Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145439 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3885 on: January 31, 2019, 11:25:24 AM »

I dont think Hardaway is exactly like any player the Celts have.......

but playing time concerns are important, of course....

Celts also dont match up with many teams in terms of deling salaries.   Likely they stand pat.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: January 31, 2019, 11:43:24 AM »

Pretty hard to imagine who would take Timmy. Has to be a team with a real need. Pacers maybe? Tyreke Evans has been a big disappointment. Could see it if they can't do better. While Hardaway is looking like an awful bargain at that 18 mil per, he did have a promising start this year. Maybe some are willing to attribute part of his descent to the plummeting overall team environment.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: January 31, 2019, 11:43:51 AM »

Celts also dont match up with many teams in terms of deling salaries.   Likely they stand pat.

I don't see the need nor the fit.

IMO the Cetls will likely keep their ammo dry for possible deals next year.

Their one real concern is getting Hayward to 100%.  He's been hard to watch lately. He reminds me of a '70 Bailey Howell.

Nagel

• View Profile
Re: TH Jr.
« Reply #3888 on: January 31, 2019, 12:45:07 PM »

Nagel, I appreciate your wishful thinking, but doubt there are any takers for Hard-away.

true
PS

EK on Knicks

I’ll say in five to seven years they’ll definitely get that ring"

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: January 31, 2019, 12:59:32 PM »

Thought experiment: If the Knicks win the lottery, then trade Courtly + Zion + Lance + future picks for Anthony Davis, and are unable to entice a free agent to come and so don't move Timmy and instead spend their remaining cap space on Ricky Rubio on a contract similar to what he has right now, how does Timmy then look? If he's not taking those tough shots, the end of shot clock isos, the bailout plays, do his percentages all of a sudden pick up? Does he continue to improve at doing the little things? Is his secondary playmaking useful in the below rotation, or a wasted talent since he'll only be a spot-up guy? I mean, he's still not going to be worth that contract, but does he help the team win enough that one doesn't gnash one's teeth so often anymore, in this scenario? And does he help the team win enough that Davis sees a contender here and decides to stay - or do we say that if we trade for Davis we absolutely must get rid of Timmy and replace him with a better player, no matter how many picks we give up?

Rubio/THJr/Knox/Brow/KP
Mudiay/Ntilikina/Dotson/free agent PF /Mitch

(presume for a second that's what we can afford)

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: January 31, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »

Btw, the absolute best case scenario, that I can figure, is the Knicks use some combination Vonleh/Dotson/Burke to entice a team to take on Courtney Lee.

Then win the lottery. Under normal circumstances, you definitely keep a potentially generational talent like Zion. But if the Knicks hear that Davis coming to NY means that any one of Kemba/Kyrie/Klay/Kevin (Durant) is willing to come play at MSG, in front of Celebrity Row and Breen&Clyde and all that good stuff, then you take a deep breath and move Zion because Zion < Davis + another all star. But you'd obviously want to be pretty confident in what you're hearing from the agents.

Anyhow, then you trade Zion/THJr/Lance/future picks for Davis. And you'd have enough cap space for a) Durant + MLE sized player + a mini-MLE exception  or b) one of the other guys plus almost two MLE size players. And once you have Davis+Durant+Porzingis in NYC, then you get vets taking sweetheart deals at the end of their careers, like the Warriors get. You can then have a rotation that looks like this:

Rubio/Ntilikina/Durant/Davis/Porzingis
Mudiay/IsoZo/Knox/Taj Gibson/Mitch

(Presume Durant to a max contract, Rubio to ~$11 per contract, Mudiay to the mini-MLE on some sort of loyalty discount, and Taj signing for the vet min to come play in his hometown)

That's the best case scenario. It's good enough to win the East, possibly the title. It just requires a) a Courtly trade in the next week and b) all the luck in the world.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Spinning
« Reply #3891 on: January 31, 2019, 02:11:56 PM »

You guys are making my head spin. We don’t have Zion, most likely (86%) we won’t get him, and are already giving up on him for a player who don’t want to be in NY. All I can say is Lordy have mercy!

Grateful you’re not our GMs. Perry/Mills looking pretty good right now, and that ain’t easy.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: January 31, 2019, 02:21:00 PM »

Their one real concern is getting Hayward to 100%.  He's been hard to watch lately. He reminds me of a '70 Bailey Howell.

Hayward will play sparingly come playoffs if not producing

Celtics cant afford to let this opportunity pass.

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: January 31, 2019, 02:33:54 PM »

where there is smoke there is  fire.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/31/kristaps-porzingis-vents-to-knicks-bosses-in-alarming-meeting/

if I am KP I am thinking get me OUT OF THIS MESS.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: January 31, 2019, 02:49:37 PM »

Yup.

Lotta risks brought about by the crap that's been created.

And great players don't think hey, it will all get great when I get there.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:59:08 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: January 31, 2019, 03:01:44 PM »

where there is smoke there is  fire.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/31/kristaps-porzingis-vents-to-knicks-bosses-in-alarming-meeting/

if I am KP I am thinking get me OUT OF THIS MESS.

Just got a report that Knicks are looking to trade KP before the deadline!!!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: January 31, 2019, 03:18:08 PM »

Passing on Hardaway is the only play.

There is no fit nor need to add the guy when they got too much depth as is. And they can use the $20MM per for other guys.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: January 31, 2019, 03:23:28 PM »

Thought experiment: If the Knicks win the lottery, then trade Courtly + Zion + Lance + future picks for Anthony Davis, and are unable to entice a free agent to come and so don't move Timmy and instead spend their remaining cap space on Ricky Rubio on a contract similar to what he has right now, how does Timmy then look? If he's not taking those tough shots, the end of shot clock isos, the bailout plays, do his percentages all of a sudden pick up? Does he continue to improve at doing the little things? Is his secondary playmaking useful in the below rotation, or a wasted talent since he'll only be a spot-up guy? I mean, he's still not going to be worth that contract, but does he help the team win enough that one doesn't gnash one's teeth so often anymore, in this scenario? And does he help the team win enough that Davis sees a contender here and decides to stay - or do we say that if we trade for Davis we absolutely must get rid of Timmy and replace him with a better player, no matter how many picks we give up?

Rubio/THJr/Knox/Brow/KP
Mudiay/Ntilikina/Dotson/free agent PF /Mitch

(presume for a second that's what we can afford)

Good post

First scenario seems right to me.

But I think Davis is gone by then.  They wont wait til we get the Zion pick, will they?.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: January 31, 2019, 03:26:14 PM »

Passing on Hardaway is the only play.

There is no fit nor need to add the guy when they got too much depth as is. And they can use the $20MM per for other guys.

Probably right

Would have to be a 3-way anyway......maybe get Tim and others to Pelicans and Davis to Celts?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Porzingis to Dallas for Dennis Smith Jr
« Reply #3899 on: January 31, 2019, 03:47:38 PM »

We are also dumping Timmy and Courtney on the MAVS for DeAndre DeJordan and Worldwide Wes Matthews.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 1861