Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1609086 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #8115 on: January 07, 2019, 11:18:34 PM »

You have to sit back and appreciate how whack-a-doodle you need to be to believe this 4,000 terrorist thing.  Really?  In one year 4,000 terrorists tried to enter the country?  Next to how many attacks?  What, we stopped them all?  Pure and shameless fear mongering.

Its in line with the Minnesota woman who was so whipped up by Trump's rhetoric she feared that the people in the caravan were going to take up residence at her lake house when she wasn't there.  And this is the kind of tin-foil hat thinking these people are trying to base our national policy on.

4000 is a real number

From fiscal 2017.

LOL.  Like I said...

4,000 is a real number.  As is 8,549,639.

The point is that it doesn't mean what you think it means.

As it was explained for fiscal 2017...yes, I understand it fully.

Ms Sanders had the year wrong.  And initially - if the Fox and Friends quote is accurate, she misspoke badly re: the number and the Southern border..

Are we attributing any "4000" quotes to President Trump?

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: January 07, 2019, 11:20:01 PM »

Octavio-Cortez is the latest practitioner of the “ unofficial” democrat party National Anthem:
When things go wrong I feel real bad.
I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

My apologies to The Animals.
The right's obsession with AOC is hilarious.
In sports lingo she committed an unforced error.
Then had no moral compass to apologize.
You probably have no idea why this is so fucking hilarious.
i think Octavio-Cortez is anything but funny. She is disgustingly stupid.

Having you accuse her of being stupid is hilarious.

Dismiss her as stupid, flighty, insignificant, then you don't need to address her arguments.  When they have merit:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/4/18168431/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-70-percent

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/05/opinion/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-tax-policy-dance.html

As evidenced here by his posts, and as evidenced by the response to the above by GOP Congresspeople like Steve Scalise, neither REDSTATEWARD nor Republicans are capable of debating her argument on its merits, with facts. 

Which then leads to the obsession, and need to DESTROY!!! her (while true that she has been getting a lot of media attention, that is in no small part due to the Right's focus on her...what she is wearing, how she danced in college, exactly how poor her parents were...naturally not on anything substantive.

The RIGHT!

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: January 07, 2019, 11:25:08 PM »

You have to sit back and appreciate how whack-a-doodle you need to be to believe this 4,000 terrorist thing.  Really?  In one year 4,000 terrorists tried to enter the country?  Next to how many attacks?  What, we stopped them all?  Pure and shameless fear mongering.

Its in line with the Minnesota woman who was so whipped up by Trump's rhetoric she feared that the people in the caravan were going to take up residence at her lake house when she wasn't there.  And this is the kind of tin-foil hat thinking these people are trying to base our national policy on.

4000 is a real number

From fiscal 2017.

LOL.  Like I said...

Ms Sanders had the year wrong.  And initially - if the Fox and Friends quote is accurate, she misspoke badly re: the number and the Southern border..

The year was irrelevant. You are hopeless.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: January 07, 2019, 11:25:23 PM »

4000 is a real number

From fiscal 2017.

LOL.  Like I said...

You are so full of shit.

4000 wasn't the question.

4000 IDENTIFIED TERRORISTS or SUSPECTED TERRORISTS AT THE SOUTHERN BORDER was the issue.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: January 07, 2019, 11:25:50 PM »

4000 is a real number

From fiscal 2017.

LOL.  Like I said...

"She misspoke badly..."
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: January 07, 2019, 11:36:55 PM »

4000 is a real number

From fiscal 2017.

LOL.  Like I said...

"She misspoke badly..."

And doubled down on it the next day.

It wasn't misspeaking.

It was lying.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #8121 on: January 07, 2019, 11:51:49 PM »

Schrodinger's aliens.   That has potential as a meme.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/fact-check-did-u-s-catch-4-000-terrorists-southern-n954796

There you go,  kiddo.   

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: January 07, 2019, 11:56:56 PM »

4000 is a real number

From fiscal 2017.

LOL.  Like I said...

4000 IDENTIFIED TERRORISTS or SUSPECTED TERRORISTS AT THE SOUTHERN BORDER was the issue.

Yes.

I just watched the video from Friday.

She tossed in "southern border" and the statement became a mess.

The 4000 is real.

Is "we are most vulnerable at our southern border" real?  Case can be made without numbers.  Seems we are doing a nice job at the airports.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: January 07, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »

4000 is a real number

From fiscal 2017.

LOL.  Like I said...

Yes.

I just watched the video from Friday.

She tossed in "southern border" and the statement became a mess.

The 4000 is real.

Is "we are most vulnerable at our southern border" real?  Case can be made without numbers.  Seems we are doing a nice job at the airports.

"Case can be made without numbers."

The State Department says it isn't.

The former head of anti-terrorism said that the idea of terrorists coming that way was always more a theoretical notion than a real one.

Go right ahead and make the case, Kiiid. Love to hear it.

Include entire quotes, if you are going to claim anybody said anything, since you insist on defending the indefensible after getting the quotes you demand.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: January 08, 2019, 12:00:55 AM »

Go ahead - someone say it

Say, "we are not at ALL vulnerable at our southern border"

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: January 08, 2019, 12:05:06 AM »

Go ahead - someone say it

Say, "we are not at ALL vulnerable at our southern border"
Zero.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: January 08, 2019, 12:14:34 AM »

Theoretical notion.

Exactly.

You don't wait for it to happen.

The shoe bomber was theoretical.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: January 08, 2019, 12:20:52 AM »

Its about the drugs as well.  And the criminal element that you would conveniently not lump in with names on terrorist lists.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: January 08, 2019, 12:24:46 AM »

Theoretical notion.

Exactly.

You don't wait for it to happen.

The shoe bomber was theoretical.

Try to follow the discussion, kiidcarter8.  You are free to discuss the theoretical merits of the wall.  But it is FACT that the Trump Administration has not used the "theoretical" to justify spending tens of billions of dollars on building a wall.  They have used lies. 
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: January 08, 2019, 12:26:17 AM »

Its about the drugs as well.  And the criminal element that you would conveniently not lump in with names on terrorist lists.

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best...They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

Nope, we haven't forgotten Trump's true reasons for advocating for a wall.  Nor yours for supporting him.
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 4288