Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900481 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7725 on: October 10, 2019, 08:23:14 AM »

Lee & Hardaway & Matthews & Jordan

and Kornet
and Mudiay
and Kanter
and Ellenson

Yeah, I think we should be better.  As the next year off 17-65 should be.

My bad, Chip - I read that totally wrong.   But should be interesting seeing how Kornet meshes in CHI and of course Enes, who we see way more than KP this year.

Mudiay?  I have to admit I have lost him.  Ellenson with Nets?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: October 10, 2019, 09:40:50 AM »

Path to Kemba+Horfoed was open for Celts... kind of...

https://sports.yahoo.com/al-horford-kemba-walker-combo-023810237.html

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Kristaps
« Reply #7727 on: October 10, 2019, 10:24:21 AM »

Frankly, my affection for you and Dawg notwithstanding, the narrative you are promulgating is so obsessively dark, I wonder what motivation you have to even check in, ostensibly as KNICKS fans. 

:) Good morning, Chipster! You see, I don't think there is anything particularly dark about my narrative.

I consider it realism. objectivity. eyes wide open. woke:)

There has been very little basketball played at MSG for nearly two decades. Fact. All of last year's objectives failed. Fact. Time for another u-turn. Fact.

So I object quite strongly to any narratives that demonize those players smart enough to know that if winning basketball is to be part of their career, odds are they will have to EXPERIENCE it elsewhere. You only have one career, and it's just an achilles tear away from ending in a split second.

I like players who care about winning first. I like players who care about basketball first. Those are the guys you want on your team. (thus my longstanding anima toward the fatballoon known as Melo, he didn't give a rats ass about anything but the brand).  ALL OF THOSE GUYS CHOSE ELSEWHERE LAST SUMMER FOR DAMN GOOD REASONS...

That said, I don't have anything against the current bunch and am looking forward to some much more entertaining game than last year, but they ain't heroes, just the latest group to enjoy the Dolan cash card.

There's already plenty mythmaking going on (no prima donnas? Well didn't lil Djr. go AWOL ON RICK CARLYLE cause Luka Doncic stole his pretty party? no softies? 10 pounds in the gym changes the essentially flaccid nature of Kevin Knox? -- lol, that summer league Zion rip was the vid of summer. One cartoon preseason headbounce makes Marcus Morris the new Oakley meets Mahorn? We could go on and on, but whatever, I'll put realism aside and buy in for the ride.

Positive Pussy, HERE SIR, I'M IN!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:40:24 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
no softies...lol, lol, lol
« Reply #7728 on: October 10, 2019, 10:29:40 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWYR1OtBkcU

**** and in case anybody accuses me of cherry-picking, last year I watched enough minutes of this definitely not cooked al dente motherfucker to have completed a first course in the Magyar tongue should I have chosen to spend my time more frootfully.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:39:09 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Nyets
« Reply #7729 on: October 10, 2019, 10:51:23 AM »

The Russian isn't in Brooklyn any more.  Made his $$ and flew the coop before upcoming NBA BS/strife could eat him up.

I know the Russian sold or is selling his share.

Still the Nyets in my book. Still a Knick fan, hoping to outlast Dolan.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Dawg Tired
« Reply #7730 on: October 10, 2019, 12:55:00 PM »

I FEEL YOU.

The more things change the more they stay the same. 

By all means, don't abandon your principles. 

Worth noting that well before Jimmy The Jizz, there was plenty of DumbAss awash in the Knicks Surf. 

Off the top of my head?

Letting BERNARD walk.

Letting XAVIER walk.

Letting RILEY walk. 

Running EWING out of town.

Trading CLYDE. 

Trading #1 PICKS that turned into, oh, Pippen and ______.   

Dolan is Dolan.  What can I say.  I sat next to him at the Cream concert in October 2005.  He'd just had open heart surgery.  I wished him well, and allowed as how I was happy to see Isiah on board. 

"We'll see," sayeth the Lord. 

So for me, it's a new season, and I LOVE HOOPS. 

