Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4053 4054 [4055] 4056 4057 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998803 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #60810 on: December 22, 2020, 12:33:48 PM »

Her aim? Heh.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #60811 on: December 22, 2020, 12:47:08 PM »

Are you only a constitutionalist when its convenient?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60812 on: December 22, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »

Ellis said pursuing alleged election fraud should not supersede the Constitution.

"We have to still make sure that even though we see that our country has been undermined by corruption, our solution can't be to undermine the Constitution ourselves," Ellis said.

"We have to go through the process, we have to hold our leaders accountable. And at the end of the day, if we don't get a correction, in this case, we have to fight to make sure that this never happens again."

Well stated.

If only she could see the corruption for what it is.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #60813 on: December 22, 2020, 12:48:29 PM »

$600 is better than nothing for some.

$0.25 is not.

The stim check should go towards those unemployed or with businesses failing.  I.e. it should be relief,  not stim.  I don't need $600.
But  the family down the street whose kids can’t go to school and the father can’t get work gets $2400, enough to bide him over till  Biden  who , as we all hear, will make us all whole again!

Yes, that part is good.  If you read my post, you might glean this:

I just want the $600 that goes to people like me and the spouse, who actually have MORE disposable income at the moment due to covid restrictions, and wouldn't need it any case, to go to the people who are facing hunger, eviction, longterm work hiatus or loss, family business collapse, medical bills, etc.   

barton

« Reply #60814 on: December 22, 2020, 12:52:51 PM »

What I actually posted with key passage bolded:

$0.25 is not.

The stim check should go towards those unemployed or with businesses failing.  I.e. it should be relief,  not stim.  I don't need $600.  As Krug Man pointed out,  those of us who are going out less and traveling less,  and have regular income,  don't need a "stimulus" to spend more.   If they send me one I'm signing it over to Food Bank.

KID'S INSULTING AND RIDICULOUS POST IS LIKELY A RESULT OF NOT READING WHAT I ACTUALLY POSTED IN ITS ENTIRETY.

HIS REMARK IS ALL THE MORE ABSURD GIVEN THAT A DECADE OF MY LIFE WAS DEVOTED TO BEING A SOCIAL WORKER, AN OCCUPATION CONCERNED WITH HELPING THOSE WITH PRESSING ECONOMIC NEEDS. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #60815 on: December 22, 2020, 12:54:29 PM »

$0.25 is not.

The stim check should go towards those unemployed or with businesses failing.  I.e. it should be relief,  not stim.  I don't need $600.
But  the family down the street whose kids can’t go to school and the father can’t get work gets $2400, enough to bide him over till  Biden  who , as we all hear, will make us all whole again!

I just want the $600 that goes to people like me and the spouse, who actually have MORE disposable income at the moment due to covid restrictions, and wouldn't need it any case, to go to the people who are facing hunger, eviction, longterm work hiatus or loss, family business collapse, medical bills, etc.   
Nothing stopping you from passing it on.  It is tax free.
Charity begins at home.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60816 on: December 22, 2020, 12:55:53 PM »

Ellis said pursuing alleged election fraud should not supersede the Constitution.

"We have to still make sure that even though we see that our country has been undermined by corruption, our solution can't be to undermine the Constitution ourselves," Ellis said.

"We have to go through the process, we have to hold our leaders accountable. And at the end of the day, if we don't get a correction, in this case, we have to fight to make sure that this never happens again."

Well stated.

“Yeah, next time we’ll make sure the Negroes can’t vote!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60817 on: December 22, 2020, 12:58:15 PM »

I think her aim is to be commended.  Despite what any may think of her politics or who she works for.

Thanks for answering.  And at least you were respectful enough not to call her a heifer or something of that sort (you are more mature than some here - congrats)

She’ll be lucky if she isn’t sanctioned or disbarred.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60818 on: December 22, 2020, 12:59:51 PM »

Are you only a constitutionalist when its convenient?

