Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1659101 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19455 on: August 26, 2019, 07:19:17 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/politics/sean-duffy-resign/index.html

Tough loss.  Prayers for Ms Campos

It would be a real shame if her healthcare lapsed in these difficult times. It’s slightly less likely now that Duffy is out of congress.

Why are all republicans sick heartless bastards? It must be due to their severely underdeveloped genitalia.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #19456 on: August 26, 2019, 07:20:15 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/26/johnson-and-johnson-opioid-crisis-ruling-responsibility-oklahoma-latest

Prescription opioid drugs are good when you are in absolute agony from a inflamed/very sore for no apparent reason, shoulder.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19458 on: August 26, 2019, 07:31:41 PM »

Facts are stubborn things.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/26/world/americas/brazil-amazon-rainforest-fire.html?action=click&module=MoreInSection&pgtype=Article&region=Footer&contentCollection=Americas

Indeed they are, though other than the fact that there is a tension between economic interests and the environment I am not sure what facts you are referring to. Nothing contradicts the articles you appended scare exclamation points to.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

barton

« Reply #19459 on: August 26, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »

It would be a real shame if her healthcare lapsed in these difficult times. It’s slightly less likely now that Duffy is out of congress.

Why are all republicans sick heartless bastards? It must be due to their severely underdeveloped genitalia.

The Campos-Duffies are on their ninth child, so they can't be all that underdeveloped.

I do sometimes wonder what part of "population explosion" people don't understand when their own baby count approaches double digits.   The Campos-Duffies are a Malthusian nightmare. 

barton

« Reply #19460 on: August 26, 2019, 07:37:55 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/26/world/americas/brazil-amazon-rainforest-fire.html?action=click&module=MoreInSection&pgtype=Article&region=Footer&contentCollection=Americas

Indeed they are, though other than the fact that there is a tension between economic interests and the environment I am not sure what facts you are referring to. Nothing contradicts the articles you appended scare exclamation points to.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/08/wildfires-in-amazon-caused-by-deforestation/

WILDFIRES ARE CURRENTLY burning so intensely in the Amazon rainforest that smoke from the blaze has covered nearby cities in a dark haze.

Multiple news outlets are reporting that Brazil’s National Institute for Space Research (INPE) reported a record 72,843 fires this year, an 80 percent increase from last year. More than 9,000 of those fires have been spotted in the past week.....

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19461 on: August 26, 2019, 07:41:39 PM »

I don't know if the fires in Brazil constitute a wise way to manage the Brazilian rain forest, nor to my knowledge does any one in Elba. But I find it funny that Red chooses one NYT story on the issue that presents the arsonists side and raises some questions, yet he has contiunually dismisssed so many other facts that  satisfies about 97% of the scientific community about the reality of global warming and climate change.

Fact: Red's a fucking hard-on, a tiny hard-on, but a hard-on nonetheless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19462 on: August 26, 2019, 07:42:13 PM »

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/08/wildfires-in-amazon-caused-by-deforestation/

WILDFIRES ARE CURRENTLY burning so intensely in the Amazon rainforest that smoke from the blaze has covered nearby cities in a dark haze.

Multiple news outlets are reporting that Brazil’s National Institute for Space Research (INPE) reported a record 72,843 fires this year, an 80 percent increase from last year. More than 9,000 of those fires have been spotted in the past week.....
"Does any responsible journalist work at those 'news' sites? Because my definition of 'responsible journalist' is tied to my desire to only believe stories reporting what I already believe regardless of actual facts and legitimate sourced reposrting." - RedStateWard in a rare moment of honesty
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

barton

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19464 on: August 26, 2019, 07:47:44 PM »

The Campos-Duffies are on their ninth child, so they can't be all that underdeveloped.

I do sometimes wonder what part of "population explosion" people don't understand when their own baby count approaches double digits.   The Campos-Duffies are a Malthusian nightmare.

Turkey baster & rubber gloves.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #19466 on: August 26, 2019, 07:55:21 PM »

I don't know if the fires in Brazil constitute a wise way to manage the Brazilian rain forest, nor to my knowledge does any one in Elba.

I'm a biologist, with some training in ecosystem and wildlife management.  Rainforests are not of the type that is managed well by fire.  Fire, in such an ecosystem, leaves a soil that becomes nutrient-poor and heavily leached within a couple of crop cycles and can never recover its original biomass density and ability to sequester carbon.   A longterm resulting shift to open savannah often leads to desertification within the tropics.   

IOW, a total goatfuck. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19467 on: August 26, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »

I don't know if the fires in Brazil constitute a wise way to manage the Brazilian rain forest, nor to my knowledge does any one in Elba.

I'm a biologist, with some training in ecosystem and wildlife management.  Rainforests are not of the type that is managed well by fire.  Fire, in such an ecosystem, leaves a soil that becomes nutrient-poor and heavily leached within a couple of crop cycles and can never recover its original biomass density and ability to sequester carbon.   A longterm resulting shift to open savannah often leads to desertification within the tropics.   

IOW, a total goatfuck.
And is not happening in Brazil.
But, what about Bolivia?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19468 on: August 26, 2019, 08:07:44 PM »

Thanks bart-I stand corrected. You are the Elba expert on global warming, climate change and goatfucks.  :)

barton

« Reply #19469 on: August 26, 2019, 08:21:10 PM »

IOW, a total goatfuck.
And is not happening in Brazil.
But, what about Bolivia?

Of course it's happening in Brazil, you lying piece of shit. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation_of_the_Amazon_rainforest

Check out the nearly 70 references provided in the article.  The loss of 20% of the 1970 cover is well documented.  You are a thoroughly dishonest cunt. 
Pages: 1 ... 1296 1297 [1298] 1299 1300 ... 4288