Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1876124 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15870 on: June 28, 2019, 02:41:30 AM »

---Nancy Pelosi <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Jun 27 at 2:35 PM

I emailed.
Barney Frank emailed.
My team at Democratic HQ emailed.
Carole King emailed.
Now I’m emailing you again.

That’s how much my Democratic Majority and I are depending on your help and $1 right now.

I told you we’re up against unprecedented Republican fundraising -- money Trump will use to defeat my Majority and enact all of his abhorrent policy platforms.

Trump wants to rip away your health care, decimate your Medicare and Social Security, and continue his fear-mongering campaign against our immigrant communities.

I simply cannot let Trump and his Republicans prevail.
 I need you to know: Defending our Democratic Majority is the only way to stop Trump’s horrific agenda.

I’m depending on 4O,691 more supporters to step up and show Trump the strength of our grassroots movement before Sunday’s critical Mid-Year Deadline.

can I count on your $1 to protect and expand my Majority?---

Dear nancee
But I do not want cheap nannies, sharing social services, a tightened job market, crime problems, and English as a second language.  Why not  just  stick to the basics and stop adding elitist lost causes? Maybe then I will give you a buck and my vote. How many elections must you need to lose?

Dear Nancy,

Lueey prefers that children be locked up and mistreated over supporting the Dems.

He considers fighting against tax cuts for the wealthy to be "elitist lost causes."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #15871 on: June 28, 2019, 09:00:47 AM »

Didn't watch, but sounds like Joe is continuing to reveal he's behind the curve, losing relevance and mostly coasting on past good will in the Party.    I knew Kamala would shine.   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15872 on: June 28, 2019, 09:10:09 AM »

These "debates" could have been held in my basement and I wouldn't have watched. Consider it a protest.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

barton

« Reply #15873 on: June 28, 2019, 09:17:54 AM »

Right on.   Tired of fields of dozens with at most 5 viables...and I'm still inclined to view offyears as offyears.    I never really wanted to stuff my noggin with candidate resumes in 2019.   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15874 on: June 28, 2019, 09:22:19 AM »

This is what happens with the demise of party bosses and smoke-filled rooms.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15875 on: June 28, 2019, 10:10:30 AM »

These "debates" could have been held in my basement and I wouldn't have watched. Consider it a protest.

I will consider you uninformed, if that's ok.

I picked your Dem President a while back - am I going to have to do it again?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15876 on: June 28, 2019, 10:12:42 AM »

Leo McGarry tried to do it that way - and instead the PEOPLE spoke - and we got President Matthew Santos.

Smoke filled room may very well have given you Hillary Clinton in 2008.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15877 on: June 28, 2019, 10:15:47 AM »

Uninformed? You think listening to likes of Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang makes one informed? I know it's an alien concept to you, but I know how to read. In more than 280 characters at a time.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:20:23 AM by Yankguy1 »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15878 on: June 28, 2019, 10:22:18 AM »

Leo McGarry tried to do it that way - and instead the PEOPLE spoke - and we got President Matthew Santos.

Smoke filled room may very well have given you Hillary Clinton in 2008.
Very possible and possible she would have lost to McCain.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15879 on: June 28, 2019, 10:25:11 AM »

I watched about half of each. Mostly to figure out who is dropping out in the next few.weeks, and to see who can work carefully crafted comments into their responses while making it look spontaneous.  Hello President Harris. So long Rep..Salwell, if only for attributing "the torch is passed" to Biden.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15880 on: June 28, 2019, 10:28:11 AM »

I will consider you uninformed, if that's ok.

Considering that not watching a dog and pony show makes you uninformed is a product of the same thinking that concludes you can learn a lot from flyers.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15881 on: June 28, 2019, 11:04:32 AM »

Yes.  Because "flyers" show how you handle pressure and time constraints, express yourself publicly and think on your feet.

As for resume's - I don't consider them while watching debates.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15882 on: June 28, 2019, 11:07:00 AM »

Uninformed? You think listening to likes of Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang makes one informed? I know it's an alien concept to you, but I know how to read. In more than 280 characters at a time.

Andrew Yang can't have a thought that may be relevant to youyr party and the nation moving forward?

Racist, sexist, YG?

heh...   poor optics with that post.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #15883 on: June 28, 2019, 11:20:42 AM »

OK did some research, when and why did the democratic party become the defender of chain migration. Two words; Ted Kennedy. Guilt over Mary Jo?

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/beckr/september-2-2009/te

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15884 on: June 28, 2019, 11:20:59 AM »

Andrew Yang can't have a thought that may be relevant to youyr party and the nation moving forward?

Racist, sexist, YG?

heh...   poor optics with that post.
Only for people who can't see.  I'll indulge you and add DeBlasio and Inslee.  Feel better?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:27:29 AM by Yankguy1 »
Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 4288