Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943120 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4065 on: February 01, 2019, 10:47:55 PM »

What team trades away their young franchise player for cap space?

Yup. Everything I am reading are weak excuses for the Knocks making what is fundamentally a dumb move. No other team in the league does this.

He wanted out?  No. He didn’t demand a trade. And a 23 year old kid doesn’t get to decide where he goes in this league. Makes the Knicks look weak, and undesirable.

We won’t ever prefer him over a player we get for the cap space?  Bullshit. Very possible we will. He was a phenomenally exciting player on both sides of the court, and still learning the game.  Called a unicorn for good reason.

He’s a permanent injury risk?  Well I guess you guys can hope so if it makes you feel better over a fundamentally stupid move made by what is simply the most fundamentally stupid franchise in all of sports.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: February 01, 2019, 10:56:42 PM »

I don't blame anyone for feeling that way. 

That's why this was such a stupefying astonishing move.... the Knicks had to know their fans would MURDER them,

And they did it ANYWAY.

WHOA..... ballz
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: February 01, 2019, 11:12:58 PM »

Nuggets got 83 points in first half.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: February 01, 2019, 11:34:15 PM »

Nuggets got 83 points in first half.

With their starting backcourt out.

Malik Beas killing it.
Torrey Craig and Monte Morris in on the damage.
Also Jokic steamrolling Rockettes smallballers.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: February 01, 2019, 11:36:32 PM »

Am I the only one who knows Durant is 30 years old, and after 30 the body and skillset starts decreasing.  I'd much rather a Kyrie and Boogie deal.  Boogie played good next to Davis in Narleans.  Kyrie, Dennis, Knox, Boogie, Mitch.  Thats a hellohvuh starting five.  All young, Kyrie drives the team, Dennis takes over when he needs a rest, We got Trier in the wings.  Also unlike everybody else in the forum I like Kanter.  People downplay the importance of offensive rebounds.  Kanter gets them all. He is definitely an asset. and he is young.  Defense can be taught.

Name the great players that became mush at 30.  Especially since intense workouts became common.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: February 01, 2019, 11:38:47 PM »

Yup. Everything I am reading are weak excuses for the Knocks making what is fundamentally a dumb move. No other team in the league does this.

He wanted out?  No. He didn’t demand a trade. And a 23 year old kid doesn’t get to decide where he goes in this league. Makes the Knicks look weak, and undesirable.

We won’t ever prefer him over a player we get for the cap space?  Bullshit. Very possible we will. He was a phenomenally exciting player on both sides of the court, and still learning the game.  Called a unicorn for good reason.

He’s a permanent injury risk?  Well I guess you guys can hope so if it makes you feel better over a fundamentally stupid move made by what is simply the most fundamentally stupid franchise in all of sports.

The brother was a dick.  Why don't you see it?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: February 01, 2019, 11:39:44 PM »

And doesn't "the truth will come out" just speak for itself?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: February 01, 2019, 11:47:15 PM »

I'd much sooner fire Perry/Mills than trade KZ for crapola.
Fizz too ...

Smith.   Check
Number 1.   Check.
Second #1.   Check
Glimpses at Wes and the Giant.    Check Check
Room for one 7 year max free agent.    Check
Room for second 7 or 10 year free agent.    Check

But yeah.  Keep the udickorn instead.

bodiddley

• View Profile
The Cover-Your-Ass Meeting
« Reply #4073 on: February 01, 2019, 11:50:27 PM »

We'll likely hear more, but from what I'm getting, that KZ meeting sounded like a set-up.  They brought him in to talk for all of 5 minutes.  They reportedly gave him a set binary choice -- if he was all-in on what they were doing, or if he was out.  Perry-Mills decided KZ wasn't fully on board.  And they had him traded within an hour.

Sure sounds like they had the trade they were going to make, and manufactured a pretense to justify it.  Gee, KZ showed some concerns over a 10-40 situation, without a genuine starting PG, rotations and starting slots a free-for-all, etc. 