So starved, I watched non-Knicks last night, and I mean, ZION?  Holy shit.  Zak.  Coby.  Etcetera. 

Don't like Fizz?

Fair enough.  I HATED Mike Woodson.  Thought he got a free ride and credit that belonged to Jason Kidd.  Did not like the way he treated players.  His post-Kidd give it to melo, Give It To Melo, GIVE IT TO MELO Offense.  A douche.  I like the way Fizz relates to his charges.  I liked that Veteran Hospital visit the other day. 

Last season was a failure.  Well, we only won 17 games. 

We haven't seen what Fizz can do with an actual roster not made up mostly of Charity Cases.  Am not drawing ANY FUCKING CONCLUSIONS from one fucking exhibition game, but I thought his 10-Man rotation was interesting.  He appears to have already anointed Morris & Randle, Gibson & Ellington, Peyton, as LEADERS.  I like that.  They not only stand for leadership and playing the right way, but for COMPETITION.  You want this floor time.  Hear I am, Kid.   

We bailed on Fizz's projects?

Well, Kornet, Vonleh, Mudiay, Burke, Herzonja all got picked up.

Yet another PLAN Z?

Gibson, Portis, Randle, Morris, Ellington, Bullock, Peyton. 

We replaced Pups with Pros, and kept the best of our youth.  We already see evidence how our vets with push our pups. 

Steve and Scott, after a questionable TIMMY signing, appear to have learned from their mistake.  Their deployment of cap space speaks to that.  They paid market rates on short term deals, giving themselves flexibility, and some incentive to our vets to max their value either for 2020-2021 or a soft landing space. 

I thought they made the best out of two shitty situations Phil Jackson left us, in Melo and Kristaps. 

Free Agent Destination? 

We have all of our draft picks, and a stock pot of talent.  Second tier?  I think some people undervalued Randle and Morris and Peyton.  Yourself included.  Randle dumped by teams.  Yeah, the idiot Lakers.  Pelicans moving on with Zion in place of Julius, Lonzo in place of Elfrid.  And we can see why the Spurs were hot on MM. 

Anyway, for me.

FOR ME...not speaking for anyone else. 

A team, AND A COACH, I can root for, and some vestigial semblance of a plan, least ways the patience to nurture youth and let things play out OVER TIME. 

With the dire winds of winter, come reflection, and ennui, and cold, Cold, COLD...

And hoops.

KNICKS HOOPS. 

Hopefully, on some level. 

39-43.

So let it be written.

So let it be done. 

lesterluv

• View Profile
Here's How Far I'm Willing to Go...
« Reply #7731 on: October 10, 2019, 01:23:59 PM »

in honor of a new season, the 21st consecutive fresh start, and my new status as PozPussConfirmed.

Despite more than 100 things that rub me the wrong way like:

a needless antagonism toward talented tall white boys from Europe demonstrated across multiple franchises....

ridiculous lip service toward things like defense and team ball and then giving endless run to those who displayed them least and endless bench to those who displayed them most...

some of the absolute worst end game strategy and substitution I have ever encountered and that includes 4th grade coaches at my local elementary school's league....

I am gonna assume that it was all in service of some plan dictated by his paymasters above as part of the ludicrous & destructive 2018-2019 tank program.

And am gonna give FizWhiz a complete clean slate for 2019-20, blank white piece of paper, no past prejudices allowed...you've got players, let's see something.

GO FIZDALE

**** Los, let me know if you are PPC as well and I'll get the new team sweatsuits ordered.

**** yup, I'm even giving Kevin "wouldn't know what to do in a basketball game if the hanging jumbotron fell on his head and woke him up" Knox a clean slate. Kevin Mfn Knox. Gets a clean slate. Fresh stack of typing paper. 120 pages. Just like Chester Himes used to do. Go write a book, Kevin. That's how motherfucking positive pussy I am. Thursday, October 10, 2019, 1:37 p.m. the clock resets now.

****** Sufi Avenger gets a clean slate!!! You bet!!!

******** No clean slate for PriKE. Was just TOOOOOO stoooopid last year. Has to wait til 20-21.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 01:41:53 PM by lesterdog »

chipstern

• View Profile
Fizz
« Reply #7732 on: October 10, 2019, 01:49:43 PM »

For what it's worth.

