Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3347 3348 [3349] 3350 3351 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1658000 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Anti-Trump Administration
« Reply #50220 on: September 12, 2020, 08:57:08 PM »

Does anybody, besides Kid, actually believe he's a religious man?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #50221 on: September 12, 2020, 09:18:47 PM »

Trent and Allie...YouTube "van-lifers" now living at his mom's home in a nice valley in Utah.
Trent builds things, works things out ...lurches from pillar to post sometimes.
Built a green house in his mom's yard...bit flimsy...Utah storm blew if about...he just bought some more stuff an fixed it.
Now he and Allie are building a cabin in the Mountains...delay after delay with contractors...snow season is fast approaching.
Allie said to him:
"Are you confident" ('that we'll get if built before the snow').
He said: "I left my confidence in Argentina"...where they had to leave their van and get back home to America because of the pandemic taking hold.
Yes, things often work out somehow for a while, then they stop working out.
Confidence is a myth.
I left what little bit of confidence I had left...in New Zealand on Franz Josef Glacier in 1976...when mrs bambu slipped and nearly fell down in a big black hole that probably went to China.
Stupid, incompetent, useless guide had us tourists hurrying.
No more confidence, all gone.

Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50222 on: September 12, 2020, 09:22:36 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/really-thinks-trump-mocks-christians-100354053.html

Bad news for Bambu!!!

If true, he's not a very good conman.
He'll lose the "evangelical vote" if they believe he's been conning them.

But they won't.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50224 on: September 12, 2020, 10:47:11 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/politics/trump-nevada-rally-face-masks-social-distancing/index.html

And again, Trump could be speaking out about masks and pushing social distancing and he chooses not to.

And all the pseudo-science aside, the people should be wearing masks.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #50225 on: September 12, 2020, 10:56:53 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/us/freedom-black-cooperative-toomsboro/index.html

"It's impossible to have anything exclusively Black because our families are integrated," says Scott. "We are an integrated, tolerant and diverse community even as Black people, so we don't intend for it to be exclusively Black, but we do intend for it to be pro Black in every way."

What could possibly go wrong?

I would feel comfortable living there,  more so in some ways than where I live now.   There are communities like that,  that are pro various ethnicities, all over America,  and many attract positive energy.   I've gone down to Lindsborg,  Kansas a few times,  and enjoyed soaking up the Scandian heritage stuff.   And, unlike many white enclaves,these towns don't exclude others.  So it's a false equivalence to compare this new town to a place that's "pro white. "

Name these "enclaves" that are intentionally excluding black folks, present day.

Harding, NJ.

Another retarded fucking "sealion" question from Kid.   

barton

« Reply #50226 on: September 12, 2020, 11:00:34 PM »

Someone asked me if I had plans for the fall, it took me a moment to realize they meant "autumn", not the collapse of civilization.

OK,  that did make me laugh out loud.   And think of Albert Camus.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #50227 on: September 12, 2020, 11:13:01 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/us/freedom-black-cooperative-toomsboro/index.html

"It's impossible to have anything exclusively Black because our families are integrated," says Scott. "We are an integrated, tolerant and diverse community even as Black people, so we don't intend for it to be exclusively Black, but we do intend for it to be pro Black in every way."

I would feel comfortable living there,  more so in some ways than where I live now.   There are communities like that,  that are pro various ethnicities, all over America,  and many attract positive energy.   I've gone down to Lindsborg,  Kansas a few times,  and enjoyed soaking up the Scandian heritage stuff.   And, unlike many white enclaves,these towns don't exclude others.  So it's a false equivalence to compare this new town to a place that's "pro white. "

Name these "enclaves" that are intentionally excluding black folks, present day.

Harding, NJ.

So much for Barton’s “ rules”.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50228 on: September 12, 2020, 11:16:58 PM »

Harding, NJ.

You mean we shouldn't be expecting him to explain his 150 IQ question?!

*gasp*

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #50229 on: September 12, 2020, 11:57:13 PM »

If you get the chance watch the documentary on MSNBC called “The Sit In” about the week Harry Belafonte guest hosted the tonight show in early 1968.

It’s worth the time.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50230 on: September 13, 2020, 01:19:26 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/politics/trump-my-african-american-cheadle-rally-blake/index.html

An interesting profile. Cheadle is not a Joe Biden fan.

But he sure isn't a Donald Trump fan.

And he is no longer a conservative, because he recognizes that the status quote is White Power running things, even as he decries the term "racist."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50231 on: September 13, 2020, 01:25:06 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/10/trump-campaign-local-election-officials-mail-in-ballots-brown-pkg-tsr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Not satisfied with their efforts to falsely claim mail in ballots are fraud-ridden, the Trump campaign is bombarding election clerks with questionnaires to try to come up with excuses to get pissy about the balloting process.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #50232 on: September 13, 2020, 01:30:19 AM »

"Dark skinned male" ambushes cops in Compton
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:24:56 AM by kiidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50233 on: September 13, 2020, 01:45:08 AM »

http://www.dcreport.org/2020/09/11/indictments-of-a-killer/

A fat white douche bag’s killing spree continues. A thousand or more bodies pile up every day.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #50234 on: September 13, 2020, 02:39:11 AM »

And again, Trump could be speaking out about masks and pushing social distancing and he chooses not to.

And all the pseudo-science aside, the people should be wearing masks.

I hate to say you folks have been wasting your time.  But China really didn't worry about social distancing at all.  Crowd avoidance, yes.  But I was surprised when wearing a mask in a grocery store or Carrefour back in Feb & March that other mask wearers would get right close to me without thinking about it.  I didn't worry about 6' but didn't want other people very close to me.  Never heard the term social distancing or any 6' rule until the virus got going in the US which needed to do something with the anti-mask fervor that was prevalent early on.  China relied  on masks and it worked.  (well also some hand washing and wiping down surfaces, especially early when transmission routes weren't fully clear).

I've still been being careful, especially on weekends.  But you go out in Shanghai and there are crowds with maybe 20% mask wearing.  I went by a major tourist area and it was almost shocking to see thousands all milling around on a walking street.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 3347 3348 [3349] 3350 3351 ... 4288