Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899776 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
CP3 rumor
« Reply #13785 on: October 18, 2020, 09:07:18 PM »

Knox Randle and #8 pick for CP3 - Is a terrible deal.  What the fuck? 

We don't need Leon Rose to make this deal...  this is the kind of deal even Mills had learned to stay away from by the time he got fired.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Melo
« Reply #13786 on: October 19, 2020, 12:11:10 AM »

The only valid reason to sign Melo is damage control.  The Knicks reputation took a hit with how Phil handled Melo.  If Leon the professional brings Melo back it will mainly be to restore some of the damage done by how the Knicks handled his departure from the team. 

Think "Ewing Curse" and how the Knicks probably should've asked Ewing back to retire as a Knick.

I'm not saying I want Melo back. I'm saying that this is the only rationale I would accept for bringing him back.
Not to play 30minutes per night.  Remember there probably won't even be a full-season so this is mostly about optics.

I'm hoping the CP3/Melo talk is just posturing by the FO to kind of kiss and makeup without ever really wanting it to happen.

CP3 has already sent valentines to Milwaukee and LA and probably 20 odd other teams about wanting to play *there*.  My gut tells me NY is rock bottom - nothing more than a hold-your-nose and cash the checks kind of no other choice destination.

Same deal with Melo.  He's so polarizing  to begin with that we might see F'n riots if they sign him.  Again, why and wtf for?

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: CP3 rumor
« Reply #13787 on: October 19, 2020, 12:16:16 AM »

Knox Randle and #8 pick for CP3 - Is a terrible deal.  What the fuck? 

We don't need Leon Rose to make this deal...  this is the kind of deal even Mills had learned to stay away from by the time he got fired.

Yeah, CP3 would arrive as the traveling minstral show.  I can't imagine a good outcome.  And larding draft picks onto the deal would just be not to embarrass CP3 as to how truly worthless his overpriced ass is.

To me, sign and trade Amare for CP3, not  picks.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13788 on: October 19, 2020, 12:18:54 AM »

The only valid reason to sign Melo is damage control.  The Knicks reputation took a hit with how Phil handled Melo.  If Leon the professional brings Melo back it will mainly be to restore some of the damage done by how the Knicks handled his departure from the team. 

Think "Ewing Curse" and how the Knicks probably should've asked Ewing back to retire as a Knick.

I'm not saying I want Melo back. I'm saying that this is the only rationale I would accept for bringing him back.
Not to play 30minutes per night.  Remember there probably won't even be a full-season so this is mostly about optics.

He's so polarizing  to begin with that we might see F'n riots if they sign him.  Again, why and wtf for?

Damage control and spin to make the Knicks look more player and star friendly.
Best case scenario for both camps is word leaks Knicks wanted Melo and offered him a substantial pay-day but he took less to play for a winner.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #13789 on: October 19, 2020, 12:22:13 AM »

He's so polarizing  to begin with that we might see F'n riots if they sign him.  Again, why and wtf for?

Best case scenario for both camps is word leaks Knicks wanted Melo and offered him a substantial pay-day but he took less to play for a winner.

Let us pray.

And, Phil  was right.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 12:23:52 AM by FWK00 »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13790 on: October 19, 2020, 03:30:44 AM »

Let us pray.

And, Phil  was right.

Bullshit. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13791 on: October 19, 2020, 03:37:30 AM »

And, Phil  was right.

Phil handled it poorly and unprofessionally.

And that's only after Phil created the problem by giving Melo a gold plated 5 year deal with a no trade clause.  Who the hell was Phil bidding against?  Even with a 4 year deal, Melo would have made the most money signing with the Knix due to larger annual raises.  Phil could have gold plated a 4 year deal.  Would have been the best deal he could have gotten.  A 5 year deal didn't need to be golden, and I wouldn't have even offered it.  Melo was aging.

