Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2697 2698 [2699] 2700 2701 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1643909 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40470 on: June 29, 2020, 05:03:25 AM »

If Trump gets Covid-19 there's a very good chance he will die. (despite the best efforts of US health professionals.)
He seems to think he's invincible.
What is going thru his head?...doesn't  seem like  commonsense.

The eyes are a great way for the virus to enter  the body.
Face screens are highly recommended.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 05:13:54 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40471 on: June 29, 2020, 06:42:03 AM »

The eyes are a great way for the virus to enter  the body.
Face screens are highly recommended.

I doubt this is true.
It is certainly a concern for medical personnel who might be in close contact with CV positive patients.  China learned that from SARS back in 2003.

Your nose and mouth are actively vacuuming in air and its attendant particles.  Eyes are passive in this regard.
Touching your eyes with unwashed hands poses some level of threat, but you're already talking about a few degrees of remove.  You need a virus contaminated surface, touched by hands and then hands to eyes, all while the virus stays alive.
I'm sure it happens and that's why they talk about washing your hands and not touching your face.   But this is a respiratory virus and respiration is the major method of transmission.  Hence the need for face masks.

In early March my one neighbor wore protective goggles along with her mask and gloves to go to the food store.  Some scattered folks wore eye protection.  I might have considered it if Shanghai had a major outbreak.  I did frequently put on my light winter gloves when I entered a store, as they were in my winter coat pocket anyway.

Really, the more precautions the better.  And the higher the compliance rate, the better.  But you also want to match your behavior to the threat environment. 
I'd say Trump's USA failed on all three of those metrics.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40472 on: June 29, 2020, 07:55:54 AM »

... Another said it was included in the President’s Daily Brief, a compendium of foreign policy and national security intelligence compiled for Mr. Trump to read.[/i]

-NYT

And therein lies the problem.

It was in the Daily Brief.

It needed to be announced and repeated. It needed to be said aloud multiple times. The National Security Advisor needed to hear it, too.

Because Trump does not read the Daily Brief. This is not news. This is not partisan sniping. This is common knowledge.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/breaking-with-tradition-trump-skips-presidents-written-intelligence-report-for-oral-briefings/2018/02/09/b7ba569e-0c52-11e8-95a5-c396801049ef_story.html

Its also common knowledge that Trump hates getting bad news about what Russia is doing and will chew off the head of the person who brings it to him.  So they put it in the Daily Brief to cover themselves, knowing he would never see it.

Just ponder the multiple levels of dysfunction that scenario points to.  Dysfunction at literally the highest level of national security.

And I don't believe for a second Trump's claim that they didn't brief him because they didn't think the intel was credible.  This was info coming, in part, from US Special Forces on the ground in Afghanistan.  Maybe they were looking into it to further verify details, but there can't be any question that this was credible enough to brief him on.

And in any case, Trump is still claiming the intelligence isn't credible as an excuse to further ignore it, even after the US has thought it worth briefing our NATO partners on.  So Trump is doing now exactly what he is being accused of doing in March; ignoring a deadly threat to US troops abroad.

Why is he doing that?  Could it have anything to do with the fact that Russia gave him key support in the 2016 elections and is planning on helping him again in 2020?

With the Administration offering no other reason, or any response at all to Putin's aggression, is there any other possible explanation?

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40473 on: June 29, 2020, 07:57:53 AM »

I still have to lol at kiidcarter8's question; "What can the US President possibly do for Russia, anyway?"

How about allow them to have US Troops killed with impunity, kiidcarter8?  Nothing to say about that?

...but go ahead and post more racist bullshit about illegal immigrants.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40474 on: June 29, 2020, 08:11:30 AM »

If most white people were suddenly black they’d be fucked like the proverbial “fish out of water.”

In reverse most black people would be just fine because we already navigate through two different worlds.

But if whites were all then black,where'd be the conflict?

See?

To early to clue Bambi into the fact that all human  beings trace their origins back to roots in Africa, that even Swedish albinos aren’t white, and that not much about the west is all that civilized or Christian?

Saw a guy on tv prove it by dna.
He told all.

In 2020 though, people sheep are divided into races...and religions.

FIFY.

People races,
people religions;

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/if-it-isnt-roman-catholic-then-its-not-a-proper-church-pope-tells-christians-cqdj6rf803g

If it isn’t Roman Catholic then it’s not a proper Church, Pope tells Christians

The Vatican has described the Protestant and Orthodox faiths as “not proper Churches” in a document issued with the full authority of the Pope.
Anglican leaders reacted with dismay, accusing the Roman Catholic Church of paradoxical behaviour. They said that the new 16-page document outling the “defects” of non-Catholic churches constituted a major obstacle to ecumenism.

The document said that the Orthodox church suffered from a “wound” because it did not recognise the primacy of the Pope. The wound was “still more profound” in Protestant denominations, it added.
It was “difficult to see how the title of ‘Church’ could possibly be attributed to them”, said the statement from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Roman Catholicism was “the one true Church of Christ”.

