Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3772 3773 [3774] 3775 3776 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1875020 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #56595 on: November 10, 2020, 04:34:33 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/11/10/qanon-identity-crisis/

Funny,  in a pathetic way... true believers are having crises of faith.

Hopefully the vast majority wind up very angry and the Nazis who duped them into rabbit holing in the first place.

Hope is nice.  But many, if not most, still don't think Trump lost.

Some QAnon believers are already latching on to a bogus conspiracy theory known as Operation Hammer and Scorecard, which falsely claims that a supercomputer and a software program were used to change tabulated vote totals. (Christopher C. Krebs, the director of the Department of Homeland Security’s cybersecurity agency, called the theory “nonsense” and urged people not to fall for it.)

Others have begun spinning a convoluted fantasy that Mr. Trump secretly placed invisible watermarks on ballots in order to entrap Democrats in a voter fraud scheme.

There's always a conspiracy that can explain anything away.

None of the experts predicted that QAnon would disappear, or said those seduced by the theory would magically snap out of it. In some ways, they said, the movement has outgrown its founding myths.

QAnon is about cultivating this way of knowing, by tying together all these stories and posts and creating a compelling narrative that offers an alternative to the mainstream press,” Mr. Partin said. “That will persist, whether or not Q is posting.”

It's really just fan-fiction!

On a podcast on Friday, two prominent QAnon influencers, known by their online handles InTheMatrixxx and Shady Groove, urged their fellow believers not to give up hope. The election will be proven fraudulent, they agreed, and Q’s prediction of a Trump victory will look even more prescient in hindsight.

“We’re winning, folks,” InTheMatrixxx said.

Shady Groove agreed.

“This is not what you thought winning would look like,” he said. “But trust me.”

Grifters gotta grift.  It's gotten me to think I should start peddling some QAhole stuff and see how much money I can make off these gullibles.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56596 on: November 10, 2020, 05:00:25 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/11/10/qanon-identity-crisis/

Funny,  in a pathetic way... true believers are having crises of faith.

Hopefully the vast majority wind up very angry and the Nazis who duped them into rabbit holing in the first place.

Hope is nice.  But many, if not most, still don't think Trump lost.

Some QAnon believers are already latching on to a bogus conspiracy theory known as Operation Hammer and Scorecard, which falsely claims that a supercomputer and a software program were used to change tabulated vote totals. (Christopher C. Krebs, the director of the Department of Homeland Security’s cybersecurity agency, called the theory “nonsense” and urged people not to fall for it.)

Others have begun spinning a convoluted fantasy that Mr. Trump secretly placed invisible watermarks on ballots in order to entrap Democrats in a voter fraud scheme.

There's always a conspiracy that can explain anything away.

None of the experts predicted that QAnon would disappear, or said those seduced by the theory would magically snap out of it. In some ways, they said, the movement has outgrown its founding myths.

QAnon is about cultivating this way of knowing, by tying together all these stories and posts and creating a compelling narrative that offers an alternative to the mainstream press,” Mr. Partin said. “That will persist, whether or not Q is posting.”

It's really just fan-fiction!

On a podcast on Friday, two prominent QAnon influencers, known by their online handles InTheMatrixxx and Shady Groove, urged their fellow believers not to give up hope. The election will be proven fraudulent, they agreed, and Q’s prediction of a Trump victory will look even more prescient in hindsight.

“We’re winning, folks,” InTheMatrixxx said.

Shady Groove agreed.

“This is not what you thought winning would look like,” he said. “But trust me.”

Grifters gotta grift.  It's gotten me to think I should start peddling some QAhole stuff and see how much money I can make off these gullibles.

There’s more to this than just the usual grift. The GOP hierarchy is singing the same song in a different key.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/11/10/trump-federal-budget-post-election/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56597 on: November 10, 2020, 05:10:36 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56598 on: November 10, 2020, 05:15:17 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #56599 on: November 10, 2020, 05:20:40 PM »

Only 4 GOP Senators have acknowledged that Joe Biden has won the election.

Susa Collins - Maine
Mitt Romney - Utah
Lisa Murkowski - Alaska
Ben Sasse - Nebraska

The rest are a bunch of spineless cowards.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56600 on: November 10, 2020, 05:24:25 PM »

The rest don’t see any future for themselves in The United States of America.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #56601 on: November 10, 2020, 05:34:19 PM »

Susa Collins - Maine
Mitt Romney - Utah
Lisa Murkowski - Alaska
Ben Sasse - Nebraska

Part of me says, "if there is a legitimate reason to contest a close outcome, then fine. Recount the votes.

