Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4210 4211 [4212] 4213 4214 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595960 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63165 on: January 15, 2021, 02:41:41 PM »

Generally I prefer stimulus and then relief, but different strokes for different folks...

Different strokes. Very clever. 
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63167 on: January 15, 2021, 02:46:56 PM »

Just to be clear who many in the GOP are defending:

“Strong evidence, including Chansley’s own words and actions at the Capitol, supports that the intent of the Capitol rioters was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States Government,” prosecutors wrote in their filing.

“Chansley left a note on the Senate Chamber dais, where Vice President Mike Pence had been presiding over the session just minutes before, warning ‘it’s only a matter of time, justice is coming.’”

Prosecutors said that when the FBI questioned Chansley about the meaning of his words, he “went on a lengthy diatribe describing current and past United States political leaders as infiltrators, specifically naming Vice President Mike Pence.”

“He said that he was able to get into the United States Senate in D.C. ‘by the grace of God.’ Chansley said that he was glad he sat in the Vice President’s chair because Vice President Pence is a child-trafficking traitor,” the filing said.

While Chansley, who is also known as Jacob Angeli, claimed that he did not mean the note as a threat, “the Government strongly disagrees,”

Just protesting, of course---not an insurrection! Ha! Far from it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/trump-rioters-planned-to-kill-congress-members-fed-probe.html

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63168 on: January 15, 2021, 02:51:39 PM »

Trump's Elba:President Donald Trump is expected to depart the White House for West Palm Beach, Florida, a few hours before his successor, President-elect Joe Biden, is sworn into office, two people familiar with the arrangements told NBC News.

Do you think a group of armed "demonstrators" will greet him at PBI? And why not take Jet Blue? Fares are really good right now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/trump-to-depart-white-house-hours-before-biden-inauguration-for-mar-a-lago.html

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63169 on: January 15, 2021, 02:54:11 PM »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-14/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-feared-for-her-life-in-us-capitol-siege/13058676

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she and other elected officials 'narrowly escaped death' during US Capitol siege

US Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she and other elected officials "narrowly escaped death" last week when a mob of President Donald Trump's supporters stormed into the US Capitol, and she was concerned her own "white supremacist" colleagues in Congress would put her at further risk.

#####

I looked up "white supremacist".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy]]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy

White supremacy or white supremacism is the belief that white people are superior to those of other races and thus should dominate them. The belief favors the maintenance and defense of white power and privilege. White supremacy has roots in the now-discredited doctrine of scientific racism, and was a key justification for colonialism. It underlies a spectrum of contemporary movements including neo-Confederates, neo-Nazism and Christian Identity.

Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63170 on: January 15, 2021, 02:55:47 PM »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-14/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-feared-for-her-life-in-us-capitol-siege/13058676

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she and other elected officials 'narrowly escaped death' during US Capitol siege

US Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she and other elected officials "narrowly escaped death" last week when a mob of President Donald Trump's supporters stormed into the US Capitol, and she was concerned her own "white supremacist" colleagues in Congress would put her at further risk.

#####

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy]]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy

White supremacy or white supremacism is the belief that white people are superior to those of other races and thus should dominate them. The belief favors the maintenance and defense of white power and privilege. White supremacy has roots in the now-discredited doctrine of scientific racism, and was a key justification for colonialism. It underlies a spectrum of contemporary movements including neo-Confederates, neo-Nazism and Christian Identity.

At the risk of being either slightly dismayed or happily amused, I'll ask. Do you have a point?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #63171 on: January 15, 2021, 02:59:05 PM »

Someone needs to do some research to find out who the current studio bosses are, and we need to get a little info on the types of films they are making, etc. We need to know more about the studio bosses. People magazine or someone needs to do an article about who the current studio bosses are. 

I did a Google search to find out about the current studio bosses, and only one page came up, and it would not open. People, or Time, or the New York Times, or someone, needs to do an article about who our current studio bosses are, I want to know their names, and I want to know about the films that they are making, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 03:02:32 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63172 on: January 15, 2021, 02:59:19 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63173 on: January 15, 2021, 03:05:29 PM »

Someone needs to do some research to find out who the current studio bosses are, and we need to get a little info on the types of films they are making, etc. We need to know more about the studio bosses. People magazine or someone needs to do an article about who the current studio bosses are. 

I did a Google search to find out about the current studio bosses, and only one page came up, and it would not open. People, or Time, or the New York Times, or someone, needs to do an article about who are current studio bosses are, I want to know their names, and I want to know about the films that they are making, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

No one needs to "do an article" just because you give up so easily.

