Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583472 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #555 on: August 12, 2018, 09:41:29 PM »

Hey Red? You are a liar. Scoreboard! The Republicans' concern with fiscal responsibility is no longer operative because they are WINNING ELECTIONS. "Facts". This is why I laugh at you.
Gee. the GOP has won control of the legislative process in all federal offices and a majority of the statesand you yell SCOREBOARD?
Ok.
Thanks.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 12, 2018, 09:43:38 PM »

Hey Red? You are a liar. Scoreboard! The Republicans' concern with fiscal responsibility is no longer operative because they are WINNING ELECTIONS. "Facts". This is why I laugh at you.
Gee. the GOP has won control of the legislative process in all federal offices and a majority of the statesand you yell SCOREBOARD?
Ok.
Thanks.
You're welcome. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 12, 2018, 09:47:21 PM »

How about veterans affairs?

How much do you want to chop on that, YG?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 12, 2018, 09:55:34 PM »

I don't want to "chop" any of Veteran's Affairs What makes you think I do? I'm not a member of a party whose whole basis of opposition AND running for office was "fiscal responsibility" "balanced budgets" and eliminating the deficit. In other words I'm not a fucking liar.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 12, 2018, 10:09:04 PM »

Ok.
Thanks.

The GOP has lied about what policies they would enact and what the expected effect of those policies would be in every election since Ike. Republicans winning elections is disease currently being cured, an ailment that has led to every dark and shameful chapter in our last century of history.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 12, 2018, 10:16:14 PM »

Ok.
Thanks.

The GOP has lied about what policies they would enact and what the expected effect of those policies would be in every election since Ike. Republicans winning elections is disease currently being cured, an ailment that has led to every dark and shameful chapter in our last century of history.

I sense you and YankGuy are bonding. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #561 on: August 12, 2018, 10:27:44 PM »

https://7plus.com.au/sunday-night

Americans are so lucky...when the killer terrorists start shooting and hacking off heads [as in London], the Americans can whip out their guns and shoot back!
Me, I'm not allowed to carry guns, so I'm just a sitting duck for the nasty terrorists.
The nasty terrorists have swords with which to hack me up, guns off all types with which to mow me down in the street or in my home, and bombs to blow off some or all of my limbs.

Donald trump understands, about terrorists...hence his immigration and travel bans

Travel bans? Like the old Chris Rock joke: “I ain’t afraid of no Al Qaida, I’m scared of Al Cracka!”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/california-wildfire-suspect-posted-about-qanon-other-conspiracies_us_5b6dc69de4b0ae32af97e953

On his Facebook page, Clark had posted dozens of videos spanning years delving into absurd conspiracies, including beliefs that Satanists run amok and control the world. He believed Pizzagate is real (it’s not, but it did lead to a seriously dangerous situation) and more recently that someone deep within the U.S. intelligence community is posting clues to troll boards, including 4chan and 8chan, about a coming political reckoning.

Clark is accused of starting the Holy Fire that has burned nearly 20,000 acres in Southern California and is only 5 percent contained.

The latter, referred to as QAnon, has suckered legions of conspiracy-minded parties to believe that President Donald Trump is secretly busting a massive pedophile ring. They also believe the president will be liberated from all suspicion in special counsel Robert Mueller’s FBI investigation into Russia’s possible influence on the 2016 presidential election.

As HuffPost reporter Andy Campbell has pointed out, the conspiracy has led to real-world consequences. In June, a man armed with an AR-15 drove an armored vehicle onto the bridge near the Hoover Dam in Nevada where he had a standoff with police before officers arrested him. While blocking traffic, he held up a sign that read “Release the OIG report,” which QAnon had recently been posting about.

Clark’s arrest earlier this week once again puts the spotlight on the possible real impact of conspiracies.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 12, 2018, 10:46:34 PM »

Ok.
Thanks.

I sense you and YankGuy are bonding.

It bigger than that. All across the country now, everyone sees you and everyone smells you coming up the street. It’s clear as day, the less we trust you with the better off we are.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 12, 2018, 10:58:31 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/13/trump-budget-spending-increases/330337002/

Infrastructure

Defense

Opioid treatment

You're not OK with that stuff, YG?

I'm not okay with the infrastructure bill because it is a sham that fails to do what we need done by a wide margin.
February 2018:

"We will build gleaming new roads, bridges, highways, railways, and waterways all across our land," Trump said in announcing the plan. "And we will do it with American heart, and American hands, and American grit."

The program, he said, would produce "the biggest and boldest infrastructure investment in American history."

But a review of the plan by analysts at the Wharton School – Trump's alma mater – found that most of the incentives would fail to attract anything close to the $1.5 trillion goal.

March 2018: "President Donald Trump said his much-hyped infrastructure plan will likely have to wait until after this year's midterm elections."
May 2018: "President Trump's legislative framework for a sweeping overhaul of the nation's infrastructure appears all but dead in Congress."
July 2018: "Eighteen months into his administration, no credible proposal for anything near that scale has been made. To the extent that the Trump administration has a plan at all for public investment, it involves pumping up Pentagon spending, not investing in roads, bridges, transportation, better Internet access, or other pressing needs of the civilian economy."

It's a joke - and a bad one.

https://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/the-impact/economic-impact/
Even though the U.S. Congress and some states have recently made efforts to invest more in infrastructure, these efforts do not come close to the $2.0 trillion in needs.

That was 2017. The need is not shrinking and every day that the Administration and the GOP drag their feet, the problem gets worse and more expensive to fix.

I'm not okay with the "defense" because of waste, excess, corruption, and a dozen other reasons. Our military budget is so much larger than other countries' budgets that it is laughable, in a maniacal sort of way.

"Defense Secretary Jim Mattis warned the military they better spend (the extra money) wisely"

In his dreams.

Opioid treatment is even more of a laugh.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/19/17137852/trump-opioid-epidemic-plan-death-penalty
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 12, 2018, 11:03:34 PM »

https://resources.hoover.org/dueling-populisms-signup/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=newsfeed&utm_campaign=duelingpopulisms&utm_content=dllook

This is a free book from the Hoover Institution called Dueling Populisms.

The author is Victor Davis Hanson. I doubt my left-leaning friends will care for him much, but he has some interesting perspectives.

Red, on the days when he is alert, would probably find it probative and informative. Kiid has no chance in hell of understanding it. Bambu will think it's brilliant, then he will get to the end of the Table of Contents.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #565 on: August 12, 2018, 11:31:18 PM »

Take a sip of covfefe and chuckle as you recall that GOP is the self-anointed party of fiscal conservativism and deficit reduction.   Nothing from Redward on what happened to that pillar.
Self Annointed?
Since 2010 the GOP has gained about 1000 legislative seats across the country by winning  ELECTIONS !
In other words by winning the consent of the governed.

So, still nothing from Red on what happened to the fiscal principles of the GOP.   

Say one thing.  Get elected.  Then do the opposite of what you said.  Uh-huh.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 13, 2018, 12:11:13 AM »

I know you're not too bright and anything more than 280 words is a challenge for you, but do you read what you link to?

barton

« Reply #568 on: August 13, 2018, 12:11:53 AM »

Someone didn't read their own link.   Teehee.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 13, 2018, 12:12:20 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 4288