Btw, we're still paying Noah, another Phil overpay and a player the Knix also treated badly.  Then Phil somehow decided to go the same route with a budding young star in KZ.  A dumb idea, handled poorly, compounded by a worthless trade.

Add in the triangle Offense and forcing his coaches to adhere to that, and Phil was a disaster.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13792 on: October 19, 2020, 07:00:20 AM »

WOW

An

Indictible War Crime

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13793 on: October 19, 2020, 07:02:02 AM »

And, Phil  was right.

And that's only after Phil created the problem by giving Melo a gold plated 5 year deal with a no trade clause.  Who the hell was Phil bidding against?  Even with a 4 year deal, Melo would have made the most money signing with the Knix due to larger annual raises.  Phil could have gold plated a 4 year deal.  Would have been the best deal he could have gotten.  A 5 year deal didn't need to be golden, and I wouldn't have even offered it.  Melo was aging.

Btw, we're still paying Noah, another Phil overpay and a player the Knix also treated badly.  Then Phil somehow decided to go the same route with a budding young star in KZ.  A dumb idea, handled poorly, compounded by a worthless trade.

Add in the triangle Offense and forcing his coaches to adhere to that, and Phil was a disaster.

WORD

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13794 on: October 19, 2020, 09:06:28 AM »

This week there's talk of Knix drafting Killer Hayes or Okoro.
Okoro just 19 and supposed to be a terrific defender.  Reminds some of Iguodala.
He has limited O and can't make 3's, so would make a weird wing pairing with RJB.
What do you do if both your very young wings can't shoot?

Draft Okoro and try to get Fred VV or Bogdan in FA.
Draft Killian and then look for shooters and defenders.
And at least one of Franc/Jr. Smith need to go.

I'd like to have an Okoro type, but the Knicks really need so much more.  Adding another non-shooter would be underwhelming.

Though it's hard to know what individual roster moves to make since the Knix really need a complete overhaul.  Not one player on the team needs to stay or should be untouchable.  Is RJB or Mitch a legit building block or just all we have to work with?

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13795 on: October 19, 2020, 09:57:16 AM »

Could it be OKORO, then QUICKLEY at 8 and 27?

PG QUICKLEY was only SEC Player of the Year.  And you guys have mentioned the Ky coaching connection

A couple of you had OKORO high on your list.

https://hoopshype.com/team/new-york-knicks/
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13796 on: October 19, 2020, 10:05:19 AM »

I disagree that Knicks need an overhaul

We have 3 starters locked in and several options to retain bench talent.

We could fly as is with DSJ and Knox starting, give them a chance to blossom - and potentially win 32-34 games

But I do expect upgrades in FA - and who knows what the #8 or higher will do to affect the overall strength of the team.

Will Frank take the step up in PER that he needs to off the pine? 

Who leads, other than the coaching staff?  Yet to be determined.

OPTIMISM for new regime.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13797 on: October 19, 2020, 10:08:40 AM »

And, Phil  was right.

"Who was Phil bidding against for Carmelo?"

If you think NOBODY if he got to free agency you are nuts

And Jackson knows, as some of you apparently forget - Hall of Gamers do not land in your lap every dang day

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Setting New AssClown Standards Every Single Day
« Reply #13798 on: October 19, 2020, 11:24:41 AM »

"Who was Phil bidding against for Carmelo?"

If you think NOBODY if he got to free agency you are nuts

And Jackson knows, as some of you apparently forget - Hall of Gamers do not land in your lap every dang day

NOBODY...and btw, you have no business calling anybody nuts.

Check this out, ROFL

https://thehill.com/homenews/521638-trump-biden-will-listen-to-the-scientists-if-elected?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

Trump: Biden will 'listen to the scientists' if elected
Honestly, I ain't laughed so hard in weeks.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #13799 on: October 19, 2020, 11:35:26 AM »

Let us pray.

And, Phil  was right.

Bullshit.

Melo.
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1844