No meeting was needed.  And if there was a brief one, all they needed to know was if KZ was okay with the develop the youth approach and planned to sign a max deal with NYK.  Both of which should already have been discussed.

They should have just been waiting for KZ to be evaluated in FEB.  Getting a feel if he wanted to return this year or next.  Explaining how they were developing the youth, and positioning for a high draft pick.  And that they'd add some vet help as well.

But of course the Knix always outsmart themselves and try to skip a few steps in any process.  Now, we're told that no stars is the path to two, as we plan to free agent in an instant team.

The meeting sounds like it was a sham . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: February 01, 2019, 11:54:49 PM »

I'm getting behind it being the right move long term. 
It was a panic move not because of the meeting with an unhappy KP
but because the franchises in the glamour towns (LAC and BKN) had more space this summer.
Only an idiot would claim there's no chance it backfires.  KP could be a hall of fame guy if it works out.
We could end up with no max free agents.
What are you gonna do; stop being a fan?
Not me.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: The Cover-Your-Ass Meeting
« Reply #4075 on: February 01, 2019, 11:59:45 PM »

We have heard KP asked for a trade.    True or false? I don't know.
We have heard that the brother threatened playing for the QO and going UFA.  True or false? I don't know.

You think both are false.

That's cool. You can think that.  But there's only a 1 in 4 chance of that being the case.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: The Cover-Your-Ass Meeting
« Reply #4076 on: February 02, 2019, 12:14:13 AM »

We'll likely hear more, but from what I'm getting, that KZ meeting sounded like a set-up.  They brought him in to talk for all of 5 minutes.  They reportedly gave him a set binary choice -- if he was all-in on what they were doing, or if he was out.  Perry-Mills decided KZ wasn't fully on board.  And they had him traded within an hour.

Sure sounds like they had the trade they were going to make, and manufactured a pretense to justify it.  Gee, KZ showed some concerns over a 10-40 situation, without a genuine starting PG, rotations and starting slots a free-for-all, etc. 

No meeting was needed.  And if there was a brief one, all they needed to know was if KZ was okay with the develop the youth approach and planned to sign a max deal with NYK.  Both of which should already have been discussed.

They should have just been waiting for KZ to be evaluated in FEB.  Getting a feel if he wanted to return this year or next.  Explaining how they were developing the youth, and positioning for a high draft pick.  And that they'd add some vet help as well.

But of course the Knix always outsmart themselves and try to skip a few steps in any process.  Now, we're told that no stars is the path to two, as we plan to free agent in an instant team.

It wasn't just 10-40

Wasn't just this year's losing ..  But I am not sure Perry was ready to offer max money just yet.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: February 02, 2019, 12:49:40 AM »

I'm mad at KP. Fuck you dude.  You have nothing but boos coming.

I can be mad at the Knicks but I have no insight into if there were  better deals coming. 

I have to believe the Knicks did what was best for the Knicks.

Just like KP and his bro were only looking out for themselves.

KP posted a pic of him and Luka before posting a picture thanking the NY fans.

Boo this man.

This all day.

The player we all had to keep, less than 24 hours after being traded:

https://twitter.com/JCMacriNBA/status/1091474770967871488

Wait, what?

There's a picture of KP smiling since he's been traded?

My God! What an evil scum bucket!

Show me no more. You've shattered my faith in human beings.

Are you a block of ice or a human being? Or perhaps a troll apparently trying to one up people instead of understanding reasons he could have played it a bit more kind to Knick fans?

Do you care about that at all? You know the ones that called him some kind of savior and found any possible way to make excuses, watching those comeback videos over the summer, and defending him profusely, some loudly against trading him as he didn't show the same interest back? How should they take it or we interpret that?

