Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584232 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #690 on: August 14, 2018, 06:56:44 PM »

You're welcome.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 14, 2018, 06:59:55 PM »

Well, except for a booming economy, record low unemployment, a solid foreign policy with a beefed up military to enforce it.

Well, you seem convinced REDSTATEWARD.  But then, someone like you wouldn't need convincing.

For voters not completely divorced from reality, Republicans had to run scary commercials shouting "Pelosi!" at the 11th hour in Ohio to keep from losing a House district they have held for 30 years.

We will see how that strategy works out in less red districts in November.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 14, 2018, 07:08:00 PM »

Ah yes, the defining mark of the democrats: Everyone else is a racist.
You must be so proud of Josh’s recent post.  You guys call that taking the high road?

Yeah, what has Donald Trump ever done to make us think he is racist?

LOL.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 14, 2018, 07:23:26 PM »

You must be so proud of Josh’s recent post.  You guys call that taking the high road?

Yeah, what has Donald Trump ever done to make us think he is racist?

LOL.

What have republicans ever done?

Red is still trying to figure out how Josh superimposed Red’s most flattering profile on to the White House...
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 14, 2018, 07:31:01 PM »

Solid.foreign policy!
Exactly.
Thanks.
So, that's three people who think so: you, Trump, and Putin.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 14, 2018, 08:04:55 PM »

Even if the dems take the House they can’t roll back the tax cuts.

So what?  Republicans couldn’t roll back the ACA either, that didn’t stop them from campaigning against it in 2010.  Lordy, do you get how politics works?  Evidently not.
go right ahead then. But you might remember the GOP ran on cutting taxes in 2016, they won, they cut taxes, Unemployment went down and GDP went up. If you want to reverse that then you really are the party bent on political Suicide.

I’m not sure why you continue to think I am running for office.
Well it is confusing. You want to take back the tax cuts and you support the democrats. 
Rock-solid stupidity makes you prime leftist material doomed to lose elections.
Regardles…If the Trump Tax Cuts were galvanizing for GOP voters GOP candidates would be running on them.  They are not.  Instead they are shouting scary words like “Immigrants!” and  “Pelosi!”  because that is all they have after two years of total control.
Well, except for a booming economy, record low unemployment, a solid foreign policy with a beefed up military to enforce it.

And the GOP have used that power to redistribute wealth toward their wealthy donors, and shield an epically unpopular, corrupt, venal and self-dealing white supremacist-loving President from any accountability to the American people.

I sure as hell don't call it taking the high road, Red.

Almost every time somebody takes the high road with this bunch of GOP "leaders" they get stabbed in the back, undermined, or trampled.

And... what's your objection to calling a racist a racist?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 14, 2018, 08:07:48 PM »

Trump is what?  German?  Do you think if young immigrant Germans were committing ghastly crimes vs children in the US en masse' he would act to do anything about stopping them at the southern border?

The fact that he is acting to protect LATINO youth in this nation (by going after MS13) and you are scoffing at it makes YOU seem racist, I'd say.  Maybe you'd be more behind it if little Jane and Jessie Whitegirl had been beheaded.
en masse? Nope. Not happening. That scare.tactic is the racism. Equating all immigration with MS13 is the racism.

And - protecting Latino youth be separating them from their parents at the border? Seriously? Sending them back - because this country sill eventually send them back - to the violence and danger they escaped protecting them? That's Orwellian logic.

MS13 is not an immigration problem. It is a law enforcement problem. Arresting parents and seizing minor children has nothing to do with MS13. That you and Trump argue it does is the racism.

Kids separated at the border can stay in the US.  That is the aim of many of the parents legitimately bringing the kids in.

Got any evidence to support that?

(see me not holding my breath)

You're kidding, right?

You're kidding, right?

Do you have evidence that the kids who were taken from their parents will be allowed to stay?

That's what I'm asking for.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #697 on: August 14, 2018, 08:18:00 PM »

Good Lord - can we stop posting that ridiculous map?

So..........the "good guys" have taken down (or think they have) Melissa Howard - a representative for state office.

Niiiiiice work.

Have to wonder if they have done any research into her stance on issues, her work history, quotes on matters of import, charitable work, etc.

