Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3655 3656 [3657] 3658 3659 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1877203 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54840 on: October 27, 2020, 11:22:22 PM »

from Blue Revolution:

"The originalist requested the other originalist swear her in. If they held to originalist interpretations, she would not be allowed to be a justice, he would only be worth 3/5 of a person, and his marriage would be completely invalid.

Just remember this picture: The worst president in history watching this witless moron who replaced Thurgood Marshall,  swearing in the ultra conservative neophyte who replaced Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Two sexual predators and a handmaiden. All three are illegitimate."
Clarence Thomas is vilified for being black.
Amy Coney Barrett is vilified for being a Catholic Woman.
Therefore both are ‘ illegitimate”?
But Josh is somehow a “ diverse”  human being?
LOL!

Clarence Thomas isn’t vilified for being black...

“My dad told me way back that you can't use race. For example, there's no difference between a white snake and black snake, they'll both bite.” —- Thurgood Marshall

Clarence Thomas is a snake.

Amy Coney Barrett is a right wing zealot who has been groomed for this since she was 1L.
I knew I was right 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #54841 on: October 27, 2020, 11:22:49 PM »

Grant Napear fights back!

"Grant Napear announces comeback after "All Lives Matter"  tweet caused firestorm."
-The Sacramento Bee

He's speaking out.
Doing podcasts.

He's sick of 'cancel culture' and political protests in sport.
He's not the only one.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #54842 on: October 27, 2020, 11:36:10 PM »

There's a simple solution to the NBA problem.

White males, the most hated group in the world today, should start their own basketball league...WMBA.
Grant Napear could be the commentator.
They would get some sponsors.
"VROOM VROOM Trucks are proud to support the WMBA."

And, seeing as how it is said that white males are a major problem in universities today, they should start their own universities.
"WMU offer courses especially suited to the education and advancement of White Males.
Highly qualified 'old style' professors/tutors."
Law
Medicine
Dentistry
Economics
Rocket science
Veterinary science.
Environment
Trades
Business admin.
Etc.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:52:10 PM by bambu. »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #54843 on: October 28, 2020, 12:04:05 AM »

from Blue Revolution:

"The originalist requested the other originalist swear her in. If they held to originalist interpretations, she would not be allowed to be a justice, he would only be worth 3/5 of a person, and his marriage would be completely invalid.

Just remember this picture: The worst president in history watching this witless moron who replaced Thurgood Marshall,  swearing in the ultra conservative neophyte who replaced Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Two sexual predators and a handmaiden. All three are illegitimate."
LOL!

“My dad told me way back that you can't use race. For example, there's no difference between a white snake and black snake, they'll both bite.” —- Thurgood Marshall

Amy Coney Barrett is a right wing zealot who has been groomed for this since she was 1L.
I knew I was right

Earlier you missed a joke and attacked me or did you forget thot?

Clarence Th9mas is an ass.

ACB is a hack on the FS fast track

Fuck you.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54844 on: October 28, 2020, 12:07:30 AM »

Most people think the Trump GOP has failed America with it's ineptitude handling the pandemic.

You mean most people you hang out on message boards with.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54845 on: October 28, 2020, 12:11:59 AM »

Our 7 day daily average of new cases has more than doubled in 44 days.

Nobody denies that as more people LIVE more will get the virus.
You want to make it all about number of cases.   That's quite simplistic.

I tell you about the INCREASE in cases and how fast it has come.

Earlier, I told you the daily average rate of DEATHS was at its highest point in a bunch of days.

I provided you the research you pretended that you wanted about the effectiveness of masks.

And you claim I want to make it "all about the number of cases."

THE WHITE HOUSE IS CLAIMING THEY HAVE BEATEN COVID-19, jackass!

I'm telling you that it is about the failure to act effectively to slow the spread of the virus. I've told you about Trump's and Pence's undermining of mask wearing.

And you claim I want to make it "all about the number of cases."

Are we better at treating it? Sure. That's one of the reasons that we now know more people are hurt by it than we used to think - it is not about cases, but about the individuals who need greater treatment. It is about the hospitals being overwhelmed.

You want to claim we're turning the corner when we are not yet even sure where the corner is, let alone what is on the other side of it.

