Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1456 1457 [1458] 1459 1460 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964224 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21855 on: December 21, 2021, 05:35:21 PM »

The Knicks have a 99.5 defensive rating with Randle off the court this season. That number would lead the league. If he can even be part of a league average defense in his minutes, that will be just fine.  Just asking Julius to care.  Care! Just CARE!!!

Fuck off!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
It's Miller Time, baby!
« Reply #21856 on: December 21, 2021, 06:35:57 PM »

I can see, from the recent posts by you and my worthy constituents, Facil and Kam [and Carlos], that THESE ARE THE TIMES THAT TRY MENS' SOULS, and that we have officially entered that familiar phase of Knicks history where we entertain fire sales and tear it all down, including, it would seem, Coach Thibs. 

Peace.

I for one don't want to tear down the team. No fire sale here, I want to keep em all, including Kemba.

Just wanna get rid of Thibs, it looks like he lost the team, as usual, and for good reason. I said it before, the way he disrespected Kemba was despicable.

Get Mike Miller back, he was a good coach, and good for this team.

Peace.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco back at it #454
« Reply #21857 on: December 21, 2021, 06:54:44 PM »

The Knicks have a 99.5 defensive rating with Randle off the court this season. That number would lead the league. If he can even be part of a league average defense in his minutes, that will be just fine.  Just asking Julius to care.  Care! Just CARE!!!

Fuck off!

Is that the best you can do, Chamaco? what PROFOUND REASONING!

- Help Chamaco Cartero! -(he needs it much more than Andy Parker)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 07:20:51 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: It's Miller Time, baby!
« Reply #21858 on: December 21, 2021, 06:56:46 PM »

I can see, from the recent posts by you and my worthy constituents, Facil and Kam [and Carlos], that THESE ARE THE TIMES THAT TRY MENS' SOULS, and that we have officially entered that familiar phase of Knicks history where we entertain fire sales and tear it all down, including, it would seem, Coach Thibs. 

Peace.

I for one don't want to tear down the team. No fire sale here, I want to keep em all, including Kemba.

Just wanna get rid of Thibs, it looks like he lost the team, as usual, and for good reason. I said it before, the way he disrespected Kemba was despicable.

Peace.

Is this the best YOU can do?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: It's Miller Time, baby!
« Reply #21859 on: December 21, 2021, 07:23:34 PM »

Peace.

Peace.

Is this the best YOU can do?

YESSSSSSSS 😁

I also want Fac on the coaching staff, provided he has no input on trades.

Whom do you propose to replace Thibs?

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21860 on: December 21, 2021, 11:31:34 PM »

Kemba and Evan are slowly working their way off my naughty list. Kemba faster than Evan, though I like McBride eventually as the starter.

Noel is terrible. He makes me yearn for the more inspired play of Jarred Jefferies and Jordan Hill. I do not know what we could get for him, but I do not want to see him play anymore in a Knicks uni. It is too depressing.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21861 on: December 22, 2021, 12:02:14 AM »

I would just like to say "welcome back, Mitch!"
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21862 on: December 22, 2021, 01:13:43 AM »

I'd be patient with Mitch & Father Noel.  Neither has been healthy this year.
Noel was pretty terrific last year.  And it'd be nice to keep and develop Mitch long term.
Depends if NYK feels he can stay healthy.  Mitch & RJB are the only two Knix I'm (mostly) committed to.  And like the looks of early Grimes.

Don't especially want to lose Rose, but do want a starting PG.   Brunson has looked good and crafty when I've seen DAL.  Gotta give to get.  If I'm DAL I'm wary of trading young for old, that's why I'd want Mitch in the deal. 

Not sure where else we get a starting PG from.  McBride looks promising but is going to take some years to develop.  IQ looks like a scoring combo-G bench player. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 01:15:33 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21863 on: December 22, 2021, 02:15:02 AM »

Fizdale can still inspire and lead a team to the same level of excellence as he did in New York.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21864 on: December 22, 2021, 03:35:44 AM »

Short-handed Lakes, so ... Melo gets ejected for arguing a minor foul non-call.
Leaving the Lakes with THT and Rondo firing off wonky 3's.
While Westbrook was his usual mess of a self, putting up numbers and coughing up 6 2nd half turnovers.  Perennially on Bo's list of worst "star" players.  Along with Tangelo.

Franc started next to Brunson (28 Pts) in a DAL W.
Maybe Franc had something to do with Tangelo's 1-11 on 3's.  Why on earth is Tangelo heaving 11 triples?  39% FG for the season.  Did he bet on the other team?

And that's a little noticed NBA subplot.  From its former anti-gambling stance, to raking in lots of ad revenue from all sorts of online gaming sites.  Even long-time announcers such as Chuck & Kenny recruited into the gambling vortex.  Another small step in the downward spiral of America.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 08:30:57 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21865 on: December 22, 2021, 07:58:21 AM »

Bo

Not disagreeing on your Mitch\Barrett long term take.  I still have RJ on the block (both actually) if we can add an alpha guy.

Though I do continue to ask - what type contract extension offers do you see for the duo, Robinson next year and Barrett in 23?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21866 on: December 22, 2021, 08:05:32 AM »

In on Brunson of course.  How did so many miss on this NCAA champ with league pedigree?

Jalen of course also gets big bucks next year if we are fortunate enough to keep him.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21867 on: December 22, 2021, 08:13:50 AM »

Looking ahead - I guess we like McBride and Quickley enough but have to like this guy for upcoming draft.

https://www.basketballnews.com/draft/2022-big-board/players/collin-gillespie

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Magic #
« Reply #21868 on: December 22, 2021, 10:39:23 AM »

On the season, the Knicks are now 11-1 when they hold teams to 103 or fewer points and 3-16 when they don't.   It ain't that complicated.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21869 on: December 22, 2021, 11:05:57 AM »

Not that interesting a game.
Mitch was outstanding.
Noel was solid except for fumbling one pass.
Fournier active.  Early on, Fournier was missing drives but getting Kobe assists as Mitch would follow up.  Kemba was solid.
But Knix still had trouble putting away a scraggly DET team.

Bey couldn't make a shot but played hard.
Cunningham was mostly a disaster until he started zipping some nice passes very late.
I haven't seen him enough, PG's take time to develop, he has nice size, etc.  But my initial impression is I'd much rather have Scottie Barnes or Mobley.  Of course a franchise PG is invaluable, but it's not even clear Cunningham is a PG.
Last week I saw Barnes dueling first KD then LeBJ,  Skilled athletic young man with an NBA body.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1456 1457 [1458] 1459 1460 ... 1851