the election could be decided at the Court.

I doubt very much Ms Barrett has any bearing on this election
She's Judge Barrett
Actually she is Justice Barrett to give her her proper due.
Not yet she isn't.
Did you delete your response, Red?  Good work
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #52697 on: October 07, 2020, 11:05:18 PM »

Wish we had this brilliant live posting from kiidcarter8 during the Biden-Trump debate.

Guess misogyny is his comfort zone.

After "pissface" and variations on the theme,  misspelling her name,  I just put him on ignore.   Believe me,  racist microdicked trolls add NOTHING to a message board.   You can vote them out of existence with a robust round of nonreplies.   

Kamala did a good job and got the truth out.   Mike lied and cherry-picked and spun. 

One smirked,  the other looked like a constipated robot.  Nobody's perfect.   I'm not voting on mannerisms.   Have a nice evening,  y'all.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52698 on: October 07, 2020, 11:09:26 PM »

CNN quick debate poll

Flies who are likely to vote strongly prefer Pence

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52699 on: October 07, 2020, 11:13:47 PM »

The one Pence line that I wished Harris jumped on was his

stop playing politics with people's lives"

I thought the fucking Pence hypocrisy was astounding,

The fucking Repubs have killed Americans and the economy by playing politics with people's lives.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52700 on: October 07, 2020, 11:16:52 PM »

The republicans are offering a lot to voters this year,

Smarmy lies and the stench of death.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52701 on: October 07, 2020, 11:22:04 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52702 on: October 07, 2020, 11:22:17 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #52703 on: October 07, 2020, 11:26:35 PM »

Furthermore it would leave SCOTUS at 4-4 at a time the election could be decided at the Court.

She's Judge Barrett
Not yet she isn't.
Yes I did.  Since the terms Judge and Justice can be, at times, confusing.

There are more similarities than differences between the words justice and judge, but the differences are important. For example, justices may insist they are not judges, and judges sometimes correct people who call them justices. These distinctions can be difficult to keep straight. Trial and intermediate appellate court judges in most states and in the federal judicial system are called judges, while those on the highest courts are justices. But that is not the case in New York, where some trial judges are known as justices, or in Texas, where intermediate appellate judges are called justices, and some of the highest court judges are judges.

I have always referred to Federal Appeals Court  members as Justices since they go through the nomination and confirmation process by the President and Senate.
But. It is not worth arguing about.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52704 on: October 07, 2020, 11:28:41 PM »

Caption: Did a fly get stuck in Mike Pence's hair at the debate?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 12:07:27 AM by josh »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52705 on: October 07, 2020, 11:39:23 PM »

”They’re coming for you!”

That’s sticky.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:41:52 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #52706 on: October 07, 2020, 11:42:40 PM »

She's Judge Barrett
Not yet she isn't.
Yes I did.  Since the terms Judge and Justice can be, at times, confusing.

There are more similarities than differences between the words justice and judge, but the differences are important. For example, justices may insist they are not judges, and judges sometimes correct people who call them justices. These distinctions can be difficult to keep straight. Trial and intermediate appellate court judges in most states and in the federal judicial system are called judges, while those on the highest courts are justices. But that is not the case in New York, where some trial judges are known as justices, or in Texas, where intermediate appellate judges are called justices, and some of the highest court judges are judges.

I have always referred to Federal Appeals Court  members as Justices since they go through the nomination and confirmation process by the President and Senate.
But. It is not worth arguing about.
Fair enough. She's Judge Barrett.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52707 on: October 07, 2020, 11:44:44 PM »

Obviously NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has been pouring over the sad TV ratings for its  Championship series:
We’re completely committed to standing for social justice and racial equality and that’s been the case going back decades. It’s part of the DNA of this league. How it gets manifested is something we’re gonna have to sit down with the players and discuss for next season. I would say, in terms of the messages you see on the court and our jerseys, this was an extraordinary moment in time when we began these discussions with the players and what we all lived through this summer. My sense is there’ll be somewhat a return to normalcy, that those messages will largely be left to be delivered off the floor.

And I understand those people who are saying ‘I’m on your side, but I want to watch a basketball game.’

Which puts him ahead of you and Kid, since neither of you are on the same side as Silver.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52708 on: October 07, 2020, 11:46:17 PM »

Americans are split on Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, with 46% saying they do not want the Senate to send her to the high court and 42% saying the Senate should confirm her in a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS....A majority of Republicans in the poll want Barrett confirmed (83%), while independents are split (42% do, 42% do not), and only 8% of Democrats support the Senate voting to confirm the federal judge.

By taking her nominaton down Trump has a better chance at re-election

But he wont - because Trump is all about doing the right thing

By losing - and getting Ms Barrett confirmed, Trump will have done right by party and nation.

I'm pretty sure his chance of re-election is the same either way, Kid.

And no, he will not have done right, but you don't give a damn about doing right by nation, only party.

As you have proven repeatedly.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52709 on: October 07, 2020, 11:47:13 PM »

But kiidcarter8 and Trump think we should all be talking about Hillary Clinton and Hunter Biden.

Nah - no Clinton
But if Trump loses he should and likely will try over 3 months to see her fry.

Good old "Right to Life" Kid.
Pages: 1 ... 3512 3513 [3514] 3515 3516 ... 4288