Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1210 1211 [1212] 1213 1214 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1634272 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18165 on: August 10, 2019, 03:03:56 PM »

Appreciate the journalistic caution from those outlets that refer to Epstein's death as "apparent" suicide.   When your pals include Trump, and you're facing those kinds of charges, it would be hard to be really sure Epstein died by his own hand.  He's dead, but the stench lingers on.
There is a  likely long  line of billionaires  in front of Trump who could desireto have sexual secrets buried with Epstein.

And Alan Dershowitz is drafting new laws reducing the age of consent to 13, and grand-fathering in grandfathers who fucked children.

Mitch McConnell will urge the Senate to cut short vacations to address this national emergency ASAP.

Or will once the checks have cleared.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18166 on: August 10, 2019, 03:04:52 PM »

Appreciate the journalistic caution from those outlets that refer to Epstein's death as "apparent" suicide.   When your pals include Trump, and you're facing those kinds of charges, it would be hard to be really sure Epstein died by his own hand.  He's dead, but the stench lingers on.
There is a  likely long  line of billionaires  in front of Trump who could desire to have sexual secrets buried with Epstein.

I don't know about "in front," but certainly right there with him!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18167 on: August 10, 2019, 03:07:55 PM »

That's very sad.  I honestly don't know how Holocaust descendants live with it.

By working to stop what is going on in this world, Kid, rather than either accepting it, supporting it, or trying to ignore it.

Same as their descendants do. And a ton of other people who are not insisting that Trump should be allowed to act with and lie with impunity.

I have a harder time understanding how his supporters can live with what is happening with their tacit support.

You had no invitation to rant there

This is me playing the world's saddest song on the world's smallest violin, just for you, Kid.

That you think that was a rant is hilarious.

That you think that that post from you somehow doesn't invite sharp response is amazing.

That you take it personally... well, we all know about when the foo shits.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18168 on: August 10, 2019, 03:22:51 PM »

Josh

you crashed kid's anti-semitic post mocking 6 million murdered innocents and their families?

tsk, tsk.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18169 on: August 10, 2019, 04:27:28 PM »

There is a  likely long  line of billionaires  in front of Trump who could desireto have sexual secrets buried with Epstein.

True.
Bob Kraft comes to mind, for some reason.

But, if you're going to float those Vince Foster rumors in the 90's, then this has sprung from the very seed that the GOP (your pals) planted, then.

Did I say "planted"?

What a fucking genius I am!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 04:29:32 PM by HamiltonIII »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18170 on: August 10, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »

Josh

you crashed kid's anti-semitic post mocking 6 million murdered innocents and their families?

tsk, tsk.

Heh

You deserve each other
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #18171 on: August 10, 2019, 04:57:21 PM »

Everyone you disagree with is a Nazi? The Nazis stood for anti-semitism above all. Trump has a Jewish daughter and son in law. Trump has an afro-American in his cabinet. You paint a very simplistic world view. Trump, Nazis, and supporters of serial killers on one side and the all good liberal elites with chain migrants on the other. Really very little good about homelessness,  strained social services, and an unending flood of cheap labor.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18172 on: August 10, 2019, 05:04:28 PM »

Remember when the politician called a press conference and then blew his brains out live on television?

That was crazy.

Budd Dwyer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Budd_Dwyer

A band did a song about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_Man_Nice_Shot

Politics can be crazy.

And how does someone commit suicide while on suicide watch, with the Jeffery Epstein case? We needed that guy alive so we could get the information out of him. I hope that the people from that pedophile ring still get busted, I hope enough scumbags rat so that they can teach all of those scumbags not to hurt the young people. We must protect our young people and our children.

Suicide while on suicide watch, how does that happen?

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18173 on: August 10, 2019, 05:15:24 PM »

Remember when the politician called a press conference and then blew his brains out live on television?

That was crazy.

Budd Dwyer.

Politics can be crazy.

And how does someone commit suicide while on suicide watch, with the Jeffery Epstein case? We needed that guy alive so we could get the information out of him. I hope that the people from that pedophile ring still get busted, I hope enough scumbags rat so that they can teach all of those scumbags not to hurt the young people. We must protect our young people and our children.

Salute,

Tony V.
They took him off suicide watch, for just long.enough to have a Trump operative, disguised as a guard, slip into his cell and do the deed. Do I have any proof this happened? No. Is there any evidence this happened? No. But, you know, Seth Rich's family says hi.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

barton

« Reply #18174 on: August 10, 2019, 05:46:27 PM »

It's great to see the Vince Foster smear karma catching up with the Repubes!   

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18175 on: August 10, 2019, 06:15:16 PM »

Everyone you disagree with is a Nazi? The Nazis stood for anti-semitism above all. Trump has a Jewish daughter and son in law. Trump has an afro-American in his cabinet. You paint a very simplistic world view. Trump, Nazis, and supporters of serial killers on one side and the all good liberal elites with chain migrants on the other. Really very little good about homelessness,  strained social services, and an unending flood of cheap labor.

Oh, the irony!

barton

« Reply #18176 on: August 10, 2019, 06:16:31 PM »

Come on, guys, tell me how this is not Nazi-esque, pre Holocaust.   