Go to google. Put in the company's name and the term "studio CEO" or something similar, and you'll find things like this:

Bob Chapek
The Walt Disney Company/CEO

Ann Sarnoff, the chairman and CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment.

Try not to be such a lazy ass, and do your own work, Tony.

You're long on ideas, and short on effort. Change that formula, and you might be successful, some day.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63174 on: January 15, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »

On Thursday night, undeterred by Republicans rediscovering their allergy to deficit spending, President-elect Joe Biden unveiled an “American Rescue Plan” that would cost just under $2 trillion.

Then he announced that he will appear before a joint session of Congress next month to ask for even more.

“I know what I just described will not come cheaply,” Biden said during a Thursday night speech in Wilmington, Del. “But failure to do so will cost us dearly.”

”This week’s body count and jobs report make the case better than Biden ever could for going big.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/15/daily-202-biden-throws-obama-era-caution-wind-with-big-ask-coronavirus-stimulus/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #63175 on: January 15, 2021, 03:21:21 PM »

I did a Google search to find out about the current studio bosses, and only one page came up, and it would not open. People, or Time, or the New York Times, or someone, needs to do an article about who are current studio bosses are, I want to know their names, and I want to know about the films that they are making, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

No one needs to "do an article" just because you give up so easily.

Go to google. Put in the company's name and the term "studio CEO" or something similar, and you'll find things like this:

Bob Chapek
The Walt Disney Company/CEO

Ann Sarnoff, the chairman and CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment.

Try not to be such a lazy ass, and do your own work, Tony.

You're long on ideas, and short on effort. Change that formula, and you might be successful, some day.

People make a living writing articles, it does not hurt to give them ideas on stuff to write about.

On the issue of the current studio environment...

I realize that the current filmmaking environment has changed, and that production companies have more power, while the studios just do marketing and distribution, and rent out lot space and movie making equipment, or whatever, the writer of the article can do research about this aspect too, about how the filmmaking process has changed since the Golden Age of the studio films. There is still Universal Pictures and stuff, so the studios are still making films, but there are newer production companies which make a lot of the films too. You open a production office at a studio and make your film, and then the studio does marketing and distribution, or you make a mini series for Netflix, or whatever. The person who writes the article can talk about the changes that have happened in Hollywood.

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #63176 on: January 15, 2021, 03:30:14 PM »

1400 + 600 = 2000.  That's the total, as he said it would be.  His plan was never for $2600 stimulus payments, which is what you, a conservative, are proposing.  As Spock would say, "Faaascinating." 

No worries, I'm sure you'll turn into a fiscal conservative again, come Jan. 20th.  Hang in there.
Stimulus?
The Biden plan is a RELIEF plan that you argued against when it was only $600 back in December.
I note you have no trouble in adding $1400 for more relief you won’t need( at least  you said in December that you and wifey were fine with getting nothing)

Plan is both.   1400 is stimulus part,  and I still don't see it as necessary right now,  and still see rent relief,  food relief,  Main St.  relief, childcare,  as what needs targeting right now.  The relief parts of Joe's plan make sense.   And I am still passing my checks along to those who need it.   Stop trying to score and instead hear the  points people actually make.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #63177 on: January 15, 2021, 03:33:47 PM »

Larry confuses policy and politics.

rookie mistake.

but he also likes to confuse this forum from time to time.

a veteran ruse.

Larry your WAPO "GO BIG" article  is about going BIG on the covid relief and fixing the economy, and not the social issues you linked to Go Big.

Perhaps you should have read the article before posting as it makes my point about Joe's challenges in a 50-50 Senate

Joe doesn't have the votes for BIG as defined by Larry (a laundry list of social issues that need about 70 Dems in the Senate, as 10 will likely not support them all)

That seemed apparent in June, it should be obvious now.

Joe may have the votes for smart and get the R-support he needs

Larry don't hold your breathe for defund the police, Medicare for All, free college etc

maybe in 22-24, but that is only if Joe and the Dems hold Congress by going SMART.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63178 on: January 15, 2021, 03:34:49 PM »

#####

At the risk of being either slightly dismayed or happily amused, I'll ask. Do you have a point?

So now obviously "Christian identity" makes one classed as a "White supremacist".

She is accusing "'white supremacist' colleagues in Congress".
Her bio somewhere states she is 'Hispanic'.
Someone should ask her, given the following rhetoric by Hispanic Leaders in America over the years:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hispanic-leaders-speak-out/

Q; "Do you believe that Hispanic people are superior to those of other races and thus should dominate them?"

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63179 on: January 15, 2021, 03:39:18 PM »

People starving in Kansas etc will probably think the 1400 is a great idea.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 4210 4211 [4212] 4213 4214 ... 4288