Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1597469 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6765 on: December 01, 2018, 11:42:29 AM »

If Poppy hadn't reproduced,  we might have had John McCain as our 43rd potus. 

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: December 01, 2018, 05:30:25 PM »

The man had a helluva resume and served his country in many capacities. I didn't always agree with him, but I believe he served with the best of intentions for doing what was he felt was in he best interest of this country.

His greatest fault may have been in not more faithfully practicing birth control.

RIP Mr. President

Heh

Prick.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: December 01, 2018, 05:53:39 PM »

The man had a helluva resume and served his country in many capacities. I didn't always agree with him, but I believe he served with the best of intentions for doing what was he felt was in he best interest of this country.

His greatest fault may have been in not more faithfully practicing birth control.

RIP Mr. President

Heh

Prick.

No need to call the late President Bush names, Kiid, no matter how you felt about him.

Yeah, he did plenty of damage to plenty of individuals, but still... he was no Trump!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: December 01, 2018, 06:09:02 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/politics/six-white-house-officials-hatch-act/index.html

Six more White House officials have been found guilty of violating the Hatch Act.

They won't get more than notification of the violations (which we imagine they knew when they did it), unless they become repeat (caught) offenders.

But it is just another indication of the corruption of this administration.

During the Obama administration, there were 2 cases in which the OSC concluded there had been violations of the Hatch Act by officials and 2 other cases in which the accusation was made, in EIGHT years.

The Trump administration is up to 9 violations in under TWO years!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: December 01, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »

https://truthout.org/video/the-senates-yemen-vote-is-a-historic-first/

This marks the first time the US Senate has voted to revoke funding for an unauthorized military escapade using the War Powers Resolution Act.

It's not a done deal, yet, but a final vote is coming up soon, probably.

There were votes against it -- some of whom were GOP senators who have received plenty of money from the Saudis. Gee, who would have guessed?!

(NOTE: this has been a bi-partisan travesty, until now. Perhaps it can be ended that way, as well.)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:26:47 PM by josh »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: December 01, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »

RIP Mr. President

Heh

Prick.

Provocative, kid.

Let me see, you were disappointed with his "thousand points of light"?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: December 01, 2018, 07:05:57 PM »

Somebody in DC thinks that there should be a response to the callous and bold murder of Washington Post journalist Khashoggi.

And if this is the best we can do, it is more than nothing. I am sure it will grate on the senses of the Saudis if it comes to pass.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/29/politics/khashoggi-street-renaming-trnd/index.html

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: December 01, 2018, 07:19:51 PM »

Meanwhile, at the G20, Trump continued to show his grasp of protocol and procedure while on the world stage, at least until he can get off it!

https://twitter.com/TopRopeTravis/status/1068926291896864776?s=19

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: December 01, 2018, 08:02:04 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/politics/six-white-house-officials-hatch-act/index.html

Six more White House officials have been found guilty of violating the Hatch Act.

They won't get more than notification of the violations (which we imagine they knew when they did it), unless they become repeat (caught) offenders.

But it is just another indication of the corruption of this administration.

During the Obama administration, there were 2 cases in which the OSC concluded there had been violations of the Hatch Act by officials and 2 other cases in which the accusation was made, in EIGHT years.

The Trump administration is up to 9 violations in under TWO years!
Guilty is.the wrong term. But that is what happens when you work for someone with no understanding of.ethics.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: December 01, 2018, 08:21:00 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: December 01, 2018, 08:30:54 PM »

Antisemitism is alive and well in Paris, as well as in the US White House:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/11/europe/antisemitism-poll-2018-intl/

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Trump fixes VA!
« Reply #6777 on: December 02, 2018, 01:17:39 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/veterans-affairs-dept-tells-congressional-staffers-it-won-t-repay-n941491

Yeah, those vets are in a fix, now!

"Sure, we underpaid them. And yeah, we told Congress we would reimburse them.

But we lied. We have no plans to reimburse them the underpayments, because then we would have to figure out how much they are owed and we don't want to!"

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6778 on: December 02, 2018, 01:21:01 AM »

If your party’s electoral strategy depends on fewer people voting it means you know your policies suck for most people.

California Republicans see what happens when more voters vote, and they don't like it one bit

https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-voters-cal-20181130-story.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: December 02, 2018, 03:28:06 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 4288