Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4028 4029 [4030] 4031 4032 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996633 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #60435 on: December 17, 2020, 03:25:40 PM »

"....and exactly zero Trumpistos..."

Cant we just all be Americans, Barton?

Are you ready to renounce republican insurrection?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #60436 on: December 17, 2020, 03:31:56 PM »

French President Macron has tested positive.
Ridiculous.
Not scared enough, obviously.

I'll return to Marx later today.
Marx and his cohorts introduced a decree that hereditary properties had to be purchased by the inheritors.
My ancestors said "stuff that" and boarded the boat for Souh Australia.

Now like the coal plants, their descendant is retired and worthless.

At least your family did it’s part for German greatness by helping that nation shed some dead weight in its lurch toward modernity. It slightly offsets the fact that Australia will never live you down. You’ve become part of the generation that fell behind then folded to the Chinese.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60437 on: December 17, 2020, 03:56:50 PM »

Hey, Ward and Kid -

Josh: "Who's responsible for poster integrity?"

Ward: "Not me!"
Kid: "Ida Know!"

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #60439 on: December 17, 2020, 05:01:28 PM »

Trump's record of minority appointments must have been pretty low, especially for blacks.  I need to look up the comp for Obama and W Bush and Clinton.  I'd assume Trump's white crew harked back to the Reagan Error.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60441 on: December 17, 2020, 05:13:48 PM »

Trump's record of minority appointments must have been pretty low, especially for blacks.  I need to look up the comp for Obama and W Bush and Clinton.  I'd assume Trump's white crew harked back to the Reagan Error.

Just judges:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/07/15/how-trump-compares-with-other-recent-presidents-in-appointing-federal-judges/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #60442 on: December 17, 2020, 05:14:35 PM »

And now, not one, but Two COVID-19 vaccines.
They said it couldn’t be done!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60443 on: December 17, 2020, 05:21:36 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-has-vastly-changed-the-face-of-the-federal-bureaucracy/2015/09/20/73ef803a-5631-11e5-abe9-27d53f250b11_story.html

University of California at Berkeley law school professor Anne Joseph O’Connell has compiled a database of all government appointees confirmed by the Senate to more than 80 important policy positions between January 1977 and August 2015. O’Connell said that her research reveals that Obama has placed women and minorities in 53.5 percent of those posts. His predecessor, President George W. Bush, by contrast, installed women and minorities in 25.6 percent, while President Clinton’s number was 37.5 percent.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #60444 on: December 17, 2020, 05:22:16 PM »

Pretty amazing things can happen when taxpayer money helps out private businesses, right Red?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60445 on: December 17, 2020, 05:39:36 PM »

The FDA's committee has recommended Moderna's vaccine.

The FDA will likely act on it tomorrow or over the weekend, approving.

Then we will have two, with Astra-Veneca coming around soon after, perhaps. Those plus the anti-body treatment may mean we can keep US deaths under 600,000, but I doubt it.

I would expect us to pass  WWII in deaths about Jan 22, Civil War in deaths in 4 months, and the 1918 pandemic by the end of May, unless our efficiency of getting people vaccinated improves a ton.

Note that my predictions are more pessimistic than IHME's, but that I view them as conservative (2,500 deaths per day on average) - before the end of March seems more likely for passing the Civil War and April 17th for the 1918 Spanish Flu (based on 3,000 deaths per day on average through that April date).

And even that feels too optimistic.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 05:42:26 PM by josh »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #60446 on: December 17, 2020, 05:42:15 PM »

Then we will have two, with Astra-Veneca coming around soon after, perhaps. Those plus the anti-body treatment may mean we can keep US deaths under 600,000, but I doubt it.

I would expect us to pass  WWII in deaths about Jan 22, Civil War in deaths in 4 months, and the 1918 pandemic by the end of May, unless our efficiency of getting people vaccinated improves a ton.

Because of Trump

We get it
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #60447 on: December 17, 2020, 05:58:40 PM »

Because of Trump

We get it

Yes, because of trump. Things are geometrically worse due to his failures. That’s largely why we fired his ass. Thank you for catching up.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #60448 on: December 17, 2020, 05:59:06 PM »

Don't worry, Kid. Your B plus for Trump's handling of Covid has been recorded.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60449 on: December 17, 2020, 06:03:46 PM »

Because of Trump

We get it

Because of Trump and Fox and other folks who undermined the messages of safety.

Because when the president of the United States understood how dangerous and threatening this was, he did not immediately invoke the Defense Production Act to get masks turned out more swiftly, given the shortage.

On February 5th US. Rep Vicky Hartzler, (R-MO), and U.S. Rep. John Garamendi (D-CA) presented a bill to get that sort of thing underway. They discussed our shortage of mask manufacturing, for example.

So, yes. Even granting Fauci's failures and our national shortage, Trump's admission on Feb 7 that he knew means he delayed even giving lip service to the Defense Production Act for 3 more weeks and then more than another week before he did anything with it.

Not that you care, I know.

Not that you accept facts, as usual.

You're next.
Pages: 1 ... 4028 4029 [4030] 4031 4032 ... 4288