Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1994395 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4995 on: October 26, 2018, 05:24:32 PM »

Help  Wanted Ad

Williams College (Massachusetts)

Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. We are especially interested in individuals who have experience with diverse populations who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of athletic opportunities at Williams. Candidates from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.

The Job Opening?

Assistant Coach of NORDIC SKIING.

You understand that nordic skiing is a TYPE of skiing that was developed in Scandinavia, right?  It doesn't mean skiing done exclusively by Nordic people.  And you don't have to be German to train German Shepherds.  Or Swedish to cook Swedish meatballs.  Or Finnish to sit in a sauna.  Or a French hairstylist to give someone a French Braid.  Surely this concept is not that difficult for you to grasp?
LOL
You never disappoint.
Neither do you. Bart gently pointed out the racist presumptions you made in finding standard HR EEO job posting buzzwords amusing when applied to a specific positkon. You, having no response, replied with deflection.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: October 26, 2018, 05:28:18 PM »

And now - Shep Smith will tell us how Trump DID almost force this man to bomb Democrats..

Fucking prick.
Well, he is a white Christian conservative, so he gets to be individually crazy rather than a symbol of a dangerous "belief matrix" we need to combat.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: October 26, 2018, 06:16:48 PM »

Help  Wanted Ad

Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. We are especially interested in individuals who have experience with diverse populations who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of athletic opportunities at Williams. Candidates from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.

The Job Opening?

You understand that nordic skiing is a TYPE of skiing that was developed in Scandinavia, right?  It doesn't mean skiing done exclusively by Nordic people.  And you don't have to be German to train German Shepherds.  Or Swedish to cook Swedish meatballs.  Or Finnish to sit in a sauna.  Or a French hairstylist to give someone a French Braid.  Surely this concept is not that difficult for you to grasp?
LOL
You never disappoint.
Neither do you. Bart gently pointed out the racist presumptions you made in finding standard HR EEO job posting buzzwords amusing when applied to a specific positkon. You, having no response, replied with deflection.
Never let it be said you would overlook any situation, however preposterous, to work “ racist” into a reply.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: October 26, 2018, 06:22:48 PM »

---This is Cesar Sayoc, the Florida man suspected of sending pipe bombs---

An easy job for CSI. A lone wolf crazy with a long history of criminal acts. Not the brightest of bulbs.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: October 26, 2018, 06:45:26 PM »

The democrats exploded Christine Blasey Ford’s bombshell (at the last minute) to drive a wedge between Republicans and female voters. It backfired. Trump gained 7 per cent in approval ratings and the “ Blue Wave” is but a ripple.

Now the democrats are silent ( scared shitless) on the impending “ caravan” of Honduran illegals which is , in reality, the Kavanaugh nomination all over again.

No wonder NEEDS ADJUSTMENT is awol.

Some adjustments on the relevant issues:

- Not sure what information you have that we don't, but most of us will know Nov 7 if its a wave or a ripple.  Point of fact, the same NPR/Marist polling that started the theory that the Democrats attempts to correctly show Kavanaugh's being unqualified for the SCOTUS backfired now shows Democrats back up to a +10 generic lead.
Nothing like missing the forest for the trees. But plow ahead, blithely.

- Not even Rasmussen is registering a 7 percent gain in Trump's approval ratings.  Post-Kavanaugh, or any other time.
The poll I referenced was Gallup. But I made a typo. The actual increase was 17 per cent.
- The Honduran members of the "caravan" are not "illegal" and won't even be so when they present themselves at the border in order to seek asylum.   That is, in fact, completely legal.  But your buy-in to the lies and deception related to the "caravan" is noted.

- Democrats are not silent on the "caravan" they see it as a non-event because it is being over-hyped by Trump and his lick-spittle GOP to scare supporters to the polls.  You know who will be silent about the "caravan?"  Trump and the GOP, post-election.  It will be dropped as an issue as quickly as the Ebola invaders was in 2014.
I bet you lose that bet if you make it.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: October 26, 2018, 06:55:43 PM »

In defense of Megyn Kelly...

There was nothing racist about Richard Pryor dressing Gene Wilder up as a black man in "Silver Streak." It was very funny. No one ever accused Gene Wilder of being racist. Richard Pryor even said that they would be okay as long as they did not run into any Muslims. So in some cases, white people dressing up as black people can be funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAxvukW9dA

Damon Wayans could dress Jim Carrey up as a black man right now, and people would laugh, and they would never be called racist.

People need to lighten up. People need to stop being so militant. They want to ruin someone's entire life over anything that remotely resembles racism, and it is all baloney. People need to chill.

She should not have lost her job over this.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:04:44 PM by FlyingVProd »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: October 26, 2018, 07:01:12 PM »

Help  Wanted Ad

The Job Opening?

LOL
You never disappoint.
Never let it be said you would overlook any situation, however preposterous, to work “ racist” into a reply.
You keep making it relevant a d appropriate.  That is hardly my fault.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: October 26, 2018, 07:15:08 PM »

---This is Cesar Sayoc, the Florida man suspected of sending pipe bombs---

An easy job for CSI. A lone wolf crazy with a long history of criminal acts. Not the brightest of bulbs.
As an incredibly perceptive, and indeed prescient poster recently noted:

"Well, he is a white Christian conservative, so he gets to be individually crazy rather than a symbol of a dangerous "belief matrix" we need to combat."

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: October 26, 2018, 07:30:19 PM »

Help  Wanted Ad

The Job Opening?

LOL
You never disappoint.
You keep making it relevant a d appropriate.  That is hardly my fault.
I think it is in your ID.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5004 on: October 26, 2018, 08:00:17 PM »

In defense of Megyn Kelly...

There was nothing racist about Richard Pryor dressing Gene Wilder up as a black man in "Silver Streak." It was very funny. No one ever accused Gene Wilder of being racist. Richard Pryor even said that they would be okay as long as they did not run into any Muslims. So in some cases, white people dressing up as black people can be funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAxvukW9dA

Damon Wayans could dress Jim Carrey up as a black man right now, and people would laugh, and they would never be called racist.

People need to lighten up. People need to stop being so militant. They want to ruin someone's entire life over anything that remotely resembles racism, and it is all baloney. People need to chill.

She should not have lost her job over this.

Salute,

Tony V.

Silver Streak was 40 years ago.

Funny as hell, though...

One of my favorite films is Young Frankenstein but I wouldn’t recommend my grandkids watch it because of the rape scene...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: October 26, 2018, 08:32:12 PM »

Happy to see Megan go. Hoisted by her own pethard. Opportunistic bimbo with no personality. Worst hire in NBC history?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5006 on: October 26, 2018, 08:45:28 PM »

Happy to see Megan go. Hoisted by her own pethard. Opportunistic bimbo with no personality. Worst hire in NBC history?

Nah, that’s probably still Fred Silverman...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: October 26, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »

Remember the conspiracy theories after 9-11? The FBI, Mossad. The obvious choice now would be an unstable white supremacist. Giving the Donald his due, there does seem to be a sharp downturn from the almost daily jihadi bombathons and shootings under BHO.

No, you're in error.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #5008 on: October 26, 2018, 09:04:23 PM »

I think it is in your ID.

Not that I had any plans of revisiting that conversational cul-de-sac, but that comment to Boz seems pretty enigmatic. 

I support,  as always, Redward,  your right to be individually crazy rather than symbolic of a dangerous belief matrix.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: October 26, 2018, 09:11:54 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 4288