Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943077 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21495 on: December 02, 2021, 11:55:20 AM »

KIA ROOKIE LADDER (usage and rankings) - Barnes over Mobley - current

Love this - just J Kuminga and Z Williams - of top ten picked - not in actual top ten, though top pick Green barely makes list

Usage numbers also given, with Suggs in lead

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-rookie-ladder-dec-1-2021-edition

Knicks had it right in liking Duarte
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 11:58:08 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21496 on: December 02, 2021, 12:37:11 PM »

The NBA released its last 2-minutes report from the Nets game, and yes, the Knicks did indeed get jobbed. While the league ruled that the foul call on Mitch at the end of the game was correct, they also admitted that they missed a 3-second violation on LaMarcus Aldridge immediately before that, and that a swipe by James Harden on Julius Randle (highlighted below) was also unfair contact.

I noticed what seemed a clear 3 sec on LMA.  It seemed like the refs gave him leeway since he started to try getting out of the lane around/before the 3 sec mark. But he was in there for nearly a 4 count.

Harden got his foul in early as Randle gathered and turned, and it was hard for the refs to see if Harden made any contact on his quick slap.  And under 2 mins the refs tend to call less. 

Randle didn't sell the foul (yes, he shouldn't have to), but by continuing with his normal shooting motion and looking unaffected, the ref assumed there was no contact (or just ball contact).  50/50 if that gets called, really only if the ref had a great view. 

Blame Thibs for blowing his challenge earlier on a Rose foul circa 6' left when Durant drove and missed a dunk.  Also, Rose should have simply sauntered over by the bench and admit that he hit KD's arm.  Rose had to know the challenge would be unsuccessful.  More than any other coach I've seen, Thibs is willing to use his challenge early, including 1st half.  Best to save them for the endgame.

Also, that was ridiculous for Randle to act out and get a T so late in such a close game.  And then next thing he loses the ball on a drive, possibly because his head was still steaming.  Unleaderlike.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21497 on: December 02, 2021, 12:52:37 PM »

Also, Rose should have simply sauntered over by the bench and admit that he hit KD's arm.  Rose had to know the challenge would be unsuccessful. 

Good catch - I thought the same at the time

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21498 on: December 02, 2021, 12:56:03 PM »

Also, that was ridiculous for Randle to act out and get a T so late in such a close game.  And then next thing he loses the ball on a drive, possibly because his head was still steaming.  Unleaderlike.

No alpha.  As I said.

ROSE is the only candidate.  Quickley the only other to show that type chutzpah (sorry, Chip).  But neither plays enough minutes.

WESTBROOK - for good or bad (I will say GOOD, though not ideal) - becomes that guy.  (No worries - LBJ not letting Russ go).  PAUL - absolutely perfect - as would have BALL.

Re:  Lonzo - Bulls were sanctioned for tampering - losing a #2 pick.  How in hell does that help a team like NY - who was hurt by the tampering?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21499 on: December 02, 2021, 12:57:01 PM »

If Bulls land LaMelo in free agency, I will be quite pissed.

chipstern

• View Profile
Phantasy Island
« Reply #21500 on: December 02, 2021, 06:31:06 PM »

Davion is a relentless defender.  He seems to be a Pa Bev type player.  Maybe can improve the shooting to become a Marcus Smart.

The best Haliburton trade for the Knix would be Fournier for TyH, but the money doesn't work at all.  We'd get a ballhandler, decision-maker, defender upgrade at combo G.  They'd get the better outside shooter.   TyH & Bags for Fournier + could work.

I'd offer Quix for TyH.  But Quix is somewhat duplicative of Fox, but with a 3-ball.
And they have 2 PG's already (ie they say No)

ObiT for TyH is a fair deal.  Which they could do since they are down on Bagley.  Not that they should trade a defender/ballhandler and add another iffy defender (ObiT has been improving on D).  Knix would be thin at PF, unless Sims can man the backup PF.  Kings could toss in Bags and we give them say Noel.

Obit & Noel for TyH & Bags
Money seems to work.  Looks like Bags will be a FA next year.  We'd drop Nawlins $9M, maybe resign Bags at $5M(?).  They have Tristan and Len, but no shot blocker.  Maybe Noel's gimpiness is a turnoff, but good to have a shotblocker next to Holmes for part of his nightly run.  ObiT would get more minutes, either starting or backing up Holmes/Barnes.

Issues: Knix have a lot of G's already.  TyH plays a similar role as Rose.
It doesn't solve our lack of starting PG, unless we make it Rose.  TyH is a combo G, not a full-time starting PG. 

For the Knix, it makes more sense moving Fournier for TyH. (TyH & Bags for Fournier +).  Kings probably would prefer ObiT.  But then they'd have Fox - Hield - Obit - Holmes as turnstyles.   Knox and Kemba are available on our side if that helps anything.

The Kings already have Harrison Barnes and Buddy Hield. 

