Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900019 times)

Merciless

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9165 on: December 07, 2019, 07:56:08 AM »

Dolan has taken his lumps over the years for being a meddling asshole but I've always appreciated his deep pockets and apparent desire to try and build a winner.... more recently it even appears he's been hands off too..but if Mills survives this fucking disaster then ALL of this falls on Dolan again and he deserves to be vilified by all.

Mills has proven to be nothing but a corporate suit whose only skill is survival. Dolan is somehow blindly loyal to a fault but he can't be this stupid anymore.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: December 07, 2019, 08:13:41 AM »

Team is totally unwatchable. Three wasted #1 draft choices on non-shooters. Mills is among the worst NBA executives ever. Cheap non-competitive FA signings. Robinson, Morris, Trier only keepers.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: December 07, 2019, 09:16:26 AM »

Dolan's deep pockets are part of the problem.
Knix throw money at everything, looking for shortcuts, instead of patiently building an organization and chemistry.   For both front office and roster.  It's always about bringing in a flashy marketable name.

Simply, hands-off Dolan isn't enough if you put idiots in charge.
(Phil wasn't an idiot, just a dinosaur looking to cash in on Dolanbucks)

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: December 07, 2019, 09:42:10 AM »

Dolan's deep pockets are part of the problem.
Knix throw money at everything, looking for shortcuts, instead of patiently building an organization and chemistry.   For both front office and roster.  It's always about bringing in a flashy marketable name.

Simply, hands-off Dolan isn't enough if you put idiots in charge.
(Phil wasn't an idiot, just a dinosaur looking to cash in on Dolanbucks)

Completely agree - but I'd rather have a deep pocketed owner than a cheap one (see NY Mets)...

But here's the real problem, Mills & Perry obviously sold Dolan on Plan B and when the shit went south they hung Fizzy out to dry to save their asses. A guy that they hand-picked! Not that the idiot didn't deserve it, but this team lacks talent at almost every position and that's on Mills/Perry.

We are rebuilding, we are young, we were expected to be terrible.

Mike Miller is now in a very unenviable position of having to save Mills & Perry with a shit roster. Working for these rats has to be unsettling knowing Mills will shove a dagger up your ass at any point. Pretty sure he would be hailed as a hero across the NBA if he said "thanks, but no thanks" and walked away.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 09:44:29 AM by Merciless »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: December 07, 2019, 10:23:36 AM »

I don't know Mike Miller from Adam, but I do not envy his challenge taking over a poorly designed and young team mid-season and asked to get better results than Fizz did, He might ge the Knicks to play hard, but they're just not a good team, and he's probably destined to get canned in the next round of Dolan roulette and his search for a star to lead the Knicks back on  the road to glory. The names I hear are Mark Jackson, Jason Kidd, Van Gundy Patrick Ewing and others,

Here's another guy to chase, you probably can't get him, he's probably happy in the Philly burbs, and the hoops haven he has run for a while now, but maybe he might consider a change of scene, but I'd make jay Wright, an offer he couldn't refuse. Long-term, lots of money and lots of freedom. Wright, coach at Villanova, is smart, a very good coach, and without getting into the vagaries of NCAA hoops recruiting, found kids who could play 3-4 years at a very good academic school and sucessfully compete with the bigger and flashier, one and done college hoop factories, he's had to compete against. 

The young Knicks have to be rebuilt and need a guy who can be a teacher and a buillder with a vision, , they need a coach who can coach 19-21 YO kids, who is smart enough to grow as his team grows, but also has the credentials to succeed in the NBA. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 10:25:17 AM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: December 07, 2019, 10:51:39 AM »

Mike Miller is now in a very unenviable position of having to save Mills & Perry with a shit roster. Working for these rats has to be unsettling knowing Mills will shove a dagger up your ass at any point. Pretty sure he would be hailed as a hero across the NBA if he said "thanks, but no thanks" and walked away.

Wont be too long til you are saying that..."well. Miller has Payton, Fiz didnt" - or "Mitch isnt fouling as much" - or, "well, Julius ls smarter" - or "well...Fiz gave Frank his confidence" (everything Frank does well, like with Mudiay, will be Fiz's doing).  Anything to say it was not coach Fiz's fault.

Then when (if, I should say - see Woodson, Chaney, Herb.....) Fiz gets another job and is 3 games over .500 you can whine how we should have cut him slack and been patient - unless of course we NAIL the next hire - then who cares?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: December 07, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »

Like Melo KP got a bit more cash and weakened his future team's draft prospects.  Did he not?

That team is pretty damn good already.. and who the f*** wouldn't want to play with Luca Brasi and KP going forward

I'm not seeing major successes for the Mavs.  Playoffs, sure.  Good for Cubes - but he will be frustrated.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: December 07, 2019, 11:09:54 AM »

Another criminal coaching maneuver last night in San Antone,Kings up 3, last possession for Spurs - ands they allow the three pointer to be takenn.  Kings lose in OT

Worst luck - and greatest last second execution fgoes to T-Wolves and Thunder, respectively in their game.

1.1 on the clock - Towns shooting second free throw.  Up 1 point.

