Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4023 4024 [4025] 4026 4027 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996150 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #60360 on: December 16, 2020, 07:48:44 PM »

You )and others) haven't explained how COVID-19 treatment has been different for minorities - even given me a chance to change my thinking.  You have only stated how a number of societal differences make blacks less healthy.

Stale mate.

Peace.

It was suggested that you do your own fucking research, Kid.

Especially since you reject the research we provide you, if not the same way Ward rejects it.

Do you think that because COVID-19 isn't the same as the other diseases that the systemic racism in the medical system somehow ceases to be a factor?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #60361 on: December 16, 2020, 09:05:08 PM »

So you want me to prove your statement?  You are the accuser.

I would have run across the info by now - its just not out there.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #60362 on: December 16, 2020, 09:31:39 PM »

You )and others) haven't explained how COVID-19 treatment has been different for minorities - even given me a chance to change my thinking.  You have only stated how a number of societal differences make blacks less healthy.

Stale mate.

Peace.

Especially since you reject the research we provide you, if not the same way  Ward rejects it.

Do you think that because COVID-19 isn't the same as the other diseases that the systemic racism in the medical system somehow ceases to be a factor?!
And so, just to sort of spell it out, what you’re saying is that the stress of being a person of color in the U.S. is actually what makes you more vulnerable to a whole host of diseases. And now makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60363 on: December 16, 2020, 09:39:23 PM »

So you want me to prove your statement?  You are the accuser.

I would have run across the info by now - its just not out there.

You ask folks to prove things all the time, Kid.

Too lazy to look? Then say so.

"I would have run across the info by now."

You are too fucking funny.

And I notice no answer to my very direct question.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60364 on: December 16, 2020, 09:41:06 PM »

Stale mate.

Peace.

Especially since you reject the research we provide you, if not the same way  Ward rejects it.

And so, just to sort of spell it out, what you’re saying is that the stress of being a person of color in the U.S. is actually what makes you more vulnerable to a whole host of diseases. And now makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19?

Oddly enough, no, that is not what I said, though that, too, is illustrated beyond doubt for rational people.

Look up "epigenetic."

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #60365 on: December 16, 2020, 09:56:28 PM »

Stale mate.

Peace.

Oddly enough, no, that is not what I said, though that, too, is illustrated beyond doubt for rational people.

Look up "epigenetic."
Then what ARE you saying?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60366 on: December 16, 2020, 10:01:11 PM »

From TheWeek.com:

Congressional negotiators are reportedly "on the brink" of a new coronavirus relief bill that includes direct stimulus payments to Americans. The last coronavirus relief bill expired at the end of July, and some of its unemployment provisions were set to run out at the end of December. A breakthrough in stagnating negotiations came last month as a group of bipartisan senators worked out a $760 billion relief package that Democratic leaders and some Republicans agreed to support.

As of Wednesday, that package has increased to $900 billion, but details are scant. It will likely exclude the liability shield for businesses facing coronavirus-related lawsuits that Democrats opposed, as well as local and state funding Republicans weren't fans of. Senators on both sides of the aisle demanded another round of stimulus checks, and the bill may include payments in the "$500-600 range," Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) said Wednesday.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60367 on: December 16, 2020, 10:15:54 PM »

Pazillion posts here in the past years detailing poor and fewer healthcare options,  more "food deserts" with less access to healthy foods,  more living in polluted areas near refineries etc,  more working in dangerous jobs,  more working in frontline jobs where exposure to a pandemic is greater,  etc.   So,  of course,  the rate of covid is higher for PoC.   

So the actual COVID treatment has been fine.

Insinuation is that it hasnt

Covid treatment is a healthcare option, so no. It hasn’t been fine.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60368 on: December 16, 2020, 10:21:42 PM »

Stale mate.

Peace.

Look up "epigenetic."
Then what ARE you saying?

Red has some trouble looking it up. Trouble with the search function on the newsmax home page or through Parler?

Kiid, you are stale.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60369 on: December 16, 2020, 10:38:12 PM »

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/health-equity/racial-ethnic-disparities/disparities-impact.html

https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/covid19-behavioral-health-disparities-black-latino-communities.pdf

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2769381

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/covid-19-racial-disparities-testing-infection-hospitalization-death-analysis-epic-patient-data/

Four different looks, each of which identifies treatment issues for Blacks and non-white Hispanics.

Take your pick or read them all.

Or, as I expect, pretend to have read them so you can blow them off, as usual - but this way they are gathered for the folks here who engage in thinking instead of excuse-making and fact-dodging.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60370 on: December 16, 2020, 10:55:10 PM »

You (and others) haven't explained how COVID-19 treatment has been different for minorities - even given me a chance to change my thinking.  You have only stated how a number of societal differences make blacks less healthy.

Stale mate.

Peace.

You know if you rub dish soap behind your ears it will make it easier to pull your head out of your ass.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60371 on: December 16, 2020, 11:08:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/politics/mo-brooks-surrender-caucus/index.html

"Surrender caucus"

One of the problems the GOP deniers have is that they have created this tautological argument that says since a third of the country is distrustful, they should make sure of things, while ignoring that the reason a third of the country feels that way is that these same people and the prez and Fox, etc. have been lying to them.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60372 on: December 16, 2020, 11:15:29 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/politics/donald-trump-ndaa-congress-armed-services-defense/index.html

Let's veto it, anyway, because we can! So what if it passed on a strong bipartisan vote in both chambers.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #60373 on: December 16, 2020, 11:32:05 PM »

New bill also appears to give HALF the increased unemployment benefit - 300 rather than the 6.

So some folks can still lazily benefit
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #60374 on: December 16, 2020, 11:41:22 PM »

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/health-equity/racial-ethnic-disparities/disparities-impact.html

https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/covid19-behavioral-health-disparities-black-latino-communities.pdf

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2769381

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/covid-19-racial-disparities-testing-infection-hospitalization-death-analysis-epic-patient-data/

Four different looks, each of which identifies treatment issues for Blacks and non-white Hispanics.

Take your pick or read them all.

Or, as I expect, pretend to have read them so you can blow them off, as usual - but this way they are gathered for the folks here who engage in thinking instead of excuse-making and fact-dodging.
All you have pointed to is that a portion of minorities, those at the lower end of the economic scale, have poorer results from COVID.  That is true worldwide.  It is due to job level, living conditions, dependence on public transportation, lack of resources to afford better health care, to name the obvious.

It is NOT due to racism.
Pages: 1 ... 4023 4024 [4025] 4026 4027 ... 4288