Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2396 2397 [2398] 2399 2400 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1650744 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #35955 on: June 01, 2020, 03:34:59 PM »

Thanks for sharing the view from inside the bunker, Kiid.

Except for the FA, all of America is ANTIFA. It’s why we fought the Second World War, opposed the Soviets and the John Birch society.

If ANTIFA seems like a threat to you, put down Mein Kampf and pick up a Bible. It’s a much better text for you to use to guide your life.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35956 on: June 01, 2020, 03:35:29 PM »

I'd like to think all on this forum are a little to very upset at the defacing of monument sites and the burning of a historic church that occurred last night

I think you are - though all of you wont say so.

Pray for Minneapolis

Pray for DC

Pray for America

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35957 on: June 01, 2020, 03:42:30 PM »

Except for the FA, all of America is ANTIFA. It’s why we fought the Second World War, opposed the Soviets and the John Birch society.

If ANTIFA seems like a threat to you, put down Mein Kampf and pick up a Bible. It’s a much better text for you to use to guide your life.

pass

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35958 on: June 01, 2020, 03:45:11 PM »

America... you’ve had your chances..

“The poll, released this week, showed that white Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.

However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/white-americans-disapprove-national-anthem-protests-poll-finds

Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

A poll released this week about protests?

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

So it was not from "this week: and not presumably about the George Floyd killing and related protests,  was it?

"You" don't have to bullshit to win arguments. In fact, its generally a prescription for losing them.

Do better.

You could have read the article the quote was pulled from, but that would have required a bit of effort.

Do better.

The point remains. White America had its chances to address this.

I saw the "fine" print and knew it was about Kap.

And then checked the link/article to confirm the content.

I did the fact checking.

Nonetheless when you post about White American disagreeing with protests this week you created a false impression.

Whether you intentionally tried to mislead the forum is known only to you.

I just called you out for misleading and less than above board posting.

And my point remains, try and do better if you can.

If he can't - to your liking - you should be accepting of it

all men's viewpoints are shaped by the lives they have led.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35959 on: June 01, 2020, 03:46:13 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35960 on: June 01, 2020, 03:47:27 PM »

Guiliani calls the Floyd murder quite possibly first degree, call the case undercharged.

Fuck Rudy Giuliani and fuck any GOPer who thinks their plant to peel off a few percentage points of black voters.

That ship sailed

8 per cent, last count

Do you begrudge these brothers their viewpoint?  Do you hold hatred for them - or acceptance?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35961 on: June 01, 2020, 03:48:48 PM »

pass

Ok.

Having ignored the off ramp, you are goose stepping right into whatever comes next.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #35962 on: June 01, 2020, 03:52:41 PM »

he dickhead rednecks in Charlottesville are total assholes - but would not have been dangerous without counterprotest. 

kiidcarter8 wants Nazis to be able to march through the streets of American cities without being confronted.  That's the USA he wants.

As for the rest of that bullshit post, pure revisionism.  The vast majority of the people protesting the RACIST WHITE SUPREMECIST RALLY (call it what it is) were peaceful, including the woman killed by a RACIST WHITE SUPREMECIST when he ran her over with his car.  The notion that was "Antifas" fault?  That's a white man apologizing for the actions of other racist white men.  I'll call that what it is.

The RACIST WHITE SUPREMECISTS came to Charlottesville armed to the teeth, with shields and weapons of violence, ready for a fight.  The torchlight march where people chanted "Jews will not replace us" that you hold up as a model of peaceful protest, wasn't.  They pinned students against the statue of Jefferson in front of the Rotunda, surrounding them in a circle of burning torches while shouting.  Really fucking peaceful and nonviolent.

Thanks for the impassioned defense of White Supremacists, though kiidcarter8.  As if any of us needed further confirmation of where you stand on this.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35963 on: June 01, 2020, 03:54:11 PM »

America... you’ve had your chances..

“The poll, released this week, showed that white Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.

However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/white-americans-disapprove-national-anthem-protests-poll-finds

Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

A poll released this week about protests?

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

So it was not from "this week: and not presumably about the George Floyd killing and related protests,  was it?

"You" don't have to bullshit to win arguments. In fact, its generally a prescription for losing them.

Do better.

You could have read the article the quote was pulled from, but that would have required a bit of effort.

Do better.

The point remains. White America had its chances to address this.

I saw the "fine" print and knew it was about Kap.

And then checked the link/article to confirm the content.

I did the fact checking.

Nonetheless when you post about White American disagreeing with protests this week you created a false impression.

Whether you intentionally tried to mislead the forum is known only to you.

I just called you out for misleading and less than above board posting.

And my point remains, try and do better if you can.

This ain’t that day, Banks.

If you saw the link and clicked on and saw the illustrations and you were still “misled” than that’s on you.

You calling me out is just what you do when the subject gets racial.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35964 on: June 01, 2020, 03:55:06 PM »

When I was in England I never felt fear or anxiety around police.   They came across far more friendly,  less authoritarian, more likely to just issue a warning on unruly behavior and call on the person's dignity rather than squashing it.   I remember seeing these Senegalese guys horsing around, one late night,  I sorta knew who they were,  and soon  a couple beer bottles are smashed on the street.   Bobby comes along and basically says,  cmon mate, you want some little kids cutting their feet on those shards?   They issued drunken apologies,  and managed to pick up most of the shards and put them in a bin.   And that was it.   End of story.  Peacekeeping can happen.   And without treating people like garbage

Nice account.  This is most police work in the US

That same bobby will be called upon to suit up in riot gear on occasion.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35965 on: June 01, 2020, 03:55:47 PM »

I'd like to think all on this forum are a little to very upset at the defacing of monument sites and the burning of a historic church that occurred last night

Pray for Minneapolis

Pray for DC

Pray for America

Nigga please.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #35966 on: June 01, 2020, 03:58:05 PM »

I am still not OK with that weekend. 

What you are not ok with about that weekend, kiidcarter8, is that white men carrying Nazi flags chanted in favor of the denigration and death of Jewish and Black Americans were met, in some cases, by violence.  You clearly are not bothered by the white men carrying Nazi flags chanting in favor of the denigration and death of Jewish and Black Americans.

Or at least, you got over that more quickly.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35967 on: June 01, 2020, 03:58:28 PM »

The vast majority of the people protesting the RACIST WHITE SUPREMECIST RALLY (call it what it is) were peaceful, including the woman killed by a RACIST WHITE SUPREMECIST when he ran her over with his car. 

yes, correct

As with today's unrest - its not about the vast majority.

barton

« Reply #35968 on: June 01, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »

AntiFa could take a lesson from that.

Yes.  They killed the girl in Charlottesville as much as that redneck idiot did.  By wreaking havoc unnecessarily....

This statement is monumental in its absurdity.   And contemptible. (I see NeedsAdj is making this post redundant but wth)  Maybe we should include any auto parts dealer who sold to the redneck.   And Henry Ford and August Daimler are definitely major players,  what with unleashing heavy steel vehicles on city streets!   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35969 on: June 01, 2020, 04:00:46 PM »

Pray for Minneapolis

Pray for DC

Pray for America

Nigga please.

give us some more soothing lyrics
Pages: 1 ... 2396 2397 [2398] 2399 2400 ... 4288