Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964600 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #27030 on: August 20, 2023, 12:11:28 PM »

Any way...

Brunson
RJ
Julius

Big Three

Robinson, Hartenstein, Sims.

Solid center trinity.  Not Wilt or Embid, but boards, D, rim protection.

IQ

Ever maturing sixth man-combo guard

Grimes

Ever maturing wing scorer and defender

Hart, DiVincenzo.

Swiss Army Knife defenders, rebounders,
facilitators, long range sniping wing and combo guard.

Not sexy enough?

FUCK YOU KNICK FANS.

Stability
Continuity
Versatility
Coherence

IVE GROWN ACCUSTOM TO YOUR FACE.

YEARS AS KNICKS AND WITH EACH OTHER, Going On...Their Year

Mitchell, 6
JR, RJ, 5
IQ, 4
Grimes, Sims, McBride  3
Brunson, Hart, Hartenstein, 2
DiVincenzo, 1

Eleven solid players, several still maturing pros, several maturing young vets, arguably one super star, one all star, and one on the cusp of all stardom. 

The grass ain't always greener. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Obviously
« Reply #27031 on: August 20, 2023, 12:14:10 PM »

In the unlikely event Embid became available, RJ, Mitchell and multiple #1 picks would be heading out.

Other than Joel, I am indifferent to any other shiny objects phantasies.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27032 on: August 21, 2023, 06:48:48 PM »

Please God let us not make that stupid move for Embid.

Mitch, Evan, Hartenstein, a first protected and the two seconds we got for Obi is all I would give and  I would still pass. He is no kind of late round performer and he slows your team down leaving his twenties. He makes even more money in his thirties already breaking down.

No rescuing Philly.

For fucks sake. 

They wasted his window. Let them carry his ass.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 06:50:53 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27033 on: August 21, 2023, 08:37:19 PM »

Dump Dwayne Washington or buyout Evan and sign Usman Garuba asap please.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27034 on: August 22, 2023, 01:33:44 AM »

Please God let us not make that stupid move for Embid.

Mitch, Evan, Hartenstein, a first protected and the two seconds we got for Obi is all I would give and  I would still pass. He is no kind of late round performer and he slows your team down leaving his twenties. He makes even more money in his thirties already breaking down.

No rescuing Philly.

For fucks sake. 

They wasted his window. Let them carry his ass.

Word

Sorry, Dawg

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27035 on: August 22, 2023, 02:41:44 AM »

No worries.

Dawg days of summer and all.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27036 on: August 22, 2023, 04:18:22 PM »

NBA fines Harden $100,000.

Still a tenable 20 ppg, 10 assist man, but no one is giving a 4 year max deal to a 34 year old, who quit on his last three teams [Rockets, Nets, Sixers]
and leveraged trade shakedowns.  And can't be bothered to support the league MVP.

LOSER
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 04:21:32 PM by chipstern »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #27037 on: August 23, 2023, 11:41:46 PM »

So I haven't missed much.

We've got the ideal team, a team for the ages, and you know, shit would just be mucked up if we managed to get a league MVP.

That totally makes sense.

And uh RJ Barrett ("he's only xxx years old!!!!!) continues to be Chip's fantasy figure:

"Meanwhile, everyone pisses on RJ, because he is an underachiever still growing into his body and maturing his game and perfecting shooting......An underachiever basically coming off two seasons of 20ppg, 6 boards and 3 assists.....Thus fair weather friends demean him and amateur GMs include him in every let's give away half the team for Paul George, Zach Lavine, Donovan Mitchell......RJ is a man on a mission."

First, fuck you for including Donovan Mitchell there. If you can't see the difference between him and RJ, gotta clean your glasses.

Moreover, you wrote earlier that Grimes is gonna have a breakout year! How the fuck is that happening with RJ always taking a boatload of shots every night? This shit is getting stupid.

I will announce my truth for the 100th time. [1] RJ and Randle and Thibs are a good but not great combo, and will always be more sluggish than elite teams. [2] And.....RJ has NEVER shown he is a clutch player. He had trouble against top defenders when the game is on the line. If he plays like an All-Star in the 2nd quarter, he almost never does in the last 5 minutes, where the dude makes innumerable bonehead plays.

He's a great young man. Maybe on another team, running another offense, RJ can shine. But on this team, he's our ceiling. We can't go beyond his limits.

He's exactly the kind of guy you give up to get a more impactful player and a team that can go deep into the playoffs..

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27038 on: August 24, 2023, 02:00:03 AM »

I think the Brunsons, father and son, will have more impact relative to Thibs this year than they had last year. If it happens that might mean different shots in different spots for different players.

I feel we should give that twenty games or so to work itself out before judging how valuable any player is this season. We go into the off-season with the task of adding counters and wrinkles to our sets instead of building them from the ground up as we have had to do through the carousel of the preceding decades.

A trade could happen. Evan is good ballast and we have picks for sweeteners, but there is no reason to hurry at all.

Our current roster by and large is collectively entering its prime. 

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Elephant Gun
« Reply #27039 on: August 24, 2023, 03:11:19 AM »

Enjoyed your post.

Keep 'em coming.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27040 on: August 24, 2023, 08:18:26 AM »

Donovan Mitchell is a great player.

After a history of wildly overpaying for shiny objects, Leon &  Company decided to try a more conservative approach. 

Most on this forum had us missing the play in, maybe winning 33 or so games

We WON 47.

Yawn.

Not an RJ Enthusiast.

"Bad fit."

We shall see.

This is a pivotal season for RJ.

I suspect Jalen will have something to do with that.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 08:20:52 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
A Swiss Army Knife For Defensive Coordinator Wink Martendale
« Reply #27041 on: August 24, 2023, 08:35:55 PM »

Giants got 6'4, 238 pound LB/Corner/Edge Rusher Isaiah Simmons from the Cardinals for a 7th round draft pick.

Tailor Made for defensive coordinator Wink Martendale and his free form, blitz happy defense.  A Bobby Bell scaled Swiss Army Knife.

I wanted us to take him at #4 in 2020.  We took left tackle Andrew Thomas, and the Cardinals selected him at #8.

Hot Damn.  Psyched.  Unless of course you are a Jets fan and who could give a damn.

🌄
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 08:37:37 PM by chipstern »

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: A Swiss Army Knife For Defensive Coordinator Wink Martendale
« Reply #27042 on: August 26, 2023, 10:23:44 AM »

Giants got 6'4, 238 pound LB/Corner/Edge Rusher Isaiah Simmons from the Cardinals for a 7th round draft pick.

Tailor Made for defensive coordinator Wink Martendale and his free form, blitz happy defense.  A Bobby Bell scaled Swiss Army Knife.

I wanted us to take him at #4 in 2020.  We took left tackle Andrew Thomas, and the Cardinals selected him at #8.

Hot Damn.  Psyched.  Unless of course you are a Jets fan and who could give a damn.

🌄

Living in DC for last 33 years I hope for the best from both football franchises and of course I
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27043 on: August 26, 2023, 11:02:56 AM »

Me, too.

Knicks and Nets as well.

Especially after Yankees & Mets meltdowns.

A positive autumnal vibe

chipstern

• View Profile
Meanwhile
« Reply #27044 on: August 26, 2023, 11:08:28 AM »

DVR-d 1995 Knicks v Pacers Game 7 semifinals from NBA TV.

Timely reminder how good Patrick was

And The Willis coming through the tunnel 1970 Game 7.  Knicks safely ahead, fans give Elgin Baylor an ovation on his way to the bench.
Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 ... 1851