Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584204 times)

oilcan

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #585 on: August 13, 2018, 11:22:07 AM »

A story for our times:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/12/politics/melissa-howard-miami-university/index.html

A conservative news outlet finds that a Republican candidate in Florida didn't graduate from a university she claims to have graduated from.

She says she did, so the conservative news outlet spikes the story.

But...The university says it has no record of her graduating, though she did attend for four years.

The candidate posts a picture of herself with her diploma, which the university then points out is an obvious forgery.

The picture is taken down.

The candidate's response to all this?  "Fake news."

Liars and con-men and con-women.

Sounds like she has done fairly well, especially for a non-graduate.

But.............I think its what you learn in those last 3-6 credits before graduation that matters most

heh

Shame on Microsoft by the way for never checking

heh 2

How does the key fact here completely elude you.  Let me boil it down a bit for ya:

WOMAN SEEKING TO BE ELECTED AS TRUSTED PUBLIC SERVANT IS A BIG FAT LIAR.  AND NOT JUST A LIAR, BUT CAUGHT IN AN ACT OF FRAUD, I.E. FORGERY, OF AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT AS TO HER CREDENTIALS. 

Shame on you for ignoring the elephant in the room, and nattering on instead about Microsoft and credit hours.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 13, 2018, 11:23:14 AM »

A story for our times:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/12/politics/melissa-howard-miami-university/index.html

A conservative news outlet finds that a Republican candidate in Florida didn't graduate from a university she claims to have graduated from.

But...The university says it has no record of her graduating, though she did attend for four years.

The candidate posts a picture of herself with her diploma, which the university then points out is an obvious forgery.

But.............I think its what you learn in those last 3-6 credits before graduation that matters most

heh

heh 2

As though you have any idea how many credits she needed to graduate….

I could care less that a Republican candidate lied (in other words, the sun came up this morning) or even that she took the trouble of having a credible looking diploma forged, fake signatures and all.

My point was that in the face of an obviously credible critique, fully backed by facts that are worthy of a response from a candidate who is 100% beholden to the voters, her response is “Fake News.”

That is what makes this a story for our times.  The party gets its orders from the top.  And you are fine with being governed with crooks and liars who feel they have no obligation to the truth for the people who elect them so long as they keep the brown folk out.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 13, 2018, 11:27:04 AM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #588 on: August 13, 2018, 12:51:20 PM »

A story for our times:

heh

heh 2

How does the key fact here completely elude you.  Let me boil it down a bit for ya:

WOMAN SEEKING TO BE ELECTED AS TRUSTED PUBLIC SERVANT IS A BIG FAT LIAR.  AND NOT JUST A LIAR, BUT CAUGHT IN AN ACT OF FRAUD, I.E. FORGERY, OF AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT AS TO HER CREDENTIALS. 

Shame on you for ignoring the elephant in the room, and nattering on instead about Microsoft and credit hours.

Now she claims she can’t respond to the “fake news” because her husband has had a cardiac event of some sort.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 13, 2018, 01:12:54 PM »

"The "fake news" quote was not from the candidate.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 13, 2018, 01:17:19 PM »

Kid is right.  It was her "campaign consultant" that used the term "fake news."  Howard remains an honest, and solid candidate,  The paradigm of probity and rectitude. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 13, 2018, 01:21:50 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 13, 2018, 01:23:44 PM »

Heh.  You need a big shovel for these guys.

And the Kansas goatfuck continues.....

The governor’s office argued in a legal opinion sent to The Star Monday morning that “Kansas law requires canvassers to look to the intent of the voter” in cases where a poll worker incorrectly tells an unaffiliated voter to cast a provisional ballot, rather than to affiliate and then vote.

“Kansas law requires that provisional ballots cast by unaffiliated voters in a primary election be construed as evidence of voter intent and must be counted,” Brant Laue, the chief legal counsel of the governor’s office, said in the letter.

Kobach, the Kansas secretary of state, has a slim lead, 110 votes, over Colyer in the GOP primary for governor. Roughly 9,000 provisional ballots are spread across the state’s 105 counties. More than 40 percent of those ballots come from Johnson and Sedgwick counties, where Kobach has appointed the top election officials.

After initially resisting calls that he recuse himself from duties overseeing the election, Kobach eventually recused himself last week and named Rucker.

Colyer’s campaign also has alleged that “many Colyer voters had difficulties finding his name on the ballot, were forced to vote on provisional ballots, or were turned away outright for unknown reasons.”

Read more here:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article216584870.html#storylink=cpy

I am with Colyer

And happy to see the Democrat support for the current Republican governor.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 13, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »

Kid is right.  It was her "campaign consultant" that used the term "fake news."  Howard remains an honest, and solid candidate,  The paradigm of probity and rectitude.

Just a nice  example of NEEDS fully reading what he links (or refers) to

heh

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 13, 2018, 01:32:30 PM »

heh

...as opposed to yourself who just made up facts not in the article.

A statement from a  spokesman for her campaign comes from her, unless she refutes it.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 13, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »

Here is a link to an article everyone should read, not just pretend to:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/13/stephen-miller-is-an-immigration-hypocrite-i-know-because-im-his-uncle-219351

Not only an outstanding critique of Trump Immigration policy and rhetoric, but goes to the "idea of America" discussion we had last week.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 13, 2018, 01:45:50 PM »

heh

A statement from a  spokesman for her campaign comes from her, unless she refutes it.

"CNN reached out to Howard but has not heard back"

Pretty straightforward, even for you.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 13, 2018, 01:50:05 PM »

ahhhhh........no!!!

https://twitter.com/mattzap/status/1029020206134382595
That Josh is a busy poster.

Good to see you putting your Trump University degree to such good use, champ. You must have done really well in Slimeballs & Scumbags 101, and your “No Puppet” class.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 13, 2018, 02:07:48 PM »

heh

"CNN reached out to Howard but has not heard back"

Pretty straightforward, even for you.

Yup a straightforward statement a responsible news source would make preceding a quote from a spokesperson authorized to speak on her behalf.

Read more Real News, kidcarter8, and you’d know that.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 13, 2018, 02:13:38 PM »

"Is this where I come for an argument?"

- "I told you once."

"No, you didnt"
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 4288