He tries to miss - and the ball rattles in.  2 point game. 

Enter QB Steven Adams with the deep bomb to Shroder, who gets away with a push off before hitting the game-tying runner at buzzer.  Thunder win by 12 in OT.  Oy, Minny.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: December 07, 2019, 11:15:04 AM »

I said when we hired Fizz that he seemed like a consummate bs-er.
Had a rep as a player's coach, but his main motivation technique was telling guys he would help them make a lot of money.  Which means little accountability.  Seemed he wanted to be liked by the players more than anything.

With that said, I liked his tank job last year.  Everybody but Frankie played better than expected.  It was just a talent-poor roster.  But everybody got a lot of run.  Mithc, Trier and Dot were nice surprises.  Vonleh and Mud had career years.  But I didn't like running Knox into the ground or sapping his confidence. 

This year a roster with more talent, but mismatched, too many new faces, few defenders, lotta guys not expected around long-term, vets and yute.

So really the onus is on the front office for crafting two poor rosters and not being willing to suck it up and tank two years straight.

With that said, Fizz never developed any team identity or stable rotation.  And this year's Defense was something of a league-wide joke.  In an era where guys you never heard of might shoot 15 3-pointers in a game, and every team hunts 3's, Fizz decided we need to guard inside and perimeter rotations on D were all mucked up.  That's on Coach (and personnel).

I also didn't like Fizz running RJB into the ground and trying to sap his confidence. 

I don't have much knowledge of Perry, though he seems like a hack.  Signed Tim Jr to a ridiculous deal, brought in the PF crew, drafted well.
I think Mills is a weasel, he's shown loyalty to Dolan and been Dolan's spy, and seems one of those self-preserving types.  We really need Mills out.  But sure, they both need to go.
Pretty obvious this wasn't all Fizz's fault.

The Knix, as ever, starting over.
Key is do we (or Dolan) trust Perry-Mills to make the deals to move Morris and other vets in exchange for yute/picks?

Bo, Perry didn't sign THJ. He came after that.

It was Mills that gave him that contract.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: December 07, 2019, 11:17:35 AM »

Some good news, perhaps. Not sure why not now, but guess he just holds the fort and does little other than run day to day things until a new Prez and perhaps GM come in:

https://twitter.com/NYKFilmSchool/status/1203305387488923649

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: December 07, 2019, 11:19:25 AM »

KP over played his hand.

LOL What are you possibly talking about? He played perfectly. He has everything he could possibly want. Future hall of fame coach. Great teammates. Top organization. Max deal. Career set. Talk about the good life.

He could've been THE BIGGEST STAR IN New York City instead he is 2nd fiddle to a teenager in Dallas.
His destiny is set.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: December 07, 2019, 11:30:06 AM »

this team lacks talent at almost every position and that's on Mills/Perry.

I disagree that we don't have talent.  I think the issue is fit. 
Talent is on the GM 100%.  Fit is on the GM 50% and the coach 50%. 

At Center you have Taj Gibson and Mitch Robinson.  No talent lacking there.
At PF you have talent like Randle who was a high ranked free agent.
At SF you have talent in Morris and you have three recent Top-10 picks who can play there
At SG you have a 2nd year player who is coming off a very good rookie year and you drafted a Top 3 rookie based on talent.

At PG i will give you that there has been injuries but also, Frankie has been mostly healthy and if you had not played Mudiay so much last year maybe Frankie would've been better this year.

So at every position i see the coach has talent to work with.  Maybe not the best, granted, but he should do better than losing 80% of the TIME.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: December 07, 2019, 11:32:28 AM »

Artest wants to coach the Knix ...

League sources told ESPN's Bobby Marks that the Knicks were determined to use their cap space to sign players who could contribute on the court rather than engage in any deal that would give them future draft assets.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Hey Coach Miller
« Reply #9178 on: December 07, 2019, 11:35:56 AM »

This is your one big chance to change things up.  One free pass so go for it.

Starters need to be:

Mitch
Morris
RJ
Dotson
Frank

Bench:

Taj
Randle
Knox
one of Payton/DSJ

End of the bench:
Trier
Ellington
one of Payton/DSJ
Brazdeikis

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: December 07, 2019, 12:46:18 PM »

Wont be too long til you are saying that..."well. Miller has Payton, Fiz didnt" - or "Mitch isnt fouling as much" - or, "well, Julius ls smarter" - or "well...Fiz gave Frank his confidence" (everything Frank does well, like with Mudiay, will be Fiz's doing).  Anything to say it was not coach Fiz's fault.

Then when (if, I should say - see Woodson, Chaney, Herb.....) Fiz gets another job and is 3 games over .500 you can whine how we should have cut him slack and been patient - unless of course we NAIL the next hire - then who cares?

Not sure I have any idea what point you're trying to make here. I wasn't a fan of Fiz.. my point is Mills and Perry did not put together a good collection of talent. People can debate that but that's just my opinion. And to think that this team was going to be competitive is really ridiculous. Mills and Perry are scurrying like rats on a sinking ship right now. Anything to save their own lives. It looks ugly and cowardly.
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 1844