Fizdale had Ben Wallace at practice today as a guest mentor. 

PS: Again, Dawg, no reason to align yourself with the Dark Slide Of The Farce.

PPS: Let's see how things work out.  I'd say December 15 represents a good point at which to take stock of Fizz on a scale of 1-to-11, and decide whom must be schlepped out to Gulag HoopsHump or simply consigned to the pine. 

PPPS: Elfrid Peyton may just be the best thing that could possibly have happened to Denis & Frank. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: October 10, 2019, 03:48:48 PM »

Between them Elfrid and Wayne have every skill and habit our young guards need to absorb to be successful. Neither is a great athlete and both might be our worst athlete at their respective positions, but both are athletic enough to hang, so no Billups, Kidd, Calderon problem hiding them defensively.

I’m still curious about what Bobby brings to the table as I think Kid isn’t so far off on Mitch’s availability.

There might not be a huge amount of role left for Dot and Bullock when they get healthy.

Knox was our most consistent player passing the ball ahead on the break vs. the Wiz. Just one game, but an aspect to keep an eye on.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: October 10, 2019, 03:57:58 PM »

Lee & Hardaway & Matthews & Jordan

and Kornet
and Mudiay
and Kanter
and Ellenson

Yeah, I think we should be better.  As the next year off 17-65 should be.

My bad, Chip - I read that totally wrong.   But should be interesting seeing how Kornet meshes in CHI and of course Enes, who we see way more than KP this year.

Mudiay?  I have to admit I have lost him.  Ellenson with Nets?

Mudiay is with the JAZZ. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Knicks positioned do well in worst case China-boycott scenario
« Reply #7735 on: October 10, 2019, 04:03:07 PM »

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/how-knicks-2020-offseason-could-be-impacted-by-nbas-china-controversy/311124586

In other words: If a Tsunami hits your area - you may benefit from those drowning around you.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Elfrid & Wayne
« Reply #7736 on: October 10, 2019, 04:04:14 PM »

Between them Elfrid and Wayne have every skill and habit our young guards need to absorb to be successful. Neither is a great athlete and both might be our worst athlete at their respective positions, but both are athletic enough to hang, so no Billups, Kidd, Calderon problem hiding them defensively.

I’m still curious about what Bobby brings to the table as I think Kid isn’t so far off on Mitch’s availability.

There might not be a huge amount of role left for Dot and Bullock when they get healthy.

Knox was our most consistent player passing the ball ahead on the break vs. the Wiz. Just one game, but an aspect to keep an eye on.

Some people are great athletes. 

Others, are good players.  They just understand how to get the job done.  I was pleasantly surprised by Peyton and Ellington's defensive focus and tenacity, particularly Ellington's, as I had mis-read him as more of a one trick pony. 

Anyone here remember that Wayne Ellington was part of the "haul" in Phool Jackoff's Tyson Chandler trade, only Phool waived him without even taking a sniff. 

PS: Elfrid has already raised the bar in just a few practices and one pre-season game; Peyton and Nitilikina's defensive skillset will likely give Fizz pause when passing out minutes.  DENNIS SMITH, please pick up the HOSTILITY PHONE.  Your floor time is calling. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Big Ben At Knicks Practice [Preaching About The No Star Champion Pistons]
« Reply #7737 on: October 10, 2019, 07:11:15 PM »

Scott Perry was a member of the 2004 Championship team's front office. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:31:33 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
MM Doubles Down
« Reply #7738 on: October 10, 2019, 07:32:40 PM »

Marcus Morris: Never was a fan of doing what was cool! I love being a Knick!!! Feeling right at homevia Twitter MookMorris2

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: October 10, 2019, 07:56:34 PM »

Wondering if Bobby Taj Jules Mook RJ wouldn't be a strangely effective lineup. It would need stellar rotational efforts from Portis and Randle to work, a problem somewhat mitigated by having Taj to play center field.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1844