Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1247 1248 [1249] 1250 1251 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585114 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18720 on: August 18, 2019, 02:01:07 PM »

Knicks

I'm pretty sure Israel works in all sorts of ways to prevent its enemies from getting nukes.

And I'm fine with that, as I think a level playing field would soon turn into a leveled playing field unplayable for the next few centuries.

Bo your  next critical word about any other country other than Israel, would as far as I know, be your first.

China, the country you work and live in, and presumably profit from, is one  of the most repressive countries in the world. Yet you remain silent on that matter.

Its only Israel, with a known history of attacks by its neighbors, and just a tiny bubble in a sea of Islam, which draws your cries for economic sanctions.

Which is fine, you don't have to present two sides to an issue.

So I presented another.

And Bo I opened this discussion with critical words of Israel calling the banning of the 2 MusDems congress people, a massive fucking mistake, and I gave reasons why.

and Bo I think the Palestinians are the victims/losers here, unfortunately they could have cut their losses decades ago, but they had absymally poor leadership and trusted the wrong people, who promised them Jihad and a glorious victory, reclaimed land, and a mountain of dead Jews.

I'm pretty sure Israel has the right to contest that outcome.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18721 on: August 18, 2019, 03:19:08 PM »

The  Chairwoman of the Federal Elections Commission has called President Trump on his bullshit about the NH 2016 presidential election: "put your cards on the table or fold."

I have a new metric here for what criteria makes a good posting:  criterion #1 is that it must offend KidC.  Criterion #2 is that it must accurately describe a state of affairs outside of my head, i.e. external reality.

Trump is a fat fucking liar.   There, both boxes checked.

Yeah.  Did you hear?  Big fat liar called out on CNN today for stating his crowd was biggest. While Romney's was just as big

Fact checkers unite-

Fabulous use of air time, guys

barton

« Reply #18722 on: August 18, 2019, 03:45:54 PM »

Criterion #1 -- met, and exceeded expectations! 

barton

« Reply #18723 on: August 18, 2019, 03:51:36 PM »

I don't know why everyone has to take everything to extremes.  -    Exactly, like those ANTIFUCKS - no need for them at all

Quite right!  People demonstrating against fascism and corruption and racism, who needs that kind of noise?  Better to roll over and get your head properly fitted under the jackboot.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18724 on: August 18, 2019, 05:07:27 PM »

Antifucks?

Aren’t those the kind of incel right wing school shooters who drag their blue balls around Kid’s club house croaking fascist mating calls?

No need for them at all.

Time to close up (and disinfect) your clubhouse, Kid.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18725 on: August 18, 2019, 05:52:01 PM »

Antifucks?

Aren’t those the kind of incel right wing school shooters who drag their blue balls around Kid’s club house croaking fascist mating calls?

No need for them at all.

Time to close up (and disinfect) your clubhouse, Kid.
I thought he was referring to his personality.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18726 on: August 18, 2019, 06:01:31 PM »

Watching the rightwing freak out over the NYTimes 1619 Project reminds of that time Barack Obama said “If I had a son he would look like Trayvon.”

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #18727 on: August 18, 2019, 06:44:11 PM »

Have you ever wondered why so many want to come to the shiny shores if it is so terrible?

No one said America is terrible.
You simplistically painted all Muslim societies as primitive, medieval, murderous.  I merely pointed out that the US is the one rampaging around the globe killing people.  Like every society, the US has its share of problems.  Wars abroad; incarceration rates, racism and failed drug prohibition at home for starters.
Not to mention bigoted assholes like luee who think America is so great it should be reserved for them and people who look like them. And who never get the disconnect between their vision of America and how they think of and treat the people actually trying to live out that vision.

Huh! The US is the most diverse nation in the history of the world unlike Muslim countries or any of the bannana republics. Does the typical American look more like Donald Trump or BHO? The US needs bright people who can obey laws and can assimilate.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18728 on: August 18, 2019, 06:45:50 PM »

Another human being was torture-fried in an electric chair in America the other day.
Go woke, go broke.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18729 on: August 18, 2019, 07:23:46 PM »

Watching the rightwing freak out over the NYTimes 1619 Project.....
Just who is “ freaking out”?
History is History.
But a better question might be how come inner city blacks, 400 years later, are still enslaved by democrat -run municipal governments that provide them with substandard living conditions and dysfunctional public schools?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18730 on: August 18, 2019, 07:54:23 PM »

China, the country you work and live in, and presumably profit from, is one  of the most repressive countries in the world. Yet you remain silent on that matter.

