Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583847 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #435 on: August 10, 2018, 03:10:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/GOPPollAnalyst/status/1027959541135286272

Wormtongue sad people tune out poisonous bullshit. How will Wormtongue sabotage country now? Master will punish Wormtongue...
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 10, 2018, 03:44:00 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/08/the-battle-that-erupted-in-charlottesville-is-far-from-over/567167/?utm_source=twb

Why do I think you only read the headline, then posted an article detailing how Republicans are becoming the party of Nazism as a scoreboard own of the libs?

Because that is probably what happened.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 10, 2018, 03:50:53 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/08/the-battle-that-erupted-in-charlottesville-is-far-from-over/567167/?utm_source=twb

Why do I think you only read the headline, then posted an article detailing how Republicans are becoming the party of Nazism as a scoreboard own of the libs?

There's a good possibility that makes Kid happy. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 10, 2018, 03:51:56 PM »

YAWN....

Indeed.

When someone describes the deletion of hate speech from social media as censorship of “alt Media” they are not correctly identifying the party that is behaving in a problematic way.

And zero surprise that kidcarter8 buys into it.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 10, 2018, 03:55:07 PM »

YAWN....

Indeed.

When someone describes the deletion of hate speech from social media as censorship of “alt Media” they are not correctly identifying the party that is behaving in a problematic way.

I yawned without reading one of Kid's twitter links.  You're a better person than me for doing so. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 10, 2018, 04:05:32 PM »

YAWN....

Indeed.

I yawned without reading one of Kid's twitter links.   

heh

that right?

I figure you'd have liked the one

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 10, 2018, 04:07:40 PM »

I'll take your word for it. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 10, 2018, 04:49:51 PM »

nah

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 10, 2018, 05:15:06 PM »

Kavanaugh is about to get Me Tooed. In the firing line for how he used his thumbs in the hiring line for the disgraced and ejected judge, Alex Kozinski, he toadied for even in the role as feeder for Justice Kennedy. More of that deep stank rank republican corruption is ready to erupt from the ground and spread all over the airwaves as soon as hearings officially get underway. Will hearings get underway? Is the chance better or worse than that of trump sitting down with Mueller?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 10, 2018, 05:41:39 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #445 on: August 10, 2018, 06:20:33 PM »

Jones conjured a fake Google conspiracy.

“Google, because we’re also trending on Google, Google does not list us. It does not show that the app exists.” Jones showed a video that an Infowars staffer had tweeted out earlier. The video shows a phone displaying Google Play Store’s trending list.

Infowars said it was because Google didn’t want you to see the success of the app. However, it seems Jones and his crew neglected to notice that Google by default hides apps from the Play Store list that have already been installed on a user’s phone.

Had they changed that setting to display all apps, their conspiracy theory would have fallen apart.

Jones is not media.   He is an attention-seeking clown and pathological liar.   Kid,  it took me literally one minute to fact check his Google conspiracy.  It's worth your time to do the same with anything that emanates from his paranoid hate machine.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 10, 2018, 06:33:51 PM »

Outside of some other possibilities, this is why Trump won’t release his tax returns.
The fiasco of democrats jousting with the Emlouments Windmill would certainly be a 24/7 futile exercise if Trump’s tax returns were available.

The hyped benefits are, so far, all hype.  Republicans sold the cut as primarily a booster for middle class wages. Wages this year haven’t kept up with inflation, so real wages have gone down in 2018, especially for people below the top 25%. 
Wrong. Real wages have gone UP for everyone along with the GDP while unemployment has gone DOWN. Any rise in inflation does not change that.  But I notice your faulty logic begs the question “ “ what if there were no tax cuts while inflation went up”?

The same people Paul Ryan & Co. promised big raises to (remember that $4,000/year number?) haven’t seen squat while stock buybacks set records.  People who don’t pay attention to the daily back and forth of politics notice when they look at their paychecks once or twice a month and see that they have been lied to.
LOL. More people now have paychecks to look at thanks to the tax cuts

Democrats have done a good job articulating the trade-offs, and (accurately) describing Republican priorities.  I think it was Connor Lamb who had the ad that highlighted how quickly Ryan pivoted from passing the $1.5 Trillion tax cut to proposing cuts in social spending.
the increase in Social Spending was the democrats’ price tag for the tax cuts.
Republicans spent 8 years hyping the dangers of a deficit, and while they are strangely silent on that now, people remember.  And no one who isn’t a deeply indoctrinated right winger believes the bullshit that tax cuts pay for themselves anymore.
Hypocrisy, squared. Hillary ran on eliminating energy jobs and higher taxes.  Trump ran on lowering taxes and preserving energy jobs.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 10, 2018, 06:43:04 PM »

His enormous bullshit crawls out from under its rock,

My Hypocrisy, is squared. Hillary ran on eliminating energy region killing jobs and higher taxes on the wealthy and parasitically wealthy.  Trump ran on lowering taxes on the wealthy and parasitically wealthy and preserving energy region killing jobs”

Trump sure bends over to deliver for any region killing and for all parasites.

FIFY.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 10, 2018, 06:43:35 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 4288