#####

Not difficult for me to see at all.
I'm quite happy with the Queen's church.
Enjoy Hell, heathen.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40475 on: June 29, 2020, 08:14:58 AM »

If Trump gets Covid-19 there's a very good chance he will die. (despite the best efforts of US health professionals.)
He seems to think he's invincible.
What is going thru his head?
The same Idiot Wind that blows every time he moves his teeth.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #40477 on: June 29, 2020, 09:41:15 AM »

Its also common knowledge that Trump hates getting bad news about what Russia is doing and will chew off the head of the person who brings it to him.  So they put it in the Daily Brief to cover themselves, knowing he would never see it.

Just ponder the multiple levels of dysfunction that scenario points to.  Dysfunction at literally the highest level of national security.

And I don't believe for a second Trump's claim that they didn't brief him because they didn't think the intel was credible.  This was info coming, in part, from US Special Forces on the ground in Afghanistan.  Maybe they were looking into it to further verify details, but there can't be any question that this was credible enough to brief him on.

And in any case, Trump is still claiming the intelligence isn't credible as an excuse to further ignore it, even after the US has thought it worth briefing our NATO partners on.  So Trump is doing now exactly what he is being accused of doing in March; ignoring a deadly threat to US troops abroad.

Why is he doing that?  Could it have anything to do with the fact that Russia gave him key support in the 2016 elections and is planning on helping him again in 2020?

With the Administration offering no other reason, or any response at all to Putin's aggression, is there any other possible explanation?

This Sky News report from UK offers some more details.   Note that BoJo has been briefed and will be expected to take action against Moscow.   

https://news.sky.com/story/russia-paid-taliban-fighters-to-attack-british-troops-in-afghanistan-12016425

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40478 on: June 29, 2020, 09:43:22 AM »

Terroristic threatening?
These two should face charges.

https://news.yahoo.com/couple-aims-guns-at-protesters-072204408.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40479 on: June 29, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »

If most white people were suddenly black they’d be fucked like the proverbial “fish out of water.”

In reverse most black people would be just fine because we already navigate through two different worlds.

See?

To early to clue Bambi into the fact that all human  beings trace their origins back to roots in Africa, that even Swedish albinos aren’t white, and that not much about the west is all that civilized or Christian?

He told all.

FIFY.

People races,
people religions;

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/if-it-isnt-roman-catholic-then-its-not-a-proper-church-pope-tells-christians-cqdj6rf803g

The Vatican has described the Protestant and Orthodox faiths as “not proper Churches” in a document issued with the full authority of the Pope.
Anglican leaders reacted with dismay, accusing the Roman Catholic Church of paradoxical behaviour. They said that the new 16-page document outling the “defects” of non-Catholic churches constituted a major obstacle to ecumenism.

The document said that the Orthodox church suffered from a “wound” because it did not recognise the primacy of the Pope. The wound was “still more profound” in Protestant denominations, it added.
It was “difficult to see how the title of ‘Church’ could possibly be attributed to them”, said the statement from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Roman Catholicism was “the one true Church of Christ”.

#####

Enjoy Hell, heathen.

See?

He told all.

FIFY.

People races,
people religions;

#####

Enjoy Hell, heathen.

LOL
The services are almost identical.
No confession cubicles in the Queen's church though.
Go woke, go broke.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40480 on: June 29, 2020, 09:52:10 AM »

This Sky News report from UK offers some more details.   Note that BoJo has been briefed and will be expected to take action against Moscow.   

https://news.sky.com/story/russia-paid-taliban-fighters-to-attack-british-troops-in-afghanistan-12016425

The intelligence officials told the AP that Trump was briefed on the bounty matter earlier this year; Trump denied that, tweeting Sunday neither he nor Vice President Mike Pence had been briefed. Trump tweeted Sunday night he was just told intelligence officials didn’t report the information to him because they didn’t find it credible.

The intelligence officials and others with knowledge of the matter insisted on anonymity to discuss the highly sensitive matter.

https://apnews.com/02975c59e71e65327e2f582cd1a91f43

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40481 on: June 29, 2020, 10:12:10 AM »

See?

He told all.

FIFY.

People races,
people religions;

#####

Enjoy Hell, heathen.

See?

He told all.

FIFY.

People races,
people religions;

#####

Enjoy Hell, heathen.

LOL
The services are almost identical.
No confession cubicles in the Queen's church though.
Your denial of the authority of the Pope hurts Jesus' most compassionate heart, heathen.

Also, you are a RACIST. Just need to remind people of an important fact.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40483 on: June 29, 2020, 10:24:59 AM »

I still have to lol at kiidcarter8's question; "What can the US President possibly do for Russia, anyway?"

How about allow them to have US Troops killed with impunity, kiidcarter8?  Nothing to say about that?

...but go ahead and post more racist bullshit about illegal immigrants.

Have there BEEN US military deaths linked to Russia?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40484 on: June 29, 2020, 10:28:30 AM »

Why is that?

If he does, is there an international case to be made against China?
Pages: 1 ... 2697 2698 [2699] 2700 2701 ... 4288