Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 164791 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #2490 on: October 27, 2020, 07:33:44 AM »

Troll- you're the one who's said Newton's race is somehow critical to his job he won in NE.

Perhaps your time would be better spent addressing and overcoming your own deep racism.

Maybe you could deal with your deep seated delusion that you are worth anyone's time.

The irony of your spending time telling him that he's delusional for thinking he's worth anyone's time is too circular for words. (Added to create a second circle.)

Shhhhh. Josh. It's been two decades. He has yet to learn that no one really cares what his opinions are.

But nice to see you still try to ride you his rescue, when he's getting his asd kivked to the curb again.

You're a good teammate, joshie.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: October 27, 2020, 11:31:18 AM »

Troll- you're the one who's said Newton's race is somehow critical to his job he won in NE.

Perhaps your time would be better spent addressing and overcoming your own deep racism.

Maybe you could deal with your deep seated delusion that you are worth anyone's time.

The irony of your spending time telling him that he's delusional for thinking he's worth anyone's time is too circular for words. (Added to create a second circle.)

The troll is too stupid to undertstand the irony of his bleatings.

The troll's long-established deviant stalking behavior towards me (and others) which again he seems proud of, only exposes his delusions and his obvious human deficiencies.

SSDD.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: October 27, 2020, 12:24:13 PM »

Here's a question or two

Is Trevor Lawrence worth tanking for?

and

With the Jets (0-7) using the 3rd pick of the 2018 draft on Sam Darnold and the NYFG (1-6) using the 6th pick of the 2019 draft on Daniel Jones, and both teams in contention for snagging the #1 pick (and presumably the rights to the Clemson Kid) what would your inclinations be re the choices you would have?

Do you stick with the guys who you viewed as your franchise QBs or do you look to the next guy as the franchise savior?

Do you trade the pick for a basket of picks to build around etc (and keep Sam and Danny)?

or do you trade your ex-savior for a pick (probably a decent one) and go with Trevor, who looks like the real deal?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: October 27, 2020, 12:31:06 PM »

Shhhhh. Josh. It's been two decades. He has yet to learn that no one really cares what his opinions are.

But nice to see you still try to ride you his rescue, when he's getting his asd kivked to the curb again.

You're a good teammate, joshie.

My comment has nothing to do with him, Ham.

It's all about your verbiage.

I'm not the one claiming his words are worth your time, you are.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: October 27, 2020, 12:36:31 PM »

I think Lawrence is the best QB prospect since Peyton. I'm sure both the Jets and Giants would take him in a second. Guys like Darnold, Jones even Mayfield are there every year. Lawrence isn't.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: October 27, 2020, 12:46:29 PM »

I think Lawrence is the best QB prospect since Peyton. I'm sure both the Jets and Giants would take him in a second. Guys like Darnold, Jones even Mayfield are there every year. Lawrence isn't.

That's my inclination as well. I wonder what draft packages would be sweet enough to dissuade his rights holder to swap out of Trevor, who might be the the next generational can't miss college guy who is seen as a franchise QB like Peyton,or Luck.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: October 27, 2020, 12:48:05 PM »

Here's a question or two

Is Trevor Lawrence worth tanking for?

and

With the Jets (0-7) using the 3rd pick of the 2018 draft on Sam Darnold and the NYFG (1-6) using the 6th pick of the 2019 draft on Daniel Jones, and both teams in contention for snagging the #1 pick (and presumably the rights to the Clemson Kid) what would your inclinations be re the choices you would have?

Do you stick with the guys who you viewed as your franchise QBs or do you look to the next guy as the franchise savior?

Do you trade the pick for a basket of picks to build around etc (and keep Sam and Danny)?

or do you trade your ex-savior for a pick (probably a decent one) and go with Trevor, who looks like the real deal?
I think Lawrence is generational. I like Fields, but he is not on that level. Lawrence is the best QB prospect since Luck, and he may be a better prospect than Luck.

Unless you are sitting on an elite QB talent already, you take Lawrence. Darn old can be a an upper middle level QB but I do not see him as elite. I would draft Lawrence, invest in OL talent on the FA market and the rest of the 2020 draft to protect him, jettison other veteran talent for draft choices in 21 and 22. But I take him,.even if I am the Cowboys with Dak Prescott coming back.

If the Jesters have any serviceable veteran talent to trade, that is. Got any WR we could borrow?
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: October 27, 2020, 12:49:41 PM »

That's my inclination as well. I wonder what draft packages would be sweet enough to dissuade his rights holder to swap out of Trevor, who might be the the next generational can't miss college guy who is seen as a franchise QB like Peyton,or Luck.
As someone else noted,  that is the type of trade you read about on the back page of the NY tabloids for decades.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: October 27, 2020, 01:00:23 PM »

As someone else noted,  that is the type of trade you read about on the back page of the NY tabloids for decades.

Yup like the Ram's trade of RG3 draft rights  to the Skins (3 1s) or the Cowboys-Vikes Herschel Walker haul. (too complicated to remember-but about half the Vikes and a trillion picks)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 01:02:10 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: October 27, 2020, 01:21:02 PM »

Neither.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: October 27, 2020, 01:28:08 PM »

Addendum -

assuming it is the 2 or 3 pick that is dealing up to us I make the deal for the picks, then drfat 2nd/3rd.

Jets may deal Darnold.  Giants are keeping Jones.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: October 27, 2020, 01:38:45 PM »

Meanwhile, Jeff Garcia thinks the F in NFL stands for Fashion.

STFU, has-been.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: October 27, 2020, 01:47:06 PM »

Addendum -

assuming it is the 2 or 3 pick that is dealing up to us I make the deal for the picks, then drfat 2nd/3rd.

Jets may deal Darnold.  Giants are keeping Jones.

so to be clear, if you're the G-Men GM and get the #1 pick and rights to TL, you will trade only to 2nd or 3rd team in the draft, but wouldn't trade for a package from a lower positioned team (lke 10, or 15 etc) that could still offer a ton of picks, and theoretically, as you're keeping Danny, you would draft the best available player non TL-player at #1?

As for the Jets, draft TL, and trade Darnold?  (I agree with this)

And it seems your original "neither" answer was instead, "both".

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: October 27, 2020, 02:04:15 PM »

I dont speak for the Jets

They may see something in Sam they want to ride with. 

Is it your thinking either team could geta  second round pick for Jones/Darnold?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: October 27, 2020, 02:06:53 PM »

Just for kicks, Bank - you have the 12th pick.  What do you offer with it for the 1?
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 329