Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 906236 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Oh, by the way....
« Reply #18915 on: May 24, 2021, 01:13:43 PM »

As per Julius having a rough night? 

Anthony Davis, no less, was 5-16 with 7 boardsi in the Lakers' loss to the Suns, whereas Ayton was 10-11 with 16 boards.   

These are THE PLAYOFFS, folks. 

Pawn to knight's rook.  YOUR MOVE. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18916 on: May 24, 2021, 02:07:05 PM »

NBA Radio guys killing Thibs on his use of Frank.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18917 on: May 24, 2021, 02:47:30 PM »

Craig Carton with a good bit on FAN.

Stating how New York sports fans last night got what they haven't had in a  while -

a good VILLIAN.

(By the way, how's that Trae/Doncic decision looking now for ATL?)

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18918 on: May 24, 2021, 03:42:14 PM »

HEH

Spike has to harass Trae to give the Garden a '90s good old days vibe

Trae "Reggied" the Knicks last night

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #18919 on: May 24, 2021, 04:58:54 PM »

HEH

Surely did.

And we had it coming. 

The vibe was electrifying, but any real competitor is going to double down on that abusive element, which is really BUSH, and I don't mean George.  I know this is heretical to say, but I always respected the shit out of  Reggie getting in Spike's face, and miming the choke sign, just like I respect Trae for shushing the Garden faithful.  Saying fuck you to a competitor like Trae Bien, on his first trip to the playoffs, in a gonzo Garden?  Like, DUH.  Know what Lou Williams told him on that penultimate possession?  "Don't pass the ball."  BINGO. 

PS: Worth noting, as apoplectic as some Knicks fans and media types are getting, we lost by ONE FUCKING BASKET.  Lost by one basket to the Suns, too, right, and they handled the Lakers pretty nicely yesterday.  Obviously, AD and LeB are hurting, but hey, IT BE'S THAT WAY.  Predators & Prey.  Hell, we handled Memphis and Memphis took it to the Jazz no less, though without Donavan Mitchell. 

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #18920 on: May 24, 2021, 05:52:57 PM »

f Randle is off he should be more of a playmaker.
When we started playing reasonably well earlier in the season and he would have off games he'd try too hard like he did last night.

We had that tough stretch in March losing 5 out of 6 games. the last was against the C's.

There were increasing cries for him to be less selfish and how we can't win if he's off.

The next game against the Grizz he was off but he was more of a playmaker. t

Took only 2 3's and even though he wasn't on we won that night and went on to win 9 in a row.

The triple doubles and 5+ assist totals showed more and it opened up the options and that was BEFORE D Rose was able to play and really contribute.

I feel he has to be that player again or teams lock him down and I think he forces things a bit too much which is where we get into trouble.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18921 on: May 24, 2021, 08:24:55 PM »

HEH

Surely did.

And we had it coming. 

The vibe was electrifying, but any real competitor is going to double down on that abusive element, which is really BUSH, and I don't mean George.  I know this is heretical to say, but I always respected the shit out of  Reggie getting in Spike's face, and miming the choke sign, just like I respect Trae for shushing the Garden faithful.  Saying fuck you to a competitor like Trae Bien, on his first trip to the playoffs, in a gonzo Garden?  Like, DUH.  .
I think Spike's claim as the World's Greatest Knicks Fan expired around the same time the Stones lost their title as World's Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band. Spike's fanaticism has become a boring self-parody and a trolling for publicity and I'd be fine with TNT, ESPN, and ABC not putting him on camera anymore.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18922 on: May 24, 2021, 09:16:45 PM »

I think Spike has a place in the NYC sports fantheon

his work both on court mocking Reggie, and in film, mocking Larry puts him in the Mt Rushmore of NY celebrity fandom

Spike (Knicks) Seinfeld (Mets) Fireman Ed (Jets) Rudy G (Yankees) 

honorary mentions

Billy Crystal

Woody Allen

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18923 on: May 24, 2021, 09:49:24 PM »

When we started playing reasonably well earlier in the season and he would have off games he'd try too hard like he did last night.

We had that tough stretch in March losing 5 out of 6 games. the last was against the C's.

There were increasing cries for him to be less selfish and how we can't win if he's off.

Took only 2 3's and even though he wasn't on we won that night and went on to win 9 in a row.

The triple doubles and 5+ assist totals showed more and it opened up the options and that was BEFORE D Rose was able to play and really contribute.

I feel he has to be that player again or teams lock him down and I think he forces things a bit too much which is where we get into trouble.

Dude - Nate didnt double Randle

No "playmaking" to be had

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18924 on: May 24, 2021, 11:57:04 PM »

Randle rolled away from doubles toward the baseline for tough shots. Some nights when he does that he hits the bulk of them. In game one, not so much.

Hope he takes it into the teeth and quickly sprays it out going forward.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18925 on: May 25, 2021, 12:26:48 PM »

Hate to say..

Having given them the upper hand we could go down in 4/5.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #18926 on: May 25, 2021, 12:42:09 PM »

Dude - Nate didnt double Randle

No "playmaking" to be had

You are correct, so maybe I should re-phrase as just whenever he is struggling.

That can be against TOUGH defending teams (Philly's bigs totally took him out of his game as I recall and very much dread a matchup with them as a result)

Against the Hawks in game 1 while he wasn't being doubled and shot selection was not SO far outside of himself, he seemed like a sec or mili-second tentative.

If his shot is not falling what makes sense?

Embrace his inner John Starks or utilize his vision and ball handling to create better looks for his teammates?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 12:46:26 PM by PrezIke »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18927 on: May 25, 2021, 02:34:42 PM »

Hate to say..

Having given them the upper hand we could go down in 4/5.

Hawks are good. I didn't want to play them, even after the sweep in the season. They're dangerous.

But we're tougher. And we have our own range of offensive threats. I don't see us losing the first round.

Meanwhile, reports of Trae as the new Reggie are wildly premature — it was the first game of the first round, for fuckssake.

elephant

• View Profile
Re: From Elephant To Ella Fitzgerald
« Reply #18928 on: May 25, 2021, 02:36:01 PM »

BTW, ain't that picture of Ella beautiful?

chipstern

• View Profile
Ella Font
« Reply #18929 on: May 25, 2021, 03:18:10 PM »

YUP
Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 ... 1847