Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583877 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4740 on: October 20, 2018, 04:39:23 PM »

It’s funny when the backer of a party made entirely of fake Americans starts scrambling for ways to change the subject and discredit opponents. It doesn’t make Warren less of a patriot and hero but it does bring to the fore Red’s deep seated fear of women.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: October 20, 2018, 05:29:58 PM »

Warren's DNA is just one more Trumpian distraction the Repubs hope to exploit as the mid-term approach. 

Its a non-story compared to any one of a gazillion real issues that impact voters and this country as we go forward.

But making fun of Pocahontas plays well with the base of deplorables.

Focus on the republicans theft of the Supreme Court, and the bullshit vetting of Kavanaugh, their vow to control women's right to choose, the $1.5 trillion robbery which threatens Medicare and SS, their missions to roll-back healtcare insurance for the vulnerable, and that the gutless republicans in Congress are so addicted to Trumps testosterone and so afraid they are incapable of acting as a real check to a deeply conflicted and contaminated Russian puppet in the White House.

Fucking VOTE

There is no excuse for not voting

VOTE- Before the fucking Republican party steals that from us too

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: October 20, 2018, 05:51:01 PM »

Unless you were planning to vote for republicans, in which case don’t. Stay home instead. Beat yourself with a wire hanger then spend the rest of the day apologizing to the United States Constitution for your complicity in letting the rats into the seed corn.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: October 20, 2018, 08:03:42 PM »

Warren's DNA is just one more Trumpian distraction the Repubs hope to exploit as the mid-term approach. 

Its a non-story compared to any one of a gazillion real issues that impact voters and this country as we go forward.

Focus on the republicans theft of the Supreme Court, and the bullshit vetting of Kavanaugh, their vow to control women's right to choose, the $1.5 trillion robbery which threatens Medicare and SS, their missions to roll-back healtcare insurance for the vulnerable, and that the gutless republicans in Congress are so addicted to Trumps testosterone and so afraid they are incapable of acting as a real check to a deeply conflicted and contaminated Russian puppet in the White House.

Fucking VOTE

I would - but they shifted from 6 to 4 polling places in my 1 square mile town.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #4745 on: October 20, 2018, 08:52:55 PM »

Fucking VOTE

I would - but they shifted from 6 to 4 polling places in my 1 square mile town.

Ain't just the miles that are square in your town,  boy.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #4747 on: October 20, 2018, 08:55:47 PM »

Unless you were planning to vote for republicans, in which case don’t. Stay home instead. Beat yourself with a wire hanger then spend the rest of the day apologizing to the United States Constitution for your complicity in letting the rats into the seed corn.

Heh.

https://youtu.be/tUkE9qaVgmo

barton

« Reply #4748 on: October 20, 2018, 09:03:15 PM »

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/letter-of-recommendation-for-a-basic-male-mfa-applicant
His dexterity in steering every conversation in the direction of David Foster Wallace has allowed him to skate through many such instances. What rare tenacity! 

Surely the writer infinitely jests. Heh.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: October 20, 2018, 09:42:17 PM »

Everyone has the right to vote [well, not some].
Those who do have the right to vote can choose...at least in America.
I'd rather people who don't know anything about politics, the issues, the candidates...stay home.

In bambuland voting is compulsory, and if you don't vote the govt man fines you.
If you don't pay the fine he cancels your driving licence.

The biggest menace at election time are the people voting who don't have a clue, and whose vote counts the same as those who are 'well informed'.

The Electoral College gives folks in rural America a voice...not only those in Blue NY and Blue CA.
There are other people in America. Manhattan and LA aren't '.America'
Which is only fair.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: October 20, 2018, 09:54:15 PM »

I voted today by mail-in ballot.

There were some important things on the ballot, things such as helping the homeless, the mentally ill, the disabled, and treating the farm animals better, and raising the minimum wage for workers, and other things.

And I voted for people who are going to keep the Angels in Anaheim, etc. I also voted to approve some new hotels and to create more jobs.

It is important to vote, and I did my part.

And I voted for Democrats, because I am against building the wall, and I want California to be a sanctuary state, and I want us to build our high speed trains, etc. I also care about our environment.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: October 20, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/letter-of-recommendation-for-a-basic-male-mfa-applicant

No wonder I didn't do very well at school...all that is basically 'double dutch' to me.
I could never write essays/anything more than a few lines really.
I never read 'the serious novels'...I could never understand them or remember much in them a few hours later.
If the said Timothy can do all that he deserves a degree.

The professor's recommendation letter is 'unbelievable', how can anyone write like that.
Guess that's why he's a professor.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: October 20, 2018, 10:06:39 PM »

I voted today by mail-in ballot.

There were some important things on the ballot, things such as helping the homeless, the mentally ill, the disabled, and treating the farm animals better, and raising the minimum wage for workers, and other things.

And I voted for people who are going to keep the Angels in Anaheim, etc. I also voted to approve some new hotels and to create more jobs.

It is important to vote, and I did my part.

And I voted for Democrats, because I am against building the wall, and I want California to be a sanctuary state, and I want us to build our high speed trains, etc. I also care about our environment.

Salute,

Tony V.

heh

Attaboy!

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: October 20, 2018, 10:29:00 PM »

Meanwhile....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/20/politics/donald-trump-us-arms-agreement-russia/index.html

Don't blame him, I'd be pulling America out of it too if I were U.S. President.

"Russia has violated the agreement. They've been violating it for many years," Trump told reporters

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: October 20, 2018, 10:32:55 PM »

Meanwhile....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/20/politics/donald-trump-us-arms-agreement-russia/index.html

Don't blame him, I'd be pulling America out of it too if I were U.S. President.

"Russia has violated the agreement. They've been violating it for many years," Trump told reporters

You are a tamper throwing infant and things you advocate for are invariably wrong.

What will spew next from your broken brain?

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 4288