Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4057 4058 [4059] 4060 4061 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1999026 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #60870 on: December 22, 2020, 07:18:03 PM »

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 07:20:23 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60871 on: December 22, 2020, 07:24:17 PM »

http://youtu.be/n7FL9vkhMxw

Great LP ad for the runoff.

No wonder Kiid is starting to really hate elections. His growing hatred is a very good sign.

These guys are good. Too bad their power served the dark side for so many years...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60872 on: December 22, 2020, 07:25:56 PM »

Meanwhile, we might see Bibi leaving his position right with Trump!

https://www.economist.com/middle-east-and-africa/2020/12/22/israels-government-collapses-triggering-yet-another-election

My 'favorite' line from it is where they note that Netanyahu never planned to keep his side of the governance bargain.

So terribly shocked. No wonder he and Donnie were buds.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60873 on: December 22, 2020, 07:28:29 PM »

Trump passing out pardons like lunch.

Coffee Boy got the hook up.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #60874 on: December 22, 2020, 07:38:03 PM »

WHY SEND IT TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE??  WHY NOT, RATHER, DO SOMETHING LIKE ADD TO RENTAL ASSISTANCE PAYMENTS OR SEND THE MONEY TO STATES THAT ARE BROKE AND HAVE HIGH COSTS OF LIVING SUCH THAT THE RELIEF UNEMPLOYMENT PAYMENTS ARE NOT SUFFICIENT.  OR HELP CITIES THAT MAY HAVE TO SHUT DOWN BASIC SERVICES LIKE MASS TRANSIT LINES?  USE YOU IMAGINATION.  I.  DON'T.  NEED. THE. MONEY.  ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE DO.

Barton, dear Barton......

What would you have - a system where citizens needed to apply for the money?  Surely you see the problems this could create.

Of course.   If you read my posts,  it would be apparent that that wasn't what I was suggesting.   People already on unemployment rolls would receive more, or it could run longer, if a scattershot stimulus check weren't fired at everyone.   Same for the other programs in the package.    People in the gig economy,  people unable to make rent,  etc.  would be needing the money far more than I do.   And will need all the other stopgaps to run until the vaccines have effectively ended the pandemic. 

Is this just so obvious that people's brains shut down when they hear it?   I thought conservatives were opposed to giving handouts to people who don't need them.   You appear to be contradicting the dogma you and Red have been chanting for years.   

barton

« Reply #60875 on: December 22, 2020, 07:40:37 PM »

I like to imagine a Kirk Douglas (in Seven Days in May) who talks like Malcolm Tucker.   He suggests Trump put a jaunty bonnet on his coup and ram it up the shitter with a lubricated horse cock.

And this blur of nonsense has what to  this has to do with the latest Covid-19 Congressional action?
It means you should try to stay In the Loop.

I thought the concept of not sending stimulus checks during a relief program would be easy peasy lemon squeezy to get across.

But no,  it was  difficult difficult lemon difficult!

barton

« Reply #60876 on: December 22, 2020, 07:54:33 PM »

Warning!

If you believe the postings of Josh or Bodiddely don’t read this

https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/21/i-moved-from-locked-down-virginia-to-open-florida-and-faces-came-back-to-life/

Author is an intern at The Federalist, who has a partisan perspective on restrictions in VA that many others didn't whine about at all,  because they were happy to protect society's more vulnerable members.   No one disputes it's nice to see other people smile.   No one ever said pandemics were nonstop fun rides.

And most understand that it's much easier to implement outdoor dining and activities in Florida than Virginia in late autumn,  so you can't make precise parallels between them.   

And,  of course,  look who's got a severe virus spike right now,  and who doesn't.  Hope Floridians enjoy all the smiley faces at granny's funeral!   

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #60877 on: December 22, 2020, 08:36:09 PM »

Warning!

https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/21/i-moved-from-locked-down-virginia-to-open-florida-and-faces-came-back-to-life/

Such hard-hitting news! 
But I can understand a healthy 20 year old chafing at sensible public health restrictions.

Make sure to update us and let us know when she tests positive.
Though she's young and will probably be asymptomatic and spread CV without knowing it. 

Btw, VA is 45th in infection rate.  Almost all of the states with a smaller % of their population infected are small remote states -- Hawaii, Maine, NH, VT.  The two exceptions -- responsible, careful WA with a comparable population.  And its good government NW buddy OR.

