Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943126 times)

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4020 on: February 01, 2019, 09:05:04 AM »

Am I the only one who knows Durant is 30 years old, and after 30 the body and skillset starts decreasing.  I'd much rather a Kyrie and Boogie deal.  Boogie played good next to Davis in Narleans.  Kyrie, Dennis, Knox, Boogie, Mitch.  Thats a hellohvuh starting five.  All young, Kyrie drives the team, Dennis takes over when he needs a rest, We got Trier in the wings.  Also unlike everybody else in the forum I like Kanter.  People downplay the importance of offensive rebounds.  Kanter gets them all. He is definitely an asset. and he is young.  Defense can be taught.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: February 01, 2019, 09:07:26 AM »

Correction, KP is injured. Mavs messages seem very against trade. They like Jordan and Smith has nice numbers. Gamble is all with Mavs, can KP get back to form?

New York Knicks guard Allonzo Trier -- a rookie revelation on a two-way contract --- has signed a new deal, the team announced Thursday.

The deal is for two years, $7 million with a team option for the second year, sources told ESPN.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: February 01, 2019, 10:59:03 AM »

http://www.tankathon.com/

I played and Dallas got the #2 pick and we got the #5 pick.  it said the pick was not conveyed to Atlanta because of 1-5 protection. 

So we would get both!

woo!

We have a 52.1 % Chance at a Top 4 pick and Dallas has a 9.4% chance at a Top 4 pick.

We have a 14% chance at the #1 and Dallas as a 2% chance at the #1

I think Tankathon will change this. I don't think Dallas is in a position to trade that pick given the prior agreement with Atlanta. We should definitely not hope Dallas moves up.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: February 01, 2019, 11:08:48 AM »

Why Sell Low on KZ (unsigned, hasn't returned to the court yet), when getting not much at all back?  Just cap space.  And erratic Smith Jr.

Yup, extremely expensive erasure of a GM's mistake.

What if we go a different way? What if coach plays to win. Everybody looks better when they're playing with a team, like a team.He instills some defense rather than cruising to last in the league. Puts in a coherent offense rather than just go shoot. Young ones still get plenty of time, but Joerger or Atkinson style, in the service of ball. They actually learn something. Meanwhile,  Lee's value maximized. He was coming off an excellent year. Team play helps THJ look better. He clearly came into this season pumped and ready to go. We're sitting in the 7 or 8 spot. Then, bet you can move your guys at the trade deadline with minimal pain, without attaching the most promising two-way player we've had in a gen.  Increase your guys value not destroy it, imagine that! Then, after they're moved, as much Kornet and Kadeem time as you like, drift down to 3-4-5 in the second half. Functionally not much different then 1-2-3. This is not your father's lotto, really. You win Zion or you don't. But there's no actual path to losing your way to him. Plus, the house looks much more attractive to free agents. Did you see that? Fiz had those guys winning a few. He's got something good going on. I want to be a part of that. With Porzingis coming back and Barrett or Ja or Zion or whoever coming on. And you've actually built something.

This can still all work out. An unprotected pick can always turn to gold if things go wrong at the other end. A bum in the garbage dump can win lotto. But make no mistake, most expensive failure cover up ever.

*** And then, of course, there are the aesthetic and emotional rewards of such an alternate path.   I watch basketball because seeing the game played well gives me pleasure, not for the # of championship trophies my home team possesses. Which is a good thing. Since my home team hasn't earned any since I was 8 years old. Seeing repeated self-immolations is far less rewarding to me than seeing something develop and grow.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:18:04 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: February 01, 2019, 11:58:56 AM »

I played and Dallas got the #2 pick and we got the #5 pick.  it said the pick was not conveyed to Atlanta because of 1-5 protection. 

So we would get both!

woo!

We have a 52.1 % Chance at a Top 4 pick and Dallas has a 9.4% chance at a Top 4 pick.

I think Tankathon will change this. I don't think Dallas is in a position to trade that pick given the prior agreement with Atlanta. We should definitely not hope Dallas moves up.

They can trade the pick because it is still theirs if it is top 5.   
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: February 01, 2019, 12:17:40 PM »

So we would get both!

woo!

They can trade the pick because it is still theirs if it is top 5.

