Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250076 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #825 on: November 01, 2018, 03:48:20 PM »

Zach Smith was not acting in the course and scope of his employment when he beat his wife. Do you believe head coaches should be punished for the acts of their assistants outside of their duties - a.PSU running back coach gets a DUI while on a frolic of his own and Franklin gets punished? And would this apply to everyone, or just Meyer?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 01, 2018, 06:09:17 PM »

I thought Meyer should have been canned.

That's different...he has a brain condition that was clearly impairing his ability to make good decisions.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 01, 2018, 06:11:32 PM »

Are Kiid and Mr. Utley the same poster
Not unless he has multiple personality disorder...they are more like polar opposites
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 01, 2018, 06:57:57 PM »

Zach Smith was not acting in the course and scope of his employment when he beat his wife. Do you believe head coaches should be punished for the acts of their assistants outside of their duties - a.PSU running back coach gets a DUI while on a frolic of his own and Franklin gets punished? And would this apply to everyone, or just Meyer?

If it was a DUI that got someone injured. And/or if Franklin then tried to sweep it under that table and/or then say he never knew about it....

Yeah. He should have his ass canned.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 01, 2018, 07:01:29 PM »

I thought Meyer should have been canned.

That's different...he has a brain condition that was clearly impairing his ability to make good decisions.

Yes, of course he does. Maybe that's also why OSU lost to Purdue. I hear he wiped his ass with his toothbrush the other day too. Nuther bad decision. And just like the Smith decision it left a bad taste in his mouth. ;-)

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 01, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 01, 2018, 07:57:30 PM »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 01, 2018, 08:16:28 PM »

If it was a DUI that got someone injured. And/or if Franklin then tried to sweep it under that table and/or then say he never knew about it....

The head coach is only responsible for the workplace.and his own conduct. So it is only the second half that justifies discipline.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 01, 2018, 08:52:43 PM »

The head coach is only responsible for the workplace.and his own conduct. So it is only the second half that justifies discipline.

Nitpicking is something I have to admit you do well.

His ass should've been canned.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 01, 2018, 08:54:08 PM »

Good movie. The underwear scene was a riot.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 02, 2018, 10:33:57 AM »

I'm all in controversy

Gotta pull for the 2TD+ undercats  in Death Valley

Seaux

Geaux Tigers

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 02, 2018, 10:58:51 AM »

I realize analysing an issue and thinking it through, as opposed to gut reactions you feel obligated to stick with even when facts change or your assumptions are wrong, is a problem for you. Discipline is related to personal responsibility. Head coaches are not responsible for the off work conduct of their staff. They are responsible for how they deal with it in the work place.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 02, 2018, 11:46:21 AM »

I realize analysing an issue and thinking it through, as opposed to gut reactions you feel obligated to stick with even when facts change or your assumptions are wrong, is a problem for you. Discipline is related to personal responsibility. Head coaches are not responsible for the off work conduct of their staff. They are responsible for how they deal with it in the work place.

You have presented zero facts that change anything.

You keep hammering at the same bent nail you mis-hit the first time when you chimed in. These efforts have not gone unnoticed by me. Bravo.

You're opinion(and that is all you've presented)is not mine. Have you ever considered simply using the phrase 'we disagree'?

I freely recognize that you think your brilliance in subtly changing the parameters of what is being said is undecipherable on other peoples part. And to many I'm sure it is.

I'm just not one of them. 

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 02, 2018, 11:48:47 AM »

The underwear scene was a riot.

KMart Sucks

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 02, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »

Geaux Tigers

No Controversy.  Supporting Coach O.   And dislike Alabama anyway.   Enough is enough.  Someone will beat them this year.  Everytime people start talking about the "greatest football team in college history" during the middle of the season...the writing is on the wall.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 329