Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912891 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15316 on: December 09, 2020, 11:19:33 PM »

Moving Randle at the trade deadline would be good timing, after ObiT gets his feet wet.  Trying to draft both ObiT and Carey makes it clear the commitment to Julius.

I think MKG has a definite role, as he's our only F defender and we have a big whole at SF.  Situationally, they'll be plays or sequences where you need a stop.  Lotta great wing scorers in the NBofA.  Even as just a practice player MKG's effort and awareness will be valuable.

Jr. Smith pushing the pace would be nice if he can do so and stay in control.
Toppings, RJayBee, Mitch (Burks/Rivers) can all run.  Good to try to get easy baskets before defenses get set and we have few ballhandlers/visionaries/cohesion.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15317 on: December 10, 2020, 03:36:28 AM »

CBSports picks Mitch as one of their half-dozen likely young breakout players.

perhaps the most significant development with Mitchell was that he began to learn how to stay out of foul trouble. He didn't draw more than three fouls in any of the final nine games of the season (this is a guy who managed to foul out of four games last season in which he played fewer than 20 minutes). By avoiding foul trouble, Robinson stayed on the floor for nearly 27 minutes per game over that stretch, compared to the 22.6 he played prior to the All-Star break. That could be the key to Robinson having a breakout 2020-21 campaign.

He also said he worked on his 3-point shot this offseason (he's yet to attempt one in his career) and continued to improve his conditioning.

"Basically what I did this summer was still working on getting a jump shot. Did a lot of running. Because I want to be in better shape for the season to help my team out," Robinson said, via SNY. 

If he can stay on the floor, Robinson is a production machine

Some of Mitch's fouls were going for fakes.  As a known shotblocker, smaller guys will pull out multiple fakes on Mitch.  Gotta stay down more.

But sometimes Mitch got fouls because he was tired and relying on athleticism.
Better conditioning could help Mitch be in better position.
Though having weak defenders at the F could mean a lot of rim protection work for Mitch and more ops to get tagged with fouls.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15318 on: December 10, 2020, 03:30:31 PM »

I think MKG has a definite role, as he's our only F defender and we have a big whole at SF.  Situationally, they'll be plays or sequences where you need a stop.  Lotta great wing scorers in the NBofA.  Even as just a practice player MKG's effort and awareness will be valuable.

Rivers
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Austin Rivers questionable for Friday
« Reply #15319 on: December 10, 2020, 03:33:16 PM »

Who benefits most.... Frank, Alec, MKG?

Doesnt affect Burks whatsoever.

Jerrya

• View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: December 10, 2020, 04:46:06 PM »

Just made  my annual wager...took the over 23.5 games.  For me it makes the season more interesting.  Would have lost last years but because of the shortened season saved me and I got my money back. ;-)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: December 10, 2020, 05:59:46 PM »

Yahoo basketball fantasy league - free to join, can autodraft

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/55605/invitation?key=97e2eeb073c1d87c&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=ccd1068c69119d36

Invite anyone you like

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: December 10, 2020, 08:34:26 PM »

Rivers

All 6’3” 200 pounds of him on small forwards. Yup. That won’t be his job.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15323 on: December 10, 2020, 08:45:24 PM »

NBA not really a  1 v 1 league.

No - you wont see much if any of Kidd-Gilchrist the 4th quarter of any game in '20-'21

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: December 10, 2020, 08:48:27 PM »

If we’re relying on Austin Rivers down the stetch much, it’s due to heavy heavy attrition or because our development staff sucks.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15325 on: December 10, 2020, 08:49:37 PM »

Thibs points to the two new draftees and Randle and Knox as the four Knicks clearly in the best shape.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15326 on: December 10, 2020, 08:59:40 PM »

If we’re relying on Austin Rivers down the stetch much, it’s due to heavy heavy attrition or because our development staff sucks.

Will be totally dependent on the 3s play - but I envision often it to be Barrett with Burks and a PG out there.  Could it be Rivers in defensive possessions late at the 1?  I guess.  But you're right - as a finisher - someone else has to be hurt or struggling for AR to be out there at the 2 spot

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #15327 on: December 10, 2020, 09:35:30 PM »

Thibs points to the two new draftees and Randle and Knox as the four Knicks clearly in the best shape.

Indictment on RJB. Mitch, and the PGs
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15328 on: December 10, 2020, 09:58:47 PM »

Will be totally dependent on the 3s play - but I envision often it to be Barrett with Burks and a PG out there.  Could it be Rivers in defensive possessions late at the 1?  I guess.  But you're right - as a finisher - someone else has to be hurt or struggling for AR to be out there at the 2 spot

I’d grant AR finishing more likely than AR seeing any time at SF. He’s an undersized SG, a slightly poorer man’s Langston Galloway, so he’ll probably get most of his time in 3 guard lineups.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15329 on: December 10, 2020, 10:44:03 PM »

Indictment on RJB. Mitch, and the PGs

Reporter:  Who looks in good shape to you, Coach?

Thibs names 4 guys to give them some press - isnt gonna name eight.

Not an indictment on anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1848