Josh, Godwin wasn't saying that parallels are valid or not.  His "law" simply asserts that, given sufficient time, a comparison to Nazi Germany will always appear in a political discussion on the Net.

I don't dispute disturbing parallels.  I just think reaching for a Nazi comparison makes it sound like one's valid arguments against bad policy, repressive enforcement, prejudicial laws, racist dogwhistles, etc. aren't strong enough to stand on their own.  Of freaking course it's awful to detain US citizens for looking Latino near the border, but it's awfulness can be fully mapped by simply pointing out how antithetical it is to the American ethos, Constitution, and genesis as an immigrant nation.  If one has to start pointing to Auschwitz, then you (anyone) are going to lose the receptive ears of moderates and Independents - and I firmly believe that most of them do still care about the American ideals of democracy and equality before the law.   

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18177 on: August 10, 2019, 06:16:52 PM »

That was crazy.

Budd Dwyer.

Politics can be crazy.

Salute,

Tony V.
They took him off suicide watch, for just long.enough to have a Trump operative, disguised as a guard, slip into his cell and do the deed. Do I have any proof this happened? No. Is there any evidence this happened? No. But, you know, Seth Rich's family says hi.

Some people are saying this. I don't know. But it could have happened.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18178 on: August 10, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »

"it's awfulness can be fully mapped by simply pointing out how antithetical it is to the American ethos, Constitution, and genesis as an immigrant nation."

Ben Franklin didn't trust the Germans, you know.
"Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own Nation…and as few of the English understand the German Language, and so cannot address them either from the Press or Pulpit, ’tis almost impossible to remove any prejudices they once entertain…Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it…I remember when they modestly declined intermeddling in our Elections, but now they come in droves, and carry all before them, except in one or two Counties...In short unless the stream of their importation could be turned from this to other colonies, as you very judiciously propose, they will soon so out number us, that all the advantages we have will not in My Opinion be able to preserve our language, and even our Government will become precarious."

And even Great, Great, Great Uncle Alex Hamilton was an immigrant himself, but even he wanted to slow down immigration when the country was being founded.

“The safety of a republic depends essentially on the energy of a common national sentiment; on a uniformity of principles and habits; on the exemption of the citizens from foreign bias, and prejudice; and on that love of country which will almost invariably be found to be closely connected with birth, education, and family.

“The opinion advanced in the Notes on Virginia is undoubtedly correct, that foreigners will generally be apt to bring with them attachments to the persons they have left behind; to the country of their nativity, and to its particular customs and manners. They will also entertain opinions on government congenial with those under which they have lived; or, if they should be led hither from a preference to ours, how extremely unlikely is it that they will bring with them that temperate love of liberty, so essential to real republicanism? There may, as to particular individuals, and at particular times, be occasional exceptions to these remarks, yet such is the general rule. The influx of foreigners must, therefore, tend to produce a heterogeneous compound; to change and corrupt the national spirit; to complicate and confound public opinion; to introduce foreign propensities. In the composition of society, the harmony of the ingredients is all-important, and whatever tends to a discordant intermixture must have an injurious tendency.

“The United States have already felt the evils of incorporating a large number of foreigners into their national mass; by promoting in different classes different predilections in favor of particular foreign nations, and antipathies against others, it has served very much to divide the community and to distract our councils. It has been often likely to compromise the interests of our own country in favor of another. The permanent effect of such a policy will be, that in times of great public danger there will be always a numerous body of men, of whom there may be just grounds of distrust; the suspicion alone will weaken the strength of the nation, but their force may be actually employed in assisting an invader.

Perhaps this conversation and the controversies surrounding it is a very American one indeed.

Understand I'm not using their words to justify discrimination; rather, I am pointing out that today's conversations on immigration are nothing new to the American landscape, nor are they necessarily something the Founders had completely sorted out.

That said, we don't need to point the fingers at the Nazis. The fault is not in them, or the stars. The fault is in ourselves.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18179 on: August 10, 2019, 06:46:32 PM »

You are lucky to have a good wife Bambu.

I have always wanted a good woman to share my life with. I would love to have a woman who shares my dreams and goals and to share my life with.

I would love to find a good woman who supports my goals of making movies, and making wine, and owning a night club, and publishing my books, and I will support her on her dreams and goals and I will be there to share her life. 

Princess Charlotte Casiraghi is taken now, she got married, so she is no longer available. So, that ends my dream of marrying a princess. But, the world is full of awesome women, I will find one.

My Mother has taught me that when I find the right one it will work out, and she will have eyes only for me. 

My friend Jon told me to get my movie made, and then he said I will be able to get any woman I want. But my Mother said that the right woman will help me to get my movie made in the first place, the right woman will help me to succeed. 

I would love to find a good wife.

I even studied in college about relationships and parenting and communication, etc, so that I will be a good father and husband.

If I can have at least one child then that would be great.

Anyhow, Bambu, it is good that you found a good wife, and that you have love in your life, that is so important, that is what life is all about. 

Maybe I can hook up with a television news reporter from Spain...

Of course, I have always loved Italian women. :)

And then there are the women from Colombia. :)

:)

I look forward to my future with excitement, it will be cool to see what happens. And I have not just been wasting time, I have been growing and evolving and learning, so that the future might be better. I will find a good woman eventually.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1210 1211 [1212] 1213 1214 ... 4288