But the R-senators (excl the 4 above) in the absence of any proof of election fraud, are far more than cowards, they are accomplices in undermining our election and our democracy. They are doing lasting harm and they know it.

And I suspect they know the only fraud involved in this election was that perpetrated by Trump and the Repub party in their attempts at voter suppression, voter intimidation and voter confusion.

People should go to jail for this attempted theft of American democracy.

I might even hang a couple of SOBS to teach these fascist motherfuckers in waiting a fucking lesson, stop this shit NOW.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56602 on: November 10, 2020, 05:49:16 PM »

Recounts are part of the normal process; none of the states right now are within range of what you would expect to be possibly effected, but have at it.

It is the baseless faces and evidence-free attack on the votes that is alarming. Especially since if my Facebook is any guide quite a few people believe the bull shit. Yes, Trump has a right to file law suits and Jones Day needs money to stuff into the vacant space where their sole should be, but filing these suits where there is no evidence in support is harmful to the voting process itself.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

The word of the lord.

Thanks be to God.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #56603 on: November 10, 2020, 06:13:00 PM »

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/trump-election-fraud-biden-pennsylvania-lawsuit-voting-transition.html

Jones Day is taking what, a 30% vig to let trumpworld retire campaign debt?

Of course Mitch will drag this on. He uses the same vendors trump would otherwise be stiffing.

It interesting he’s willing to sacrifice Laufler and Perdue to shear the herd one last time this cycle.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #56604 on: November 10, 2020, 06:20:06 PM »

Ah yes, the "worst educated/no college degree" folk.
Hope nobody here is going to be trying to tell me that such folk are 'dumb, 'stoopid', 'ignorant, or any like thing.

The post seems very elitist.

It is what is is.   You are the one choosing to describe it with your terms.

"Best educated" is subjective.
Bachelor of Arts degree is not much good for growing, corn, soy beans, horses, goats in Kentucky.

I don't know about Australia but in the US when you apply for a job they ask you what your highest level of education is.

So "Best Educated" really means "how many years did you devote to formal education in high school, college, and post-graduate study".

The better educated term just refers to more years in formal study.

I hope that helps.

---

And there are agricultural schools in the US as well.  You can get a Bachelors in agricultural science.

Degrees cost money, lots of money.
You can raise chickens, horses, goats etc like your dad does.

Trades are included in 'better educated'?
Plumbers, carpenters, mechanics...apprentices.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56605 on: November 10, 2020, 06:23:31 PM »

Susa Collins - Maine
Mitt Romney - Utah
Lisa Murkowski - Alaska
Ben Sasse - Nebraska

Those are also a bunch of spineless cowards, in many ways, but it is likely enough to prevent some really stupid shenanigans with electors.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #56606 on: November 10, 2020, 06:27:49 PM »

Remembrance Day today 11.11.
We have 1 minute silence at 11am.
15-20 million people died in WW1.

China will be attacking Taiwan soon, if the war talk coming out of China is anything to go by.

Best wishes messages to Joe Biden flooded in.
From China and Russia...nothing, silence.

Veteran's Day in America?

Homeless veterans...baaah!
Biden should fix it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56607 on: November 10, 2020, 06:36:34 PM »

Hope nobody here is going to be trying to tell me that such folk are 'dumb, 'stoopid', 'ignorant, or any like thing.

Bachelor of Arts degree is not much good for growing, corn, soy beans, horses, goats in Kentucky.

I don't know about Australia but in the US when you apply for a job they ask you what your highest level of education is.

So "Best Educated" really means "how many years did you devote to formal education in high school, college, and post-graduate study".

I hope that helps.

---

And there are agricultural schools in the US as well.  You can get a Bachelors in agricultural science.

Your ignorance continues to speak volumes about you. This is yet another area in which it sticks out.

My BS cost me under $10,000. I got it a decade ago. It might cost a few thousand more now, but it could have cost a few thousand less then.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #56608 on: November 10, 2020, 06:37:28 PM »

Veteran's Day in America?

Homeless veterans...baaah!
Biden should fix it.

He’ll work on it, along with low cost access to two and four year professional degrees and debt forgiveness to an extent for those who were overcharged this last generation.

These are a few of the excellent ideas he ran on. It stands in contrast to the republican no platform “no” platform. Stupid people do like slogans short enough for them to remember. More than 2 characters kinda gets lost on their base.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 06:39:21 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #56609 on: November 10, 2020, 06:44:37 PM »

I hope that helps.

---

Biden began promoting a free college plan earlier this year that would allow a majority of students to attend public institutions tuition-free.
Pages: 1 ... 3772 3773 [3774] 3775 3776 ... 4288