Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917663 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19965 on: August 09, 2021, 09:14:29 PM »

Getting second look at KUMINGA

Very impressive,

They are talking about this class as being maybe the best since '84,  Thus far no disagreement here

Also nice to see Kyle Guy as a "veteran" with the Golden State pups.

Tonight we see Suggs and C Anthony together for ORL.  So far so good. 

You could make many a case for any of the top ten teams picking being better off with another player.  Will revisit this as the year goes along.

(For instance, re:  Suggs - was TOR making a mistake - or did not taking Jalen allow for more court time for a Malachi?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19966 on: August 09, 2021, 09:48:10 PM »

IGGY sighting, with Magic

Showing same negative as Obi - body control/creation of space.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: August 10, 2021, 12:05:28 AM »

Cole Anthony had a hard time playing off the guy replacing him in the Magic’s plans.

Theo Pinson stuffing the stat sheet for the Bucks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19968 on: August 10, 2021, 12:15:29 AM »

Cole Anthony had a hard time playing off the guy replacing him in the Magic’s plans.

They'll play together some

Good to have options

Fultz, Harris, Hampton also aboard

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: August 10, 2021, 12:18:37 AM »

Michael Carter Williams, I guess, as well - but just for a year

ROSS is a three.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Luca Vildoza
« Reply #19970 on: August 10, 2021, 12:34:15 AM »

Luca drew a charge and he can throw that pass that gets you a bucket with one tick on the clock, so he can finish out summer league. I currently have him 6th best PG on the roster as Walker, Rose, McBride, Quickley, and Burks all run rings around him at this point on both ends. Fournier, Barrett, Burks, Grimes, Quickley, and McBride are all ahead of him at SG so he’s 7th in that pecking order. Quickley and McBride together make less salary than he does. He seems cool and all, but I don’t see what justifies picking up his salary and filling a roster spot with him at this point.

And you draw this conclusion out of 4 minutes of playing time?

Seems I’m not the only one to get to a quick conclusion.

Yeah, strange bedfellows, you, Chip and Chamaco-the-other-stable-genius 🧐
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: August 10, 2021, 01:04:36 AM »

With the Bacon signing, I was thinking more Thibs and Rose.

But Vildoza may stick around. You never know…

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19972 on: August 10, 2021, 02:49:50 AM »

With the Bacon signing, I was thinking more Thibs and Rose.

But Vildoza may stick around. You never know…

I have a rooting interest in Vildoza.

Has skills.

Has  been out of sorts all through the summer.

Remains to be seen, but a numbers game at this point, looking to the possibility of Jokubaitis in 2022, maybe 2021...

The reality of Walker, Rose, McBride, Quickley, let alone Grimes and perhaps even Bacon in 2021. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19973 on: August 10, 2021, 05:19:41 AM »

We can take 20 to camp and take 15 + 2 out.

What we know so far about who is signed, by position and in the order I think will resolve from internal competition:

Mitch Noel Taj Sims
Randle Obi Knox Simms
RJ Bacon Grimes
Fournier Burks IQ Vildoza
Rose Walker McBride Rokas

That’s 19. Assuming Rokas takes his Spanish money, and Sims stays on his two-way deal, that’s 17 left to sort out with one cut and one two way.

First let’s find the top fifteen, the ones to start the season on regular contracts

Mitch Noel Taj
Randle Obi Knox
RJ Bacon Grimes
Fournier Burks IQ
Rose Walker McBride

Up in the air is the status of Simms and Vildoza. Simms would be much cheaper to keep and he’d be our 8th frontcourt player where as Vildoza would be our 10th perimeter guy.

I don’t think GLeauge makes much sense for Luca at this point in his career when he can easily make much more in his old league. For Simms the GLeague makes perfect sense and a two-way is a great opportunity fresh out of college.

Saving the amount we’d need to pay Vildoza may be how we afford to pay Bacon enough to get him on board. Vildoza is ready for another run through Euroleague and Eurocup where his Knicks training will serve him well.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 05:26:17 AM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Passing Of The Torch
« Reply #19974 on: August 10, 2021, 10:29:59 AM »

I must say that I simply LOVE the idea of IQ and Deuce going at each other in practice and of soaking up the gravy from Kemba and Derrick.  Tenacious attack dawgs. 

Likewise Obi going head to head with Julius. 

Jericho mixing it up with Noel and Mitchell. 

RJ sparring with Fournier. 

PS: Thibs looked pleased with IQ yesterday. 

PPS: IQ & Deuce pair up with Cade on the morrow in a Summer League Reality Check. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19975 on: August 10, 2021, 10:31:04 AM »

I love how everybody (almost) has got everybody (almost) 100% evaluated and assigned after about 9 minutes of play, lol, particularly the fresh-of-a-plane furriners.