Nah........

Issues? She’s a fucking LIAR.

She had every opportunity to do the right thing and she screwed every chance right down to saying her hubby had a heart attack... you want to talk “the issues?”

She took a picture of herself with a fake diploma THAT SHE KNEW WAS FAKE.

Damn.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:41:31 PM by LarryBnDC usetab Knicks12 »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 14, 2018, 08:24:42 PM »

Well, you seem convinced REDSTATEWARD.  But then, someone like you wouldn't need convincing.

For voters not completely divorced from reality, Republicans had to run scary commercials shouting "Pelosi!" at the 11th hour in Ohio to keep from losing a House district they have held for 30 years.

Speaking of the Ohio House District. The democrat’s closing ad acknowledged the GOP attack on Pelosi with the laughable line of We need new leadership in both parties."
He lost.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 14, 2018, 08:27:10 PM »

So what?  Republicans couldn’t roll back the ACA either, that didn’t stop them from campaigning against it in 2010.  Lordy, do you get how politics works?  Evidently not.
go right ahead then. But you might remember the GOP ran on cutting taxes in 2016, they won, they cut taxes, Unemployment went down and GDP went up. If you want to reverse that then you really are the party bent on political Suicide.

Well it is confusing. You want to take back the tax cuts and you support the democrats. 
Regardles…If the Trump Tax Cuts were galvanizing for GOP voters GOP candidates would be running on them.  They are not.  Instead they are shouting scary words like “Immigrants!” and  “Pelosi!”  because that is all they have after two years of total control.

And the GOP have used that power to redistribute wealth toward their wealthy donors, and shield an epically unpopular, corrupt, venal and self-dealing white supremacist-loving President from any accountability to the American people.

Almost every time somebody takes the high road with this bunch of GOP "leaders" they get stabbed in the back, undermined, or trampled.

Maybe it’s because you are the racist.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #700 on: August 14, 2018, 08:42:36 PM »

Speaking of the Ohio House District. The democrat’s closing ad acknowledged the GOP attack on Pelosi with the laughable line of We need new leadership in both parties."
He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 14, 2018, 08:45:54 PM »

He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 14, 2018, 08:49:25 PM »

Red is fully prepared to be a post-impeachment never-trumper. Till then, he’s standing by his man and taking amoral perfidy and peddling obvious falsehood on the road. It won’t be till trump’s popularity hits 22% or 23% that we’ll see a peel away of supporters as thick as Red.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 14, 2018, 09:33:11 PM »

Trump is what?  German?  Do you think if young immigrant Germans were committing ghastly crimes vs children in the US en masse' he would act to do anything about stopping them at the southern border?

The fact that he is acting to protect LATINO youth in this nation (by going after MS13) and you are scoffing at it makes YOU seem racist, I'd say.  Maybe you'd be more behind it if little Jane and Jessie Whitegirl had been beheaded.
en masse? Nope. Not happening. That scare.tactic is the racism. Equating all immigration with MS13 is the racism.

And - protecting Latino youth be separating them from their parents at the border? Seriously? Sending them back - because this country sill eventually send them back - to the violence and danger they escaped protecting them? That's Orwellian logic.

MS13 is not an immigration problem. It is a law enforcement problem. Arresting parents and seizing minor children has nothing to do with MS13. That you and Trump argue it does is the racism.

Kids separated at the border can stay in the US.  That is the aim of many of the parents legitimately bringing the kids in.

Got any evidence to support that?

(see me not holding my breath)

You're kidding, right?

You're kidding, right?

Do you have evidence that the kids who were taken from their parents will be allowed to stay?

That's what I'm asking for.

I will let you research for yourself what the options are for kids detained at the border (family of course decides)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 14, 2018, 09:50:08 PM »

Maybe it’s because you are the racist.

Are you back to "I know you are, but what am I?" again?

Got any instances of me calling people nigger? How about my preventing Blacks from renting from me? My refusing to provide ongoing aid to Puerto Ricans? My indicating that I want Jews, not Blacks, doing my accounting?

Your feeble attempt to deflect attention from the Racist-in-Chief is duly noted.

But he's still a racist.

And you, just one of his many apologists, same as you are for the rest of your racist party.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 4288