Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 913789 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22485 on: January 26, 2022, 07:05:58 PM »

Alternate call again available for tonight's game

ESPN 730 pm
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22486 on: January 26, 2022, 07:58:50 PM »

O hell no to the Hardaway idea.

Assinine..

You were always his advocate.

He didn't work out the first time. And he didn't work out the 2nd time.

But, uh, next time will be different!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22487 on: January 26, 2022, 08:08:23 PM »

we are in agreement

I like Fournier.  You commit to a guy and dont move off it so fast

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22488 on: January 26, 2022, 08:39:38 PM »

Ah, okay, sorry, misunderstood.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22489 on: January 26, 2022, 08:40:03 PM »

And yes to holding on to Fournier.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22490 on: January 27, 2022, 01:18:51 AM »

You might be able to hide Fournier with four really good players around him. He is an eighth or ninth man on a decent team.

Kemba is flat out unplayable and probably untradeable. The league must be shooting at least 60 percent against him and he does not make it back on the other end.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22491 on: January 27, 2022, 07:51:27 AM »

"Sometimes your star players have to make plays that aren't there"

- NBA Radio's Scalabrine on Randle - and the Knicks in general

Also -

"Fournier and Walker, guys like that should be getting 8-10 open looks a game off of the doubles your star creates"

chipstern

• View Profile
Rokas Jokubaitis
« Reply #22492 on: January 27, 2022, 09:21:26 AM »

Rokas Jokubaitis

While Jokubaitis star in Europe has been shining brighter and brighter and right now it will be a shocker if he does not win the EuroLeague Rising Star award, the New York Knicks have been paying attention. And he has been watching them back as well.

Rokas Jokubaitis

While Jokubaitis star in Europe has been shining brighter and brighter and right now it will be a shocker if he does not win the EuroLeague Rising Star award, the New York Knicks have been paying attention. And he has been watching them back as well.

Sometimes my Summer League coaches text me to see how I am doing. They reach out to my agent and my agents in the USA. I think few staff members from the Knicks are coming in February. I will be in better touch with them. 

I am watching their games whenever I have a chance. The schedule does not allow it all the time. I follow them and I know what is happening. I keep in contact with a few players and rookies that I played with in Summer League. I know what is happening on the team.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:29:12 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Ghastly
« Reply #22493 on: January 27, 2022, 09:54:57 AM »

That was ghastly on so many levels. 

Least ways, Thibs finally relented when Burks was 1-8, and 0-2 from the FT line, and gave Reddish some burn, as the bench players could not close the deal, but the Knicks were up 29-18 in the fourth, admittedly a deceptive stat, as the Heat were up around 30 at points in the third quarter. 

Was proud of Obi in significant minutes, a team leading +20, again, with Miami safely ahead, finally begunning to zero in on his three pointers. 

We were 11-17 from the FT line, compared to Miami's 20-22.

Time to give our second unit more meaningful minutes, and not just automatically return the starting five with six minutes to go in the second quarter. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22494 on: January 27, 2022, 10:51:18 AM »

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
The Shoe Fits
« Reply #22495 on: January 27, 2022, 11:05:04 AM »

Jeff Van Gundy On How These Knicks Are Broken

There have been plenty of times throughout the year to show that they work well together

I just do not know how they continue on like this.

That is the definition of insanity

Seeing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 11:08:01 AM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Macri
« Reply #22496 on: January 27, 2022, 11:18:02 AM »

There is no bigger fan of Tom Thibodeau than Jeff Van Gundy. None. Zero. Not his parents. Not his best friends. No one.

So when Van Gundy, who was calling the national broadcast of this game for ESPN, made multiple references to the need for New York to change its starting lineup, at one point calling the decision to stick with the current five-man grouping "the definition of insanity,"  you know things have gotten bad.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22497 on: January 27, 2022, 11:25:59 AM »

Thibs is stubborn as FUKTM

If the whole world sees the obvious, expect him to double down!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 11:31:03 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Normal as Fuk...
« Reply #22498 on: January 27, 2022, 11:27:21 AM »

U.S. Diplomats say HELL NO to Anal Swabs. You ain't sticking that up my wife's ass. Let us outa here!

The US diplomatic mission in China has formally requested the State Department grant American diplomats "authorized departure," allowing them and their families to leave the country amid increasingly strict Covid-19 containment measures

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/26/china/china-us-embassy-authorize-departure-intl-hnk/index.html

**** OT: Bo's Hardaway & Grant trade suggestions certainly earn him an oversize ANAL SWAB
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 12:36:03 PM by lesterluv »

chipstern

• View Profile
YIKES
« Reply #22499 on: January 27, 2022, 11:42:08 AM »

There is no bigger fan of Tom Thibodeau than Jeff Van Gundy. None. Zero. Not his parents. Not his best friends. No one.

So when Van Gundy, who was calling the national broadcast of this game for ESPN, made multiple references to the need for New York to change its starting lineup, at one point calling the decision to stick with the current five-man grouping "the definition of insanity,"  you know things have gotten bad.

Afraid so. 

And no one loves Julius more than Thibs, but the coach appears to have hitched his wagon to a falling star.  And Thibs remains committed to the notion of Julius as a kick out facilitator, rather than has a brute low post option. 

The defensive stratgagem, initiated by Hawks' coach Nate McMillan in last year's playoffs, seems to have been much imitated league, and Thibs' response seems to this observer, as great a fan of Thibs and Julius as JVG to TT, inflexible. 

Waiting for the doubles to kick in, and tasking Julius to kick out, IS NOT WORKING. 

Of course, OF COURSE, not having a point guard does not help. 

I have great affection for Kemba, but he is giving us nothing. 

I respect Burks, and he is a willing passer, but again, not a PG. 

And Thibs stubbornly sticks to the Julius kick out to stationary targets, instead of initiating motion and cutters and attacking the paint with multiple cutters. 

As someone pointed out in one of last night's broadcasts, the Heat had a very specific startegy for bringing the doubles on JR, and for denying the Knicks driving lanes and keeping them out of the paint, making us live and die by the three. 

It hurts me to see Julius overthinking things, passing up close range shots in favor of kick outs, often in mid-glide, leading, predictably, to turnovers, and keeping him from attaining any sort of rhythm and confidence. 

Finally, McBride is raw, and he has been struggling with his shot, but he is every inch the dog Grimes is on D, and, again, as someone pointed out, in limited minutes, has posted a 7-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio. 

And while I know this is not a tenable option...

Toppin-Reddish-Grimes-Quickley-McBride

Or

Sims-Toppin-Reddish-Grimes-Quickley

Or

Robinson-Randle-RJ-Grimes-Quickley

Or

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS

But as presently constituted, and given Thibs stubborn--to put it politely--refusal to go with the pups and empower their energy with meaningful minutes, we are trending towards the draft lottery, and a trade deadline fire sale, if such options even exist. 

Absent Derrick Rose, our starting unit is sleepwalking, save perhaps for RJ.  And even he, he of the clanged free throws, well, not a good look. 
Pages: 1 ... 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 ... 1848