Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3891 3892 [3893] 3894 3895 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596329 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58380 on: November 27, 2020, 11:33:36 PM »

Banksie

Anyone besides Utley had come st me I would have said, “Sure! Here’s a link!”

Why should I respond Utley in any way but the way I want to?

I don’t choose to engage that motherfucker and it ain’t your place to demand I interact with an idiot whose arguments always go to ‘Bigot’ and anti-Semite’

Now you jump in and ‘Do what Utley says while I insult you for my amusement.’

So I posted the paper, warts and all (I gratefully accepted my B went to the Bursars dipped my credit card and picked up my diploma six years after I wore the academic regalia) and was that satisfactory? Nope. You think you’re being powerful and righteous.

You are an ass.

I don’t put anyone on ignore but fuck off, Bucko.

You don’t get to determine my behavior or demand to see my birth certificate.

By the way, look around.

I
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58381 on: November 27, 2020, 11:33:52 PM »

The majority of deaths are not the fault of anybody outside the individual involved or just plain life.

Peculiarly enough, they don't make news.

Of the deaths that make news, the vast majority were caused by somebody outside the individual involved and not just plain life.

These days, Trump is the primary culprit. Scott Atlas gets some credit, but as he was discovered and promoted by Trump, any Atlas deaths are still Trump deaths.

Every metric we have shows us that leadership that encourages masks and social distancing produces safer environments than "leadership" that eschews science and fails to encourage/require masks and distancing.

We see it in country after country and state after state.

And we hear resistance from doofus after doofus.

More than 4% of the US has now had or now has COVID-19.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58382 on: November 27, 2020, 11:41:14 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/25/lawmakers-fight-shell-companies-440618

Trump will see this as a direct assault on his criminal enterprises.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58383 on: November 27, 2020, 11:46:19 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58384 on: November 27, 2020, 11:51:35 PM »

Banksie

I don’t choose to engage that motherfucker and it ain’t your place to demand I interact with an idiot whose arguments always go to ‘Bigot’ and anti-Semite’

So I posted the paper, warts and all (I gratefully accepted my B went to the Bursars dipped my credit card and picked up my diploma six years after I wore the academic regalia) and was that satisfactory? Nope. You think you’re being powerful and righteous.

You are an ass.

By the way, look around.

I

Knicks I can understand your reaction to Utley.

But in this instance he wasn't wrong.

He made legit comments and observations on your abstract and conclusion.

You could have told him to fuck off and die and I would have understood, but rather your defense to him, for what you wrote in 2014 and theoretically supported by your data collected then, was "look around".

At that point I thought it was a BS response.

And then, after a day or so of you and Utley going a few rounds, I made the comp with Jenna.

I thought you would have been done a better job defending your work, but you choose not to.

After reading your entire study I have a better understanding why you were hesitant to share it.

At best it exposed your abstract and conclusion as misleading.

And i also understnad why you now say you were grateful for the "B" you received.

So if iggy it is, that's fine with me, that won't stop my commenting on posts, if they're worth commenting on.

I understand the truth can hurt, so hide in ignorance if you choose.

"birth cerificate"

really knicks?

You're playing the race card again.

Race has nothing to do with this.

You really are fucked up.

It was your flawed study and your defensiveness about taking some honest criticisms.

Sweet dreams Jenna

LMAO

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58385 on: November 28, 2020, 12:12:06 AM »

Banksie

You are an ass.

By the way, look around.

I

You could have told him to fuck off and die and I would have understood, but rather your defense to him, for what you wrote in 2014 and theoretically supported by your data collected then, was "look around".

And then, after a day or so of you and Utley going a few rounds, I made the comp with Jenna.

I thought you would have been done a better job defending your work, but you choose not to.

After reading your entire study I have a better understanding why you were hesitant to share it.

And i also understnad why you now say you were grateful for the "B" you received.

So if iggy it is, that's fine with me, that won't stop my commenting on posts, if they're worth commenting on.

"birth cerificate"

really knicks?

It was your flawed study and your defensiveness about taking some honest criticisms.

Sweet dreams Jenna

LMAO

Using the term race card shows your hand. Like Robby Benson once said:

“All the way up with a red hot poker”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #58386 on: November 28, 2020, 12:15:36 AM »

These days, Trump is the primary culprit. Scott Atlas gets some credit, but as he was discovered and promoted by Trump, any Atlas deaths are still Trump deaths.
Every metric we have shows us that leadership that encourages masks and social distancing produces safer environments than "leadership" that eschews science and fails to encourage/require masks and distancing.
We see it in country after country and state after state.

Trump politicized masks and most of the response to the virus.  With adverse results.