It feels like you don't give a care that a lot of our fans are very upset about this, or KP's messages through social media. I'm actually not as mad, but making a point that the guy didn't care about us as much as we did - to the point where he was not buying in NOW and wanted out - and that's part of the reason why we were right to trade him.

His first Twitter post shortly after the trade with a smirking emojie and video clip/gif joking with Doncic at his last game at MSG. Then an Instagram post saying, "The Truth will come out :)"

Then this image and story. All less than a day later. Fans deserve better than someone like him.

Sorry to know you have such low standards for how fans should be treated by someone who leaves and is loved so much. Melo, who didn't win jack got a standing O. You think KP will get that?

Hellz no. Hmmm...wonder why???

Actually...Eureka, you're best friends with KP and Kanter (It was you who went out of your way to defend that other false idol, right?)

It's a goddamn game. Yeah, I've got a passion for it, but I'm not making a villain of Kanter or imagining that an image of KP smiling or weeping means fuckall.

Everyone has an opinion why KP is gone. We'll know in the future, just like we'll know whether the trade doomed the franchise or saved it. Until then...I'll hang on to fantasies of an Irving-Duncan lineup or some such shit, but I'm not going to vilify anyone. These guys just play ball.

A villain? Nah, mostly concerned with fans going crazy over him when I see a used car salesman, and I know I'm not alone.

Kanter seems to me to be trying to hustle our desperate, traumatized fan base for his own personal gain. He's playing the public image game, in one regard, but playing himself in other ways. Some think he's just who he is. Really? I dunno, I have doubts, and I don't expect miracles either with him, like fans who say just play defense. To me, he just can't. Like Amar'e and other players who no matter what won't be good at it. if that's the case, and you cause more harm than good to a team, why do I want you as a fan?

His approach to his being benched could represent a particular version of capitalism, one that utilizes convenience and practical ideas such as negotiation tactics, political capital, etc. to get what you want, no matter what. Sometimes it seems this way.

Problem is this is a business with fans as the primary source of revenue. Something is amiss here, part of which is a lack of understanding of NY fans. We're not all chanting for Kanter to play. A lot feel the complete opposite, but he either doesn't realize that or blocks it out. That's one aspect of the misread but so is the concept of "getting mine" in a hyper-competitive world of the highest level of pro sports for top athlhetes, and particularly the NBA with its more complex CBA/salary cap. We can go back to Lebron's "decision" (similar), Melo's, Lakers blocked trade for Paul, KD's move to GS, AD's moves and now KP, but bigger problem is KP and Kanter are not on that level.

That doesn't make them villains, just shitty at working the crowd. Maybe it's due to not being American or not in NY long enough to understand. I dunno, but something is awry and we're done with them both, clearly.

Kanter, fortunately, is mostly irrelevant so it means less for us and will be forgotten by most. If he was still in OKC he'd be invisible. No one would care at all as he'd have no audience. Wonder if he's figured that out?? Hmmm...

KP comes across as possibly similarly ignorant to me about who he is and where he is. It's very sad, but I think both have shown colors that I would never want as a manager or leader on my team after feeling I've tried to work with them repeatedly, or even honestly sent messages that one's time was up (Kanter). Then to have that employee try to hustle the leadership by using their popularity with a certain loud, and who I'd call ignorant set of fans who he does not realize is not the full fanbase? Nah, you're stepping outside of your area. Maybe it's a mistake, as that can happen, but it's not just one time. It's a pattern.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:12:06 AM by PrezIke »

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: February 02, 2019, 01:11:18 AM »

Quote from: kidcarter8 link=topic=11.msg82534#msg82534 date=1549056719

Think about what you are saying.  We didnt even have enough to pay max to a 7 year vet.
[/quote

We actually did. But we didn't have enough for a 10 year.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: February 02, 2019, 01:11:43 AM »

Alarming stat

Charlie Ward was the last draft pick we extended

Indeed alarming. Hopefully Frank will be the next one.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 1850