You want to caution about history? I will tell you again, not to forget The Cutter Incident.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54846 on: October 28, 2020, 12:14:06 AM »

You want the virus to stop.  I get it. 

Most people want to live, to go to school, to work.

Most people want to live, to go to school, to work SAFELY and they don't feel they can do that now.

And nothing your president is doing is helping to slow the spread.

Yes, we want the virus to stop, Kid, but WE WANT OUR FUCKING FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO HELP STOP IT!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54847 on: October 28, 2020, 12:19:42 AM »

Most people think the Trump GOP has failed America with it's ineptitude handling the pandemic.

He’s talking about the 80-90 million people voting to replace trump with Biden, bad ideas with better ones.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54848 on: October 28, 2020, 12:20:50 AM »

If people hate me just because I'm White...they are racist, plain and simple.
Racist they surely are.

Dear love, I only hate you so far as you are a witless asshole. Not a sou farther.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54849 on: October 28, 2020, 12:24:47 AM »

You want the virus to stop.  I get it. 

Most people want to live, to go to school, to work.

Most people want to live, to go to school, to work SAFELY and they don't feel they can do that now.

And nothing your president is doing is helping to slow the spread.

Yes, we want the virus to stop, Kid, but WE WANT OUR FUCKING FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO HELP STOP IT!

They polled this. Every single sector of society gets good marks for their response except the federal government which is down 20%. Mitch threw his caucus in with the steroid dotard When he packed his shell and scuttled home with no relief passed. Failure GOp White House and Senate. Failure and shame deserving of eons of punishment.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54850 on: October 28, 2020, 12:29:57 AM »

Kid, what would it take for you to admit that (a) most people think Trump is doing a bad job with COVID-19 and (b) that Trump IS doing a bad job?

I can tackle (a) a bit...
Argus Leader.
Poll: South Dakotans approve of President Trump's handling of COVID-19 pandemic

Michigan voters back Whitmer’s COVID response, disapprove of Trump’s, poll shows
Trump's handling of coronavirus pandemic hits record low approval: Reuters/Ipsos poll (37% approve, 59% disapprove, nationally.)

Poll: The majority of Trump voters don't see Covid-19 as an important election issue ... his administration for having done a “phenomenal job” handling the crisis. Only 24 percent of Trump supporters view the coronavirus as a “very important” issue in this year’s election, compared to 82 percent of Biden supporters. 55% overall saw it as important. (A second) survey found that 68 percent of Republicans think the US has controlled the Covid-19 outbreak “as much as it could have” versus 11 percent of Democrats; it also found that 66 percent of Republicans think the Covid-19 outbreak has been made out to be a “bigger deal than it really is,” while just 15 percent of Democrats said the same.

So, you're one of those 68% who believe that hogwash. Why have so many other countries managed to control it better than we have?

"A report by conservative election strategists suggests swing voters have turned against Trump because of his coronavirus response" "Their polling suggests that more than half of former Trump voters who no longer plan to back the president said that Trump's handling of the pandemic had prompted them to reconsider their support for him."

"Trump's Most Ardent Supporters Are Less Likely to Say Masks Are Effective"

"Most Adults Think U.S. Is Responding Less Effectively to the Pandemic Than Other Countries"

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54851 on: October 28, 2020, 12:42:29 AM »

Cliff Young, president of Ipsos U.S. Public Affairs.

"People are just looking around at the facts on the ground and at the end of the day there's been no coordinated response to the coronavirus at the national level."

At the local level, by contrast, people see "specific, concrete things" like stickers on the ground for social distancing at stores where they shop, or modifications to schooling.

"When they think of the federal government, they're just thinking of the overall mess. There's no end in sight. The number of cases are only increasing."

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #54852 on: October 28, 2020, 12:56:40 AM »

from Blue Revolution:

LOL!

I knew I was right

Earlier you missed a joke and attacked me or did you forget thot?

Clarence Th9mas is an ass.

ACB is a hack on the FS fast track

Fuck you.
LOL!

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54854 on: October 28, 2020, 01:02:27 AM »

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3655 3656 [3657] 3658 3659 ... 4288