If Trump had just been honest and said that we're going to keep the economy open as much as possible so  people can earn their livelihood and live their lives.  But put in place some national policy to mitigate transmissions and promote minor restrictions such as face masks.  And a strict policy to protect nursing homes and the elderly.  Then maybe 100K fewer Americans would have died. 
While many fewer would have gotten and spread the virus.  And the costs of shutdowns and hospitalizations and unemployment would have been much less.

Simply, if you are going to go for herd immunity, or allow community transmission, then do it in a responsible and coordinated  manner in order to lessen the health and economic impact and save lives.  The Federal gov't is powerful and has lots of
expertise and resources.  But Trump just dumped the response on the states, while making things worse by politicizing the virus and having no coordinated national strategy.  And even some states that tried to control the virus were badgered and undermined by Trump (primarily MI, but others as well).

Better national strategy and coordination would have reduced harm and saved lives.  I don't see how that isn't self-evident.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58387 on: November 28, 2020, 12:30:01 AM »

Banksie

You are an ass.

By the way, look around.

I

"birth cerificate"

really knicks?

Sweet dreams Jenna

LMAO

Using the term race card shows your hand. Like Robby Benson once said:

“All the way up with a red hot poker”

LMAO

Knicksy out of the blue you bring up "demanding to see your birth certificate"

and for one who is so acutely aware of race and its impact of everything it was no accident.

After being exposed for phony you are you decided to play the race card.

And you've done it before.

You're a fucking jerk-off who can't take deserve heat

I mock kid, and red on this forum

I mock idiots and bullshitters.

black or white.

and you deserved to be mocked.

And the only part of my hand you can see is the back of it and an upraised middle finger

Sweet dreams Jenna
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:37:27 AM by bankshot1 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #58388 on: November 28, 2020, 12:35:31 AM »

"And this election has to be turned around because we won Pennsylvania by a lot and we won all these swing states by a lot."

The good thing is that nobody believes anything Trump says anymore.
It's just presumed he's lying and propagandizing.

The Right likes to belittle and mock the impeachment, but that really appears to be the turning point where the media stopped slavishly covering every Trump tweet breathlessly, and applied a more critical, skeptical approach.  It still took until the late Sumemr before the media would start just baldly sayign that trump was lyign when Trump was lying.  But the impeachment tarnished Trump and Rudy who instigated the Ukrainian contretemps. 

The Dems could have capitalized on it more, by frequently referring to Trump as the Impeached President.  And as Trump alleges voter conspiracies now, Dems could remind folks that Trump tried to get a foreign country to undermine his rival Joe Biden in exchange for US govt assistance.  And welcomed Russian interference in '16 (and China's as well).  And did little to block Russian and other foreign actors from interfering again.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58389 on: November 28, 2020, 12:41:13 AM »

Yeah.

I said birth certificate because you don’t get to demand I respond to a guy I flipped the fuck off. He came back at me and I flipped him off again.

Jenna?

Fuck you.

That’s a good as it’s gonna get from me Banks because you’re a liar and even when you know you’re wrong you’ll never admit it.

You’ve done it before.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #58390 on: November 28, 2020, 12:44:36 AM »

These petty squabbles are unappealing and unending.

To change the subject:

Is Trump the greatest mass murderer in US history? 
Discuss.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58391 on: November 28, 2020, 12:54:52 AM »

Or for something less appealing, the background on #diaperdon

Realer than Bigfoot, less mysterious than UFOs

http://youtu.be/N60ceYRlY2I

Some godking

Sad really. Very sad.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58392 on: November 28, 2020, 01:17:30 AM »

Banks, if you started with a simple request to see the data and Larry told you to fuck off and do your own research you’d be on note with the Jenna comeback. Larry was already being hard ass about it to Utz, which might have seemed like an opening. I don’t think it was because Utz was doing his over sugared nine year old thing from the jump, embodying swine and earning no pearls. From your side of the conversation Jenna wasn’t a comeback, it was an opening and as such got us where we are.

Once Larry got asked if he’d show us his project in a not terribly insulting way, he did it pretty directly.

Not suffering fools is one thing. I give you props for not suffering my excesses of foolishness among all the others. On the other hand, going fool hunting, as you sometimes do, opens you up to the risk of catching yourself, as you have in this instance.

We can’t all “Be best”, but we can try to be better at least every once in a while.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58393 on: November 28, 2020, 01:19:45 AM »

These petty squabbles are unappealing and unending.

To change the subject:

Is Trump the greatest mass murderer in US history? 
Discuss.

He was shitting himself the whole time.

http://youtu.be/N60ceYRlY2I

His bowels are in worse shape than his finances.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58394 on: November 28, 2020, 01:22:12 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 3891 3892 [3893] 3894 3895 ... 4288