Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870331 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15930 on: June 28, 2019, 05:32:34 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15931 on: June 28, 2019, 05:38:18 PM »

I like there are so many out there competing to get their message out. Dismissing folks who aren’t considered “Heavyweights” ignores the ideas these folks have that inspired their supporters to give them enough money and effort to get them on the stage.

Time will winnow down the field so what’s the rush to throw away passionate segments of the Democratic coalition?

We don’t have to push them off the stage,just let them quietly drop out over the next few weeks and keep their followers engaged through the rest of the process.

Notice not many folks talking about Bernie... the Bros won’t like that. I expect them to go HAM on every woman in the race...

All the "debates" have shown is how disorganized the Democratic party is, and it has a lot of work to do in crafting a coherent message to the American people.

Not disorganized, it is inclusive. Why not spend a few months passing around the megaphone and spreading Democratic ideals for a wide variety of policies from border to border and sea to Sea?
Giving these candidates their space will make it easier for their supporters to move their energy to a smaller and smaller group of candidates.

Chance are these voters won’t become the “or Bust” Bernie bros or the idiots who literally pissed away their votes on Jill Stein.

Inclusive means indecisive in politics.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #15932 on: June 28, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »

---The Democrats got the voters—and the country got 9/11, Fort Hood, the Boston Marathon bombing, clitorectomies, an explosion of gang rapes, child rapes, sex tourism, slavery, voodoo, Russell Brand, billions of taxpayer dollars stolen in Medicare and Medicaid scams, an epidemic of heroin deaths, soccer, bankrupt school districts and hospitals, overcrowded prisons, and endless tax hikes to pay for all the immigrant services, as small town after small town goes all-Mexican, or all-Somali or all-Hmong.---

https://vdare.com/articles/ted-kennedy-s-1965-immigration-act-the-war-on-america-turns-50

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15933 on: June 28, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »

4 year old Ann Coulter pieces usually represent the peak of scholarship and the final word on any issue.  Good work, Luee!!!! I'm convinced.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15934 on: June 28, 2019, 05:44:58 PM »

4 year old Ann Coulter pieces usually represent the peak of scholarship and the final word on any issue.  Good work, Luee!!!! I'm convinced.

Hey! You're interfering with his fear-mongering!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15935 on: June 28, 2019, 06:00:22 PM »

---The Democrats got the voters—and the country got 9/11

Love to know how you peg 9/11 to immigration.

Well, not really, but you sure are reaching. Kind of like blaming the Negro slaves for the Civil War.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15936 on: June 28, 2019, 06:19:54 PM »

---The Democrats got the voters—and the country got 9/11

Love to know how you peg 9/11 to immigration.

Well, not really, but you sure are reaching. Kind of like blaming the Negro slaves for the Civil War.

Oooohhhh. You said, "Negro"! Turn in your Rainbow Card! You're not inclusive!!!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15937 on: June 28, 2019, 06:21:21 PM »

If people are entering the country "illegally" and are being "apprehended" then the borders aren't "open".  You don't need a Harvard education to figure that out, but perhaps a class in logic.  But before I go any further, once again, I'll wait on Kid's stellar research skills (I'm sure Twitter will serve up the info) to see who's advocating open borders.

Well, you said you were  not interested in the debates.
I guess you weren’t kidding.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15938 on: June 28, 2019, 06:31:45 PM »

Maybe you can help Kid with his research. Not by telling me who the Wall Street Journal tells you is advocating open borders, but who actually is. I'm open to learning.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15939 on: June 28, 2019, 06:35:03 PM »

And for the record, arguing for doing away with ICE is no more of an argument for open borders than the right wing argument for doing away with the IRS is an argument for doing away with the income tax.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15940 on: June 28, 2019, 06:37:39 PM »

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/27/world/europe-heat-wave-spain-wildfire-intl/index.html

In Spain, it got so hot that manure spontaneously ignited, starting a 10,000 acre wildfire.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/28/europe/france-record-temperature-heatwave-intl/index.html
Shit pretty much has been spontaneously combusting here since.1/20/17.

France set a record for heat --> 45.1 degrees Celsius (113.2 Fahrenheit)
Even I think that is hot.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15941 on: June 28, 2019, 06:38:24 PM »

I like there are so many out there competing to get their message out. Dismissing folks who aren’t considered “Heavyweights” ignores the ideas these folks have that inspired their supporters to give them enough money and effort to get them on the stage.

Time will winnow down the field so what’s the rush to throw away passionate segments of the Democratic coalition?

We don’t have to push them off the stage,just let them quietly drop out over the next few weeks and keep their followers engaged through the rest of the process.

Notice not many folks talking about Bernie... the Bros won’t like that. I expect them to go HAM on every woman in the race...

All the "debates" have shown is how disorganized the Democratic party is, and it has a lot of work to do in crafting a coherent message to the American people.

Not disorganized, it is inclusive. Why not spend a few months passing around the megaphone and spreading Democratic ideals for a wide variety of policies from border to border and sea to Sea?
Giving these candidates their space will make it easier for their supporters to move their energy to a smaller and smaller group of candidates.

Chance are these voters won’t become the “or Bust” Bernie bros or the idiots who literally pissed away their votes on Jill Stein.

Inclusive means indecisive in politics.
Maybe. Or maybe not.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15942 on: June 28, 2019, 06:38:30 PM »

But if you can find one candidate saying "I'm for open borders", have at it. I'm all ears and eyes. As an aside, as far as I know only one candidate made a regular practice of hiring "illegals."

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15943 on: June 28, 2019, 06:48:58 PM »

But if you can find one candidate saying "I'm for open borders", have at it. I'm all ears and eyes. As an aside, as far as I know only one candidate made a regular practice of hiring "illegals."
I’m sure you have the necessary skills to read news accounts of the debates.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15944 on: June 28, 2019, 07:01:42 PM »

I have as much interest in reading about the "debate" as I did in watching it.
Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 ... 4288