Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1874101 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15900 on: June 28, 2019, 12:53:09 PM »

I don't know.  Maybe he should have spoken more plain english.

If we agree - that is always a good thing.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15901 on: June 28, 2019, 12:54:51 PM »

You believe that thinking on one's feet is an important skill for a President?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

barton

« Reply #15902 on: June 28, 2019, 12:55:23 PM »

Kid knows stuff.

I don't know who half the candidates are, but I'm sure things would have been better if Marianne had burned some sage first to purify the atmosphere. 

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15903 on: June 28, 2019, 01:29:00 PM »

This is what happens with the demise of party bosses and smoke-filled rooms.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15904 on: June 28, 2019, 01:32:43 PM »

I like there are so many out there competing to get their message out. Dismissing folks who aren’t considered “Heavyweights” ignores the ideas these folks have that inspired their supporters to give them enough money and effort to get them on the stage.

Time will winnow down the field so what’s the rush to throw away passionate segments of the Democratic coalition?

We don’t have to push them off the stage,just let them quietly drop out over the next few weeks and keep their followers engaged through the rest of the process.

Notice not many folks talking about Bernie... the Bros won’t like that. I expect them to go HAM on every woman in the race...

All the "debates" have shown is how disorganized the Democratic party is, and it has a lot of work to do in crafting a coherent message to the American people.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15905 on: June 28, 2019, 01:48:44 PM »

I like there are so many out there competing to get their message out. Dismissing folks who aren’t considered “Heavyweights” ignores the ideas these folks have that inspired their supporters to give them enough money and effort to get them on the stage.

Time will winnow down the field so what’s the rush to throw away passionate segments of the Democratic coalition?

We don’t have to push them off the stage,just let them quietly drop out over the next few weeks and keep their followers engaged through the rest of the process.

Notice not many folks talking about Bernie... the Bros won’t like that. I expect them to go HAM on every woman in the race...

All the "debates" have shown is how disorganized the Democratic party is, and it has a lot of work to do in crafting a coherent message to the American people.

Not disorganized, it is inclusive. Why not spend a few months passing around the megaphone and spreading Democratic ideals for a wide variety of policies from border to border and sea to Sea?
Giving these candidates their space will make it easier for their supporters to move their energy to a smaller and smaller group of candidates.

Chance are these voters won’t become the “or Bust” Bernie bros or the idiots who literally pissed away their votes on Jill Stein.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15906 on: June 28, 2019, 02:07:57 PM »

Not disorganized, it is inclusive. Why not spend a few months passing around the megaphone and spreading Democratic ideals for a wide variety of policies from border to border and sea to Sea?
Giving these candidates their space will make it easier for their supporters to move their energy to a smaller and smaller group of candidates.

Chance are these voters won’t become the “or Bust” Bernie bros or the idiots who literally pissed away their votes on Jill Stein.
I thought the debates were precisely as organized and had precisely the coherent message that you would expect from 20 candidates competing against each other for attention, air time, and votes. Slightly better than the 2015 first Repo debates because the responses seemed more issue and policy focused (Ms. Williamson self confessedly excepted), less personal (both each other and opponents) and no one has referred to the size of his penis. Yet.

If there are still double figures in candidates when New Hamphire rolls around, that is different.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15907 on: June 28, 2019, 02:08:18 PM »

Kid knows stuff.

Hey, nice - that one is catching on.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15908 on: June 28, 2019, 02:11:21 PM »

Larry is on the mark with his last few comments.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15909 on: June 28, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »

Just saw some debate highlights.
Biden looks older than I expected -- I haven't seen him in a while.
Also, didn't seem that well-prepared.   Hard to believe he will stay in front.

I think Warren is pretty great.  I've been sold on her for years. 
I like Kamala.  Smart and incisive.  But it's early for her.  Would make a good Veep.  Sanders probably my 3rd choice at this stage.

I like the loaded field and democracy in action.
It's an interesting field.  Good stuff.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15910 on: June 28, 2019, 03:09:00 PM »

Next.debate at the end of July has the same rules for qualifying. Meaning there could be even more on stage. Time.for Sethmania!
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15911 on: June 28, 2019, 04:13:53 PM »

Just saw some debate highlights.
Biden looks older than I expected -- I haven't seen him in a while.
Also, didn't seem that well-prepared.   Hard to believe he will stay in front.

I think Warren is pretty great.  I've been sold on her for years. 
I like Kamala.  Smart and incisive.  But it's early for her.  Would make a good Veep.  Sanders probably my 3rd choice at this stage.

I like the loaded field and democracy in action.
It's an interesting field.  Good stuff.

Harris ain’t running for Veep.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15912 on: June 28, 2019, 04:14:30 PM »

Larry is on the mark with his last few comments.

heh

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15913 on: June 28, 2019, 04:16:50 PM »

I don't know.  Maybe he should have spoken more plain english.

If we agree - that is always a good thing.

Here is the article and photos of the flyers/pamphlets;

smh = 'Sydney Morning Herald'...major newspaper...ok to click on.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/much-can-be-learned-trump-praises-australia-s-asylum-seeker-policy-20190627-p521rq.html

'Much can be learned!': Trump praises Australia's asylum seeker policy

US President Donald Trump has praised Australia's "Illegal Immigration" policy just hours before he is due to meet Prime Minister Scott Morrison for dinner at the G20 summit in Japan.

"These flyers depict Australia's policy on Illegal Immigration. Much can be learned!" Mr Trump tweeted on Thursday morning local time.

#####

Flyers/pamphlets dropped from the sky etc, spread around in relative areas.

Wise man that Mr Trump, he can see what works.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15914 on: June 28, 2019, 04:32:08 PM »

Here’s an example of the “Illiberal Left” using extreme imagery to advance a political message and I’d use such every day of the week and twice on Sunday to abolish these immoral and unAmerican policies of this Administration.

Fuck the GOP donor base and their fucking enablers.

You won't like the end result of open borders, with anyone and everyone who so desires just walking in by the millions.
Eventually you will be paying for them to live in resort hotels after all the available free housing has been used up...as happened in Australia when the Left opened the floodgates [that had been shut] and 50,000 asylum-seekers poured in on 800 boats...and 1000+ men, women, children, and babies perished at sea/on rocks.
Or your parks will be squalid tent cities.
You, will be paying, in more than one way.

Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 4288