*** I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show, 6 games in 9 days in the middle of summer...YUM. Pretty impressed by the fluidity, team-ball readiness and general respectable level of play compared to my memories of summer leagues past.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
After All...
« Reply #19976 on: August 10, 2021, 10:39:18 AM »

I love how everybody (almost) has got everybody (almost) 100% evaluated and assigned after about 9 minutes of play, lol, particularly the fresh-of-a-plane furriners.

*** I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show, 6 games in 9 days in the middle of summer...YUM. Pretty impressed by the fluidity, team-ball readiness and general respectable level of play compared to my memories of summer leagues past.

It IS Summer League, Dawg. 

None of us is in mid-season form. 

Exercising.  Exorcising. 

A Two Month Hoops Drought After These Rookie Hoe Downs Go Bye Bye. 

Roster Questions? 

Who knows what the Knicks thinking is, evaluation-wise. 

I mean, Luca, for instance.  Knicks Brass saw something.  Basically tendered him a $3.5 million signing bonus, before they knew we were going to re-up Derrick, draft McBride and Jokubaitis, let alone rub Aladdin's lamp and make Kemba Walker appear.   
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:27:13 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Bankshot Alert [Citizen Schroeder]
« Reply #19977 on: August 10, 2021, 11:48:08 AM »

The Earthly Remains Of Dennis Schroeder.

Surely glad the Knicks dodged THIS BULLET, even though I've always liked his game, within reason. 

Good defender and free throw shooter, though very up and down as a three point shooter.

Still, if there is something one needs trust in a point guard, it is JUDGEMENT, and herein, Dennis The Menace has been found wanting. 

When you are teamed with the Lakers Legacy and LeBron no less, and find yourself insulted by their offer of only 4 years guaranteed at $84 million, well, it might be fair to question your judgement as a playmaker [let alone being punked big time in the off season by no less than the iconic Magic Johnson]. 

The Lakers, pausing only to wipe away crocodile tears, placed Dennis in the rear view mirror and traded for Russell Westbrook. 

Meanwhile having rather badly overplayed his hand, Schroeder continues to display the same selfless, level headed judgement that distinguished his self-immolation with one of the premier NBA franchises, to fucking WIT:   
The Boston Celtics have offered Dennis Schroder a one-year deal at the taxpayer midlevel exception of $5.9 million, sources tell Jordi Schultz of ESPN.

Schroder wants the full midlevel exception of $9.5 million and also seeks a second-year player option.

The Celtics want to avoid being hard-capped for the 21-22 season.

How did Boss Jim Getty put it in CITIZEN KANE?

“You're the greatest fool I've ever known, Kane. If it was anybody else, I'd say what's going to happen to you would be a lesson to you. Only you're going to need more than one lesson. And you're going to get more than one lesson.”

« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:50:32 AM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19978 on: August 10, 2021, 11:59:40 AM »

I actually saw Dennis Schroder at a grocery store in LA earlier this year.. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Assaholics R Us
« Reply #19979 on: August 10, 2021, 12:38:49 PM »

I actually saw Dennis Schroder at a grocery store in LA earlier this year.. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Holy cow, as the Scooter would say.

Think perhaps Dennis might've displayed some comparable variation on this selfless, team first attitude and innate respect for his fellow man with Earvin Johnson?  I mean, Magic's post-season response to Dennis seemed oddly out of proportion with his contributions on the court, no?   

Compare and contrast DS's churlish, self-absorbed behavior with that of The Greek Freak. 

This 11-year old white girl had spent a considerable amount of time working on a very personal piece of artwork for Giannis, who, being what members of my tribe refer to as a mensch, when presented with this gift from the heart at an autograph/meet & greet session, was genuinely moved and responded in kind, coming out from behind the table to give her an enthusiastic hug, eliciting tears from the little girl and cementing a lifetime of positive memories and a genuine bond between them that will never wane. 

C-H-A-R-A-C-T-E-R

I mean, really, how much more effort does it take to be kind and caring, as opposed to being a self-absorbed,  douche-nozzle?  Stealing candy bars when he is making 15 million a year?

The Celtics have a number of high character guys in Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown. 

If I'm GM Brad Stevens, I bite the bullet, hand the keys to the car back to a resigned Marcus Smart [and Peyton Pritchard and Kris Dunn], as middling and insufficient as that might be, rather than take on someone who is not likely to engender team spirit and chemistry. 

PS: 4 X 84 was insulting to Dennis The Menace, but Julius probably left that much on the table, when he agreed to 4 x 117, saving the Knicks like 80 million over what he could've gotten in the summer of 2022, leaving the team with the financial resources to pursue talent.  Mind you, not like $29 million a year is chopped liver, as the old saying goes, and Julius was amply rewarded for his breakout year, but in extending on his Team First Leadership, he helps to double clutch the emerging Knicks Kultur in a tangible, meaningful way. 

THANKS FOR SHARING, Kam. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 12:42:55 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 1848