Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1613100 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #9735 on: February 11, 2019, 03:56:59 PM »

Sounds like Josh's stance is that immigrants should be able to just come into the US, futz around for a year, then decide whether they want asylum or they will return from where they came.  A TRIAL year, so to speak.  With nobody bothering you.

Sounds like your problem is with the law, not with me.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: February 11, 2019, 04:00:22 PM »

Josh, when I tried to log in from an android last night and this a.m. I got a "banned" screen.  Looks like someone else got it, too.  Seems to be okay from this desktop.  Is there a problem with IP addresses from mobiles and tablets?

Sorry - I tried to block a ton of spammers all at once and apparently your IP was among those I caught.

I have undone that ban and will see if I can fine tune it or if I am going to have to deal with that one piecemeal.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: February 11, 2019, 06:20:38 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-and-friends-on-russia-probes-its-not-like-this-is-benghazi-or-whitewater?source=articles&via=rss

It's not like the Russia probe is like Benghazi or Whitewater.

Well... they're right that it isn't!

They just have it backwards, more than a little bit.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: February 11, 2019, 08:05:27 PM »

Josh, when I tried to log in from an android last night and this a.m. I got a "banned" screen.  Looks like someone else got it, too.  Seems to be okay from this desktop.  Is there a problem with IP addresses from mobiles and tablets?

Sorry - I tried to block a ton of spammers all at once and apparently your IP was among those I caught.

I have undone that ban and will see if I can fine tune it or if I am going to have to deal with that one piecemeal.
It hasnt worked for everybody on here.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: February 11, 2019, 08:11:59 PM »

Ditto on the banning message when I try to acccess via phone.

If you get the chance...

thanks

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: February 11, 2019, 08:13:42 PM »

And Budget Negotiations broke down over the number of beds allowed at the border.
Dems want criminals counted equally wth all others.
Virginia squirrel alert the most obvious motive for this new demand.

Facts

- The limit on detention beds for people rounded up in the interior is not a new demand.  It was part of the Democrat’s opening negotiation 10 days ago.
- It is not about “criminals counted equally” just the opposite. The point of the bed limit is to get ICE to focus on detaining criminals over non-criminal and/or non-violent offenders.
- Republicans, through ICE, have the ability to provide facts on the current 20,000 detained from the interior to make the argument that they are all criminals but for some reason have not done so.
- Trump, after having ten days to respond to this issue, is doing so now at the last minute only after it has become clear that negotiators, from both sides, are not giving him the requested wall money.

As you were.

LOL Swing and another miss. You do that a lot.
PS Josh, changed my login because my previous one was banned.  I’m assuming that is a mistake that can be corrected?
Hasnt been yet.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:15:43 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: February 11, 2019, 08:47:43 PM »

News Item

Border deal.
Government Shutdown averted.
52%

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: February 11, 2019, 09:28:28 PM »

AMERICA FIRST!!!!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: February 11, 2019, 09:49:53 PM »

Well, if that didn't do it, I don't know what will.

(I suppose the fallback of reading the manual would be next!)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: February 11, 2019, 10:10:12 PM »

I watched some of Beto's rally in El Paso.

He certainly is high energy. I don't think that will be enough, but I have certainly been wrong before.

He doesn't feel viable to me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: February 11, 2019, 10:19:39 PM »

barton

« Reply #9746 on: February 11, 2019, 10:35:11 PM »

Well, if that didn't do it, I don't know what will.

(I suppose the fallback of reading the manual would be next!)

Works fine now with Android.  Thanks - i don't mind a small inconvenience if you bagged some spammers.   Agree re Beto.  He has charisma and all, but just doesn't seem quite there.  Needs to scuff up his shoes a little.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: February 11, 2019, 11:02:42 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: February 11, 2019, 11:17:43 PM »

https://twitter.com/BuckSexton/status/1095151604758691842

Can't say anything of substance, so he attacks Beto for being too near Trump's loud speaker system.

Talk about your salient talking points!

And you thought that was worth posting?!

Hah!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: February 12, 2019, 02:29:25 AM »

Good news!

Not everybody in Australia is as heartless and thoughtless as Bambi:

Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 4288