Why then would they have any interest in Fournier for three guaranteed years? 

And why pray tell would they have any interest in trading Haliburton?

Would Chip do Fournier for TyH and Bagley?

Seems rather wildly one sided in our favor.  But Bagley is Okafor 2.1

Oh, and are we trading OBI again?  Why, pray tell?  Did they legalize marijuana in Shanghai?  And are we really inviting a Marvin Bagley return?  MB is not an out and out bum, but he is wildly inconsistent, inevitably injured, a lousy shooter, a lousy FT shooter, not a rim protector, not a significant defender or shot blocker, and is always pissed off about riding the pine...and when Junior isn't pissed, his father is on Twitter having a hissy fit and demanding a trade, except who the fuck wants to trade for someone so fragile and iffy, making 11.3 this season with a qualifying offer of 14.7 due next season. 

Except the Kings DID NOT EXTEND BAGLEY A QUALIFYING OFFER, meaning he will be an unrestricted FA in the summer of 2022. 

Maybe the Mavs will extend him an offer. 

God knows the Knicks will not. 

Clearly you have too much time on your hands. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj8fbfOAkZ4&t=64s

Rather than chase your own tail, enjoy instead Buster Keaton pursued by thousands of scorned brides-in-waiting [from 1925], perhaps the greatest chase sequence in the history of cinema. 

chipstern

• View Profile
I'll See Your Improbable Trade And Raise You One
« Reply #21501 on: December 02, 2021, 06:47:11 PM »

First of all, nothing goes down until Deember 15. 

Second, the Kings are NOT SHOPPING Haliburton. 

Third, obviously Bagley is up for grabs. 

However, Harrison Barnes is purportedly being shopped.

Can't see why.

6'8"

29 years old

35.0   5.8   12.1   .478   1.9   4.9   .398   3.8   7.2   .533   .559   5.5   6.5   .846   1.4   5.8   7.2   2.4   1.0   0.2   2.1   1.4   19.0

Excellent shooter and shot creator.  Top tier FT shooter, getting to the line 6.5 times a game.  7.2 boards and 2.4 assists...gives you coverage at SF and PF. 

Perhaps we could offer them Kemba, Knox and a bag of magic beans. 

Anyway, since we are dreaming the impossible dream....

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21502 on: December 02, 2021, 06:50:02 PM »

Chip - the issue is a Haliburton-based offer (say three guys) for an ALPHA type player.

Lets call him McCollum.

For Knicks lets call him .... well, we dont have a guy unless it is Randle.

Bo prefers to keep Ty H (for Kings) and likely Mitchell, shitcan (offer in trade) everyone else and build.

Me?  I think Fox is a stud, I appreciate Hield (though could live with dealing him) and I like Holmes.  Mitchell obviously a keeper.  How do you IMPROVE from there.  You are a 30-35- maybe 38-41 win team tops - but getting a key semi-star in here with Fox - you may then have something.  Haliburton is GLUE.  But there's not enough balsa for the glue to take.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 06:53:54 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21503 on: December 02, 2021, 06:57:13 PM »

Chip isnt taking Ty H for Obi

Interesting

chipstern

• View Profile
It's Official
« Reply #21504 on: December 02, 2021, 07:27:27 PM »

Smart

Beautiful

Funny

Can stick the trey.

I am in love with Monica McNutt.

Tall

Tan

&

Terrific

Oh death where is thy sting.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21505 on: December 02, 2021, 07:41:33 PM »

"Smart

Beautuful..."

MASCULINE...

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21506 on: December 02, 2021, 07:51:18 PM »

Ahhh...the Bulls

At different times this forum has had low opinion of

BALL
LEVINE
DEROZEN
WHITE

Not sure why this is.

Maybe Vucevic and Caruso are what is driving them - heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21507 on: December 02, 2021, 08:00:10 PM »

Taj ejected

Thibs simmering

This will ignite us...

or this is a blowout at home

Oy.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasy Island
« Reply #21508 on: December 02, 2021, 08:01:48 PM »

The best Haliburton trade for the Knix would be...
...                ...                   ......                    .......    ........... ...........................
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................................................

And why pray tell would they have any interest in trading Haliburton?

Clearly you have too much time on your hands. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj8fbfOAkZ4&t=64s

Rather than chase your own tail, enjoy instead Buster Keaton pursued by thousands of scorned brides-in-waiting [from 1925], perhaps the greatest chase sequence in the history of cinema.

Chip, BoZ produced all of those PHANTASY TRADES only because his friend Chamaco Cartero dared him to do so.

GREAT CHASE SEQUENCE, THANK YOU.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21509 on: December 02, 2021, 08:10:03 PM »

So happy the porous defender Walker isnt in there tonight

heh

(Bulls pour in 37, including an alley oop to............Caruso.  I kid you not)

I will wait for Bo to analyze the quarter - should be good.
Pages: 1 ... 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 ... 1850