No, but you are.

Conservatives walk around with a packet sized Construction they pull out when there is no toilet tissue available.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #60819 on: December 22, 2020, 01:07:13 PM »

$0.25 is not.

Nothing stopping you from passing it on.  It is tax free.
Charity begins at home.

HENCE THE LINE IN MY ORIGINAL POST ON THE MATTER INDICATING I WAS SENDING THE MONEY TO THE LOCAL FOOD BANK.

THE NUANCE OF MY OPINION, WHICH HAS ESCAPED AT LEAST TWO MEMBERS HERE, IS ASKING:

WHY SEND IT TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE??  WHY NOT, RATHER, DO SOMETHING LIKE ADD TO RENTAL ASSISTANCE PAYMENTS OR SEND THE MONEY TO STATES THAT ARE BROKE AND HAVE HIGH COSTS OF LIVING SUCH THAT THE RELIEF UNEMPLOYMENT PAYMENTS ARE NOT SUFFICIENT.  OR HELP CITIES THAT MAY HAVE TO SHUT DOWN BASIC SERVICES LIKE MASS TRANSIT LINES?  USE YOU IMAGINATION.  I.  DON'T.  NEED. THE. MONEY.  ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE DO.

THERE.  CLEAR ENOUGH?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #60820 on: December 22, 2020, 01:23:34 PM »

Well stated.

If only she could see the corruption for what it is.

She probably does.

she probably sees it as paying her legal fees,enhancing her reputation among far-right conspiracy nuts, to getting more legal fees, getting her speaking engagements for the next 4 years at CPAC, and Qanon conventions, and as guest moderating gigs at OAN and Newsmax. She's cashing in.

And who knows she may have the inside track of Trump's 2024 legal team with an eye towards future AG if she can shiv the totally insane Sidney Powell.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #60821 on: December 22, 2020, 01:24:32 PM »

Some people might only be able to pay 25 cents as a tip.
Guy might have raided his piggy bank to take a girl to dinner, for a meal he really could not afford.
25 cents can be a lot of money if one is broke.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 06:31:51 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60822 on: December 22, 2020, 01:27:11 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/21/media/newsmax-clarification/index.html

All throughout Monday, Newsmax viewers were treated to a short — yet remarkable — disclosure from the network's hosts: That Newsmax has no evidence Dominion or Smartmatic manipulated votes in the 2020 election; that Newsmax has no evidence Dominion or Smartmatic has any relationship with George Soros; that Newsmax has no evidence Dominion uses Smartmatic's software or vice versa; and that Smartmatic is a US company, not owned by the Venezuelan government. Newsmax framed the disclosure as a "clarification," though the network maintained it itself had never peddled any conspiracy theories about the companies.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60823 on: December 22, 2020, 01:37:34 PM »

:Some people might only be able to pay 25 cents as a tip.
Guy might have raided his piggy bank to take a girl to dinner, for a meal he really could not afford.
25 cents can be a lot of money if one is broke.

If one is broke, then one orders a meal that costs such that a decent tip is included - tip is a part of the cost of the meal.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #60824 on: December 22, 2020, 01:37:55 PM »

Donald Trump probably fulfilled more promises than any other man to sit in the Oval Office. And in four years, no less.

After his presidency, Trump will also become an unequalled global political and media force.

Trump will be surprised how much influence he has as a former President, without the limitations placed on being the actual President.

My late friend Ed Koch was seriously depressed after leaving New York's mayoralty. He later admitted to me that he became more influential outside of office as a media and political powerhouse.

Trump will do the same, but much more.

John Fund's recent column on Trump's successful presidency quotes David Shribman, a historian at Carnegie Mellon University, who thinks Trump will be "remembered in history as the most consequential president in three-quarters of a century and the most significant one-term president in nearly 175 years."

It's a good judgement for Fred Trump's son, a winner in every sense of the word

Well stated.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 4053 4054 [4055] 4056 4057 ... 4288