FLA?
Right in the middle of the pack at 26th.
So Virginia has done a much better job of protecting its citizens.

Death rate? 
VA 42nd; FLA 20th.

www.worldometers.info

Doing what you want and having the freedom to infect others comes at a price, in sickness and deaths.  Good gov't saves lives; bad gov't kills.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60878 on: December 22, 2020, 08:38:18 PM »

Pardoning the four Hessians, I mean mercenaries, I mean Blackwater contractors convicted of killing unarmed folks inIraq. One guy, Slatten was sentenced to life.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/blackwater-guard-sentenced-to-life-for-role-in-2007-shootings-of-unarmed-iraqi-civilians/2019/08/14/18d0af5a-bea9-11e9-9b73-fd3c65ef8f9c_story.html

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60879 on: December 22, 2020, 08:44:20 PM »

Warning!

Thank you, no. I am familiar with that publication.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60880 on: December 22, 2020, 08:47:09 PM »

Warning!

Such hard-hitting news! 
But I can understand a healthy 20 year old chafing at sensible public health restrictions.

Make sure to update us and let us know when she tests positive.
Though she's young and will probably be asymptomatic and spread CV without knowing it. 

Btw, VA is 45th in infection rate.  Almost all of the states with a smaller % of their population infected are small remote states -- Hawaii, Maine, NH, VT.  The two exceptions -- responsible, careful WA with a comparable population.  And its good government NW buddy OR.

FLA?
Right in the middle of the pack at 26th.
So Virginia has done a much better job of protecting its citizens.

Death rate? 
VA 42nd; FLA 20th.

www.worldometers.info

Doing what you want and having the freedom to infect others comes at a price, in sickness and deaths.  Good gov't saves lives; bad gov't kills.

Here’s whats going on in Florida

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/12/conservative-turning-point-usa-summit-takes-florida

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9075887/Conservatives-slam-Charlie-Kirk-Turning-Point-USA-conference-Bang-Girls-blasting-cash-teens.html

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60881 on: December 22, 2020, 08:53:25 PM »

I like to imagine a Kirk Douglas (in Seven Days in May) who talks like Malcolm Tucker.   He suggests Trump put a jaunty bonnet on his coup and ram it up the shitter with a lubricated horse cock.

And this blur of nonsense has what to  this has to do with the latest Covid-19 Congressional action?
It means you should try to stay In the Loop.

I thought the concept of not sending stimulus checks during a relief program would be easy peasy lemon squeezy to get across.

But no,  it was  difficult difficult lemon difficult!
Sometimes, all you can do is tell someone, "Kiss my sweaty balls, you fat fuck" and sprint away.

My favorite moment in the movie is when Tucker tells General Miller "Don't ever call me English again" and leaves as Gandolfini gets a puzzled look on his face.

Or when Simon tells his assistant "I haven't got any thoughts. I am just starting into space while a distant voice in the back of my head goes 'Oh shit' like a car alarm in the middle of the night". I printed that out and posted it on my office wall for about a year.
A parrot bit me.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Sense a Pattern?
« Reply #60882 on: December 22, 2020, 09:08:30 PM »

States with the highest rates of infection?

9 of the top 10 are Red states where people don't like to wear masks or follow health precautions, including rural states such as ND and SD who welcomed redneck superspreader events, plus ID, NE, and WY.

20 of the Top 22 infected states are GOP run states -- RI and MN the two Blue exceptions. 

27 of the top 30 are Red states.

Gee, maybe those Blue state health precautions and restrictions actually paid off and prevented illnesses and deaths.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60883 on: December 22, 2020, 09:09:38 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #60884 on: December 22, 2020, 09:13:20 PM »

Sometimes, all you can do is tell someone, "Kiss my sweaty balls, you fat fuck" and sprint away.

My favorite moment in the movie is when Tucker tells General Miller "Don't ever call me English again" and leaves as Gandolfini gets a puzzled look on his face.

Or when Simon tells his assistant "I haven't got any thoughts. I am just starting into space while a distant voice in the back of my head goes 'Oh shit' like a car alarm in the middle of the night". I printed that out and posted it on my office wall for about a year.

Perfection.

Also liked "You sounded like a f--king Nazi Julie Andrews!” to Hollander's awkward remarks about Middle East peace. 

Sad to see it's dropped off Netflix -- want to introduce to my spouse.   Maybe worth owning.   
Pages: 1 ... 4057 4058 [4059] 4060 4061 ... 4288