Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1792659 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #12390 on: April 08, 2019, 06:47:00 PM »

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: April 08, 2019, 07:23:31 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: April 08, 2019, 07:39:30 PM »

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: April 08, 2019, 07:40:49 PM »

With a tax cut.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: April 08, 2019, 07:44:15 PM »

Open borders seems to be the strawman of the year.   No member of either major party advocates an open border policy.  But clueless partisans keep insisting that's the case.   Zzzzzzz.

Has any Dem candidate pinpointed what exactly their stance is on border security........ other than "I favor controlling the border".?

"I am against separating families"

Simplistic.  But I guess that's the best way to go for them - nothing more.

When asked "Is allowing gang members entry into our nation acceptable collateral damage for proper immigration policy?" - what would they say?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: April 08, 2019, 08:16:19 PM »

Open borders seems to be the strawman of the year.   No member of either major party advocates an open border policy.  But clueless partisans keep insisting that's the case.   Zzzzzzz.

Has any Dem candidate pinpointed what exactly their stance is on border security........ other than "I favor controlling the border".?

When asked "Is allowing gang members entry into our nation acceptable collateral damage for proper immigration policy?" - what would they say?
Obama has.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: April 08, 2019, 08:42:20 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: April 08, 2019, 08:44:55 PM »

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/-korver-utah-jazz-nba

Two concepts that I’ve been thinking about a lot lately are guilt and responsibility.

When it comes to racism in America, I think that guilt and responsibility tend to be seen as more or less the same thing. But I’m beginning to understand how there’s a real difference.

As white people, are we guilty of the sins of our forefathers? No, I don’t think so.

But are we responsible for them? Yes, I believe we are.

And I guess I’ve come to realize that when we talk about solutions to systemic racism — police reform, workplace diversity, affirmative action, better access to healthcare, even reparations? It’s not about guilt. It’s not about pointing fingers, or passing blame.

Not quite "look out for yourself, because nobody else is going to."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: April 08, 2019, 08:53:25 PM »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/8/1847952/-The-entire-biophysical-system-of-the-Arctic-is-shifting-toward-an-unprecedented-state?utm_campaign=trending

Oh, those lying scientists!

Now they have gotten the keeper of the Arctic to collaborate with them, faking that it's warm by cutting down on the ice up there. SMDH.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: April 08, 2019, 08:55:00 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: April 08, 2019, 09:08:02 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: April 08, 2019, 09:24:55 PM »

https://newrepublic.com/article/153264/rise-right-wing-nationalism-jeopardizing-world-health

Why is polio not yet eradicated?
It has 
Why is measles surging?
Because they aren't

You are such a fool.

Polio is eradicated in a lot of places, but it's not gone yet. Will it be gone soon? That was expected a while ago, but it didn't happen.
https://reliefweb.int/report/pakistan/polio-week-3-april-2019

Measles is surging both in the US and internationally:
https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/alarming-surge-in-measles-cases-in-the-past-week-1481974851972

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/measles-alarming-surge-in-outbreaks-in-98-countries/

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12402 on: April 08, 2019, 09:30:55 PM »

They’d say:

“Why didn’t you build your fucking wall when you had supermajorities and the White House?”

Because you don’t give a shit about any of that. This is a game plan to make America Stay White.
The policies and the rhetoric coming from your side of the aisle is already ethnic cleansing and we ain’t that far from some serious 1930s Germany shit.

White America is being tested and she is failing,

Taking away children from their parents who were DESPERATE enough to walk their asses a thousand miles. Doing it on purpose. The cruelty is a feature and not a bug.

White America you are being tested and you are failing.
All you guys are trying to do is appeal to the fear and racism of those flyover good ol boys (and suburban Chads) to make them willingly transfer their labor into the pockets of those who pay to market fear and racism to those who blame brown people for their plight so they respond to their fear and racism and next thing you know it’s noche de vidrios rotos in the barrios...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:00:53 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12403 on: April 08, 2019, 09:33:12 PM »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/8/1847952/-The-entire-biophysical-system-of-the-Arctic-is-shifting-toward-an-unprecedented-state?utm_campaign=trending

Oh, those lying scientists!

Now they have gotten the keeper of the Arctic to collaborate with them, faking that it's warm by cutting down on the ice up there. SMDH.

Ask these know nothing assholesehy Trump’s business is fighting with Ireland to get a seawall built around his golf course.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: April 08, 2019, 09:39:07 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 4288