Tankathon has already fixed this - top five picks are now being retained by Dallas, correctly. They cannot trade the pick, but they can remove the protection and let it to go directly to Atlanta (which they aren't going to). The pick next year is promised to Atlanta if this year's doesn't convey and you cannot send out two picks in a rule due to the Stepian Rule, so, in fact, the first pick the Knicks can get is in 2021, not this year. If Dallas keeps their pick by landing in the top 5, the Knicks won't get a pick until 2022, and at that point the Mavs will have not only added a top-5 pick this year but also had an extra year for Luka to approach MVP levels and to sort out the supporting cast. All that said - one should definitely, definitely not hope for the Mavs to move up in the draft. In fact, there is little downside to the Mavs winning.

Don't want the Kings to move up in the draft, Celtics own that pick.
Don't want the Lakers to move up in the draft, in case there's any chance Davis ends up in NY.
Don't want the Mavs to move up in the draft for the aforementioned reasons.

Anyone else, especially in the West, and it doesn't matter except to the extent it means the Knicks have moved down in the draft.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: February 01, 2019, 12:38:38 PM »

Then it was a bad trade.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
By the way
« Reply #4027 on: February 01, 2019, 12:55:25 PM »

Fuck Unicorn

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: February 01, 2019, 01:09:54 PM »

I don't see KZ coming off a severe injury doing a 1 year $7.5M high risk deal.  Lock in a max deal and you have $150M or whatever guaranteed.  You take the payday and decide where you want to be later.  And Mills' statement seems to confirm what I'm saying.

Why Sell Low on KZ (unsigned, hasn't returned to the court yet), when getting not much at all back?  Just cap space.  And erratic Smith Jr.

Worth noting that Durant couldn't win with Westbrook and Kyrie having trouble with an absolutely loaded Celt team.  Knix are going to be so far below the min salary next year that if we don't add 2 max players, we'll need to give out some inflated 1 year deals just to reach the mandatory floor.

NYK: D -

I don't see an unhappy KP recruiting anyone to come here this summer.   We let chumps like Carmelo and Kanter poison his mind.   

Don't like the direction... we are fucking tanking you big doofus!  Because you can't stay upright. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: February 01, 2019, 01:12:16 PM »

Don't think we will be drafting any Euro players anymore.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: February 01, 2019, 01:39:26 PM »

Didn’t Perry take Mario?

Hopefully we get guys who are more dog than hype and the players we get are good together soon.

Time to buy out Kanter.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: February 01, 2019, 01:47:28 PM »

I'm mad at KP. Fuck you dude.  You have nothing but boos coming.

I can be mad at the Knicks but I have no insight into if there were  better deals coming. 

I have to believe the Knicks did what was best for the Knicks.

Just like KP and his bro were only looking out for themselves.

KP posted a pic of him and Luka before posting a picture thanking the NY fans.

Boo this man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: February 01, 2019, 02:08:13 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: February 01, 2019, 02:54:21 PM »

What in the history of Knicks management over the last 20+ years would lead you to "have" to believe that?  Has anything they have done over that period been what is best for the Knicks?

You can choose to believe it.  If you want.  But Howard Beck, for one, says the trade talk wasn't a demand.  That it came up in discussions.  Leads me to believe that Knicks management could have/should have been able to convince Kristaps to give this a shot.  He hasn't played for Fiz, hasn't played with Knox, hasn't played with their upcoming top draft pick...This wasn't a requirement.

I can't think of a team that traded their franchise player in his early twenties and then went on to greatness.  Can you?  And to do that just to clear cap space?

I have to believe the Knicks did a trade that will turn out to be dumb.  Thats the history.  And thats what it looks like now.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: February 01, 2019, 03:11:41 PM »

What in the history of Knicks management over the last 20+ years would lead you to "have" to believe that?  Has anything they have done over that period been what is best for the Knicks?

You can choose to believe it.  If you want.  But Howard Beck, for one, says the trade talk wasn't a demand.  That it came up in discussions.  Leads me to believe that Knicks management could have/should have been able to convince Kristaps to give this a shot.  He hasn't played for Fiz, hasn't played with Knox, hasn't played with their upcoming top draft pick...This wasn't a requirement.

I can't think of a team that traded their franchise player in his early twenties and then went on to greatness.  Can you?  And to do that just to clear cap space?

I have to believe the Knicks did a trade that will turn out to be dumb.  Thats the history.  And thats what it looks like now.

Finally the voice of reason.

Not sure what is more maddening, the Knicks trade or Kam and others embracing yet another reboot and change in direction.

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 1850