Clearly you haven't been reading or understanding my posts.
I've mentioned China's faults to such a degree that I'm a little uncomfortable and almost paranoid.  I've sided with Donald Trump on the China issue, and said he should go further.  The HK protests could offer Trump a Reagan/Berlin Wall moment if he wanted to take it.  Challenge China to become a democracy, like HK and Taiwan.  Threaten to divert manufacturing elsewhere.  My ideas on outsourcing and US purchases don't just apply to what should have been done in the past, but also what should/could be done in the future.  So I've been more critical, more specific and more radical than anyone else here or, as far as I can tell, in the US mainstream on China. 

Otherwise, I've also been pretty critical of Turkey/Erdogan, though that might have been more in the Knix forum, when the Knix had a Turkish player on the team, who has been branded an enemy of the state.  And I also fairly often bash Putin/Russia.  Where Erdogan has learned quite a bit of his tricks from. The whole authoritarian package of faux democracy, leader-for-life, quash any independent media or opposition is a worrying international trend.  It's how many African countries were run for decades post-independence.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 07:59:39 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18731 on: August 18, 2019, 08:17:30 PM »

Have you ever wondered why so many want to come to the shiny shores if it is so terrible?

No one said America is terrible.
You simplistically painted all Muslim societies as primitive, medieval, murderous.  I merely pointed out that the US is the one rampaging around the globe killing people.  Like every society, the US has its share of problems.  Wars abroad; incarceration rates, racism and failed drug prohibition at home for starters.
Not to mention bigoted assholes like luee who think America is so great it should be reserved for them and people who look like them. And who never get the disconnect between their vision of America and how they think of and treat the people actually trying to live out that vision.

Huh! The US is the most diverse nation in the history of the world unlike Muslim countries or any of the bannana republics. Does the typical American look more like Donald Trump or BHO? The US needs bright people who can obey laws and can assimilate.

You realize you can rail against the heavens all you please it won’t prevent you and people like you from simply being fucked out of existence.

Sleep well. 
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18732 on: August 18, 2019, 08:23:11 PM »

History is History.
But a better question might be how come inner city blacks, 400 years later, are still enslaved by democrat -run municipal governments that provide them with substandard living conditions and dysfunctional public schools?

Every GOP grifter from Donald J. Trump to Newt Gingrich are having hissy fits and vapors.

Bitches whine about Confederate monuments being “History” and then holler and clutch their pearls when History is presented.

Go have a stadium full of seats.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18733 on: August 18, 2019, 08:27:24 PM »

History is History.

Every GOP grifter from Donald J. Trump to Newt Gingrich are having hissy fits and vapors.

Bitches whine about Confederate monuments being “History” and then holler and clutch their pearls when History is presented.

Go have a stadium full of seats.
Nice dodge.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18734 on: August 18, 2019, 08:32:27 PM »

Clearly you haven't been reading or understanding my posts.
I've mentioned China's faults to such a degree that I'm a little uncomfortable and almost paranoid.  I've sided with Donald Trump on the China issue, and said he should go further.  The HK protests could offer Trump a Reagan/Berlin Wall moment if he wanted to take it.  Challenge China to become a democracy, like HK and Taiwan.  Threaten to divert manufacturing elsewhere.  My ideas on outsourcing and US purchases don't just apply to what should have been done in the past, but also what should/could be done in the future.  So I've been more critical, more specific and more radical than anyone else here or, as far as I can tell, in the US mainstream on China. 

Otherwise, I've also been pretty critical of Turkey/Erdogan, though that might have been more in the Knix forum, when the Knix had a Turkish player on the team, who has been branded an enemy of the state.  And I also fairly often bash Putin/Russia.  Where Erdogan has learned quite a bit of his tricks from. The whole authoritarian package of faux democracy, leader-for-life, quash any independent media or opposition is a worrying international trend.  It's how many African countries were run for decades post-independence.

I post in this forum on a semi-regular basis, and skim the posts, but I do not possess a photographic memory, and I do not recall discussions re China other than perhaps a random posts of Trump's idiotic tariffs and their impact on the US and global economy. And I do not recall any of your posts recently criticizing China re Hong Kong. You may be critical of China, and even paranoid, which might explain your seeming lack of critical posts. I do not recall any posts of your expressing that view.  And I think, that outside of Red and kid, most sentient Elbanese posters have posted highly critical posts re Putin.

But at least now I have a little better understanding why you prioritize Israel, and the threat it represents, to be greater that the threats of China, Russia and Turkey, and why you seem to think Israel should be punished by economic sanctions, as you do not think the threats those 3 larger powers, are a threat to US interests or global peace.   

Thanks for stating and clarifying your postions.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:34:54 PM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 1247 1248 [